The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT]: Canucks vs. Kings, Friday, March 31, 2017 7 PM PST

Qwags

4 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Source that goldy was going to sit if Eric was playing?

According to the practice lines, Goldobin was skating as an extra dman with Philip Larsen.

Thus suggesting Willie had intended to sit Goldobin out this game.  Goldobin in is not Willie's choice but force do to circumstance

2 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

According to the practice lines, Goldobin was skating as an extra dman with Philip Larsen.

Thus suggesting Willie had intended to sit Goldobin out this game.  Goldobin in is not Willie's choice but force do to circumstance

Suggesting, he didn't say it. It's preseason 2.0.  whatever turns your crank.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Didn't Goldobin score the winning goal last time we played the Kings...

These games are meaningless. I'd rather lose a game then lose a key prospect to injury.

EDIT: And it ends up not mattering anyway as he's in tonight.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Did JB have a little chat with .Willie?  I wonder how many minutes Willie plays Goldy?  

Benning probably came down and put his hands around willie neck and said" Do u want us to expose what you did with megna in the hotel room in calgary or are u going to play Goldbin" and left

1 hour ago, stawns said:

No, he needs to work harder.......a LOT harder.  Right now he does not look like he belongs in the NHL.

Work hard like Megna right? Let's just build a team of Megna clones, because guys like him work really hard. I'm fine with a player that works smarter than harder.

Do you expect to see him mucking and grinding? That's not his game and never will be.

3 hours ago, Mattrek said:

LA big team, Goldy not so much. He's got to add some grit and muscle this summer, he doesn't have the killer drive of a small guy (Biega, Baertschi, Stecher) and doesn't have the muscle mass to compete with the big guys either. I'm ok with this honestly. Would rather a kid who's not quite ready to play in the NHL sit out a game or two then him becoming injured delaying any development over the summer.

If we must to scratch small guys because we're playing against a big team we'll have only about 10 guys dressing up.

Put WD in the press box too, along with his team-killer instinct, since he's smaller than Daryl Sutter. 

I really want to see us bringing it to Kings the way CGY did the other night. It was so refreshing to see the entire LA team losing it and going after Tkachuk, but the kid didn't give a damn and kept crashing into Drew Douchebag making him cringe every time. Kings have been giving it to other teams for so long so such payback was a long overdue.

Realistically though, we don't have anyone even remotely close to pull that off so most likely our guys will be apologizing to Kings for getting in their way. Sigh.   

4 hours ago, coho8888 said:

Bure's first NHL shift alone would have had him stapled to the bench for the rest of the game.

Hmm  -  I was at that game.  I don't remember us being up 3 - 0 when he had his first shift as we were when Goldy scored his goal 

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

Hmm  -  I was at that game.  I don't remember us being up 3 - 0 when he had his first shift as we were when Goldy scored his goal 

No, I was just alluding to the fact that Bure was basically skating all over the place with little regard for defense or systems play.

16 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

It was good hockey to watch!  Especially since the USA won. B)

32 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I need some Canadians to come into the USA vs. Canada thread so I can rub in that the USA is winning 2-0 right now! B)

Our 4 straight olympics gold medals feel good to especially 2014 when we came back from 2-0 

Archived