The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If we got nolan patrick would the canucks be saved?

teepain

9 hours ago, c00kies said:

My biggest fear would be becoming the St.Louis Blues, having only one elite player (a winger), a good d-core, and just decent forwards. You need elite talent and very good talent to win Cups, even if you have good depth throughout the line-up. 

One of the deepest defenses in the league wouldn't be a bad thing though

..  Pietrangelo Parayko Bouwmeester...Plus a servicable front line in Stastny Steen Tarasenko and co.. Only a few years ago were considered contenders.  Having an off year...Maybe this wouldn't be so bad.

8 minutes ago, IBatch said:

One of the deepest defenses in the league wouldn't be a bad thing though

..  Pietrangelo Parayko Bouwmeester...Plus a servicable front line in Stastny Steen Tarasenko and co.. Only a few years ago were considered contenders.  Having an off year...Maybe this wouldn't be so bad.

Hasn't won them a cup, boring to watch.

sounds pretty close to what we already have/had.  

So for the hell of it, I went onto the nhl lottery simulator website (www.nhllotterysimulator.com). It said the Canucks have an 8.517% chance of getting the 1st overall pick. Statistically, this means that Canucks should get the 1st overall pick around the 12th attempt. Well, guess how many attempts it took me? Couldn't believe it. Finally after 69 ATTEMPTS Canucks won the lottery.

Yeah, good luck to us....

Canuck Luck.jpg

1 hour ago, DonaldBrashear said:

So for the hell of it, I went onto the nhl lottery simulator website (www.nhllotterysimulator.com). It said the Canucks have an 8.517% chance of getting the 1st overall pick. Statistically, this means that Canucks should get the 1st overall pick around the 12th attempt. Well, guess how many attempts it took me? Couldn't believe it. Finally after 69 ATTEMPTS Canucks won the lottery.

Canuck Luck.jpg

too much time on your hands bro

It's funny how so many people are jumping on OP. But nowhere did he ask if Patrick would be the sole saviour of our franchise.

Seemed like he was merely asking if we are a Nolan Patrick away from being a competitive team again on top of our current foundation.

We are likely ahead of where teams like the Oilers/Flames/Leafs were when they started rebuilding. We have an excellent future on D and in goal. We have a good crop of depth forwards. Sure, it would be nice to have an A+ center, but the question posed was would Patrick be enough to bring us to the top again.

Well if all indications are that Patrick would be BoHo 2.0, having two solid B+ centers down the middle + our core of young Ds and Gs, yeah, one could argue that one Patrick on TOP of what we already have and will continue to add, will certainly help to make us competitors in the future.

3 hours ago, EmilyM said:

It's funny how so many people are jumping on OP. But nowhere did he ask if Patrick would be the sole saviour of our franchise.

Seemed like he was merely asking if we are a Nolan Patrick away from being a competitive team again on top of our current foundation.

We are likely ahead of where teams like the Oilers/Flames/Leafs were when they started rebuilding. We have an excellent future on D and in goal. We have a good crop of depth forwards. Sure, it would be nice to have an A+ center, but the question posed was would Patrick be enough to bring us to the top again.

Well if all indications are that Patrick would be BoHo 2.0, having two solid B+ centers down the middle + our core of young Ds and Gs, yeah, one could argue that one Patrick on TOP of what we already have and will continue to add, will certainly help to make us competitors in the future.

Our prospect pool ranks 16th in the league right now up from dead last when Benning took over.   If this trend keeps up things will inevitably get better .... If not we can expect mediocrity.  Goaltending is still a big question mark in my mind we all have seen how important it is.   Let's hope we get some more good pieces this draft that can help the team in a couple years.   

5 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Canuck Luck.jpg

Thanks for pointing that out. TO had a twenty percent chance to select Mathews and won it .... Things would sure be different for them if they didn't...Smells funny to me that they would strip their roster last year and as planned sucked enough to get the best odds to pick him or Laine....If it were the Canucks that won there would have been a lot of poo faces by the media at that point instead of barely contained joy.  Can just see Shanny giggling and patting Buttmans back and them sharing a knowing smug look across the dance floor.   Must have rigged it for sure!

Archived