The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Firing] Kings Fire Lombardi/Sutter

2 hours ago, Bo053 said:

Then they lost in the first round and missed the playoffs the next 2 years.

Oh I see. If you ignore all the winning, then you can claim Roy 'did nothing'. I wonder how many rookie NHL coaches won 50+ games...I bet there aren't too many. 

I've always thought that Sutter was an excellent coach..(I remember when he was hired by LA, the  CDC consensus considered it to be an awful hire,after his ousting in Calgary)...He's got himself 2 Stanley Cups now,and has a lot of mileage....which makes you wonder if there's still fire in the belly there.....?

18 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

So as your saying, you couldn't prove it, you couldn't nut up, and left to europe

Yes there's a difference between developing the players and telling them they have no hope or future in the NHL, 

When did i say that?  Kid can't even read....

Sounds like you have a bit of an ego problem.  You couldn't tell the difference between building a players confidence and nuttin' up. You've confused coddling with teaching and some how out of it all you get that i'm saying coach Q is a pansy?  Wow, how did you manage 10 years in the AHL when you clearly haven't passed 3rd grade.

It's possible you played but I highly doubt it, any one who's played the sport understands that 80% of the game is mental.  and anyone who's played the sport has also had a coach that was a dick and would know how destructive a coach like that is to a players confidence.  

I'm actually curious for some evidence not necessarily for proof but depending on your age, you'd have either played against me or against good friends of mine.  

More insults hey?

You're very immature - your responses prove it, you took offense and started insulting people because they disagree with you about hockey  (this provides incredible insight into your maturity level)

I am going to block you since your childishness and nonsense make me laugh and at the same time feel very sorry for you

You will however, be reported for your abusive commentary

27 minutes ago, Boeser6 said:

More insults hey?

You're very immature - your responses prove it, you took offense and started insulting people because they disagree with you about hockey  (this provides incredible insight into your maturity level)

I am going to block you since your childishness and nonsense make me laugh and at the same time feel very sorry for you

You will however, be reported for your abusive commentary

You think those were insults?  For someone defending sutter, calling our players "poosies", you sure could not have of handled playing for him,

20 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

You think those were insults?  For someone defending sutter, calling our players "poosies", you sure could not have of handled playing for him,

It continues

Firstly, learn to read, I said if they 'couldn't play for a tough coach they were poosies- not that they are'.  Clearly, given I suggested he's a good candidate I don't believe they are - that's logical deduction

Secondly, please don't turn you childish behavior and insults into some crusade of defense of our players- I call a spade a spade, you're responding with insults since you can't debate, are overly sensitive to being seen as right on a hockey forum and well I'll leave it at that for others to deduce why.

Got anymore insults little boy?

I do hope you find a way to grow up

3 hours ago, Boeser6 said:

It continues

Firstly, learn to read, I said if they 'couldn't play for a tough coach they were poosies- not that they are'.  Clearly, given I suggested he's a good candidate I don't believe they are - that's logical deduction

Secondly, please don't turn you childish behavior and insults into some crusade of defense of our players- I call a spade a spade, you're responding with insults since you can't debate, are overly sensitive to being seen as right on a hockey forum and well I'll leave it at that for others to deduce why.

Got anymore insults little boy?

I do hope you find a way to grow up

I thought you were blocking me?

Stating you couldn't handle sutter is an insult?  Hmm ok then???

when did I say sutter was a tough coach?  I said he was a dick that insults and embarrassed his players infront of the entire team. Not even about hockey issues. He doesnt to it to make a point and make players better. He does it when he's angry and needs to vent. He is a bully and that's the last thing our rookie need coming into the league.

They need confidence. They need to believe they can succeed at the NHL level. They need a coach that's willing to take a chance on them. Sutter been a NHL coach for 20 years.  You can count the number of top young players he's brought up on one hand. Compare that to WD (who I didn't even like) and he's got  a many in his first 3 years. 

16 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I thought you were blocking me?

Stating you couldn't handle sutter is an insult?  Hmm ok then???

when did I say sutter was a tough coach?  I said he was a dick that insults and embarrassed his players infront of the entire team. Not even about hockey issues. He doesnt to it to make a point and make players better. He does it when he's angry and needs to vent. He is a bully and that's the last thing our rookie need coming into the league.

They need confidence. They need to believe they can succeed at the NHL level. They need a coach that's willing to take a chance on them. Sutter been a NHL coach for 20 years.  You can count the number of top young players he's brought up on one hand. Compare that to WD (who I didn't even like) and he's got  a many in his first 3 years. 

You make alot of claims for a guy who's never been in the room with sutter - seems to me he has 2 cups to prove how good of a coach he is

Some people who are pro's can handle it - Same thing was said about a guy named Tortarella right? Too loud, too in your face - Up for coach of the year again

Case closed - you can win with coaches like that and if you need a guy who can handle kittens with his mittens - well expect the results of kittens when it comes to competing

53 minutes ago, Boeser6 said:

You make alot of claims for a guy who's never been in the room with sutter - seems to me he has 2 cups to prove how good of a coach he is

Some people who are pro's can handle it - Same thing was said about a guy named Tortarella right? Too loud, too in your face - Up for coach of the year again

Case closed - you can win with coaches like that and if you need a guy who can handle kittens with his mittens - well expect the results of kittens when it comes to competing

"Too loud, too in your face" doesn't not mean the same thing as insulting and putting down.  

There's a difference between yelling at a player because they made a mistake verse calling a player a (expletive) because he had white skates.

There's a difference between yelling at a player for more effort and telling a player they have no future and will not ever get any opportunity as long as he's the coach.  

I've never said anything about a coach being hard on players, I said he's a coach that is a dick to his players, stop confusing the two. 

In case you haven't realized our team isn't on the verge to winning a cup. We aren't in the prime of our players careers. We are not a coach away from winning a cup, this team has a long rebuilding process ahead of us.  This team needs a coach that knows how to build, how to turn young players into top NHLers, Sutter is not that guy.  Sutter is the final piece of a puzzle, not the first piece. 

On Tue Apr 11 2017 at 5:12 PM, Coconuts said:

LA sure is lucky, I wish we could gripe about a GM and coach who helped us win two cups in the span of three years. Let alone fire them.

Av and MG had a better winning percentage and won back to back president trophies which is an 82 game ride and far more difficult to do than the Stanley Cup... We managed to flame them both out of town. 

If Guy Boucher ever becomes available again, that's who we should get. Fantastic coach, getting two second-tier Lightning and Senators teams into the playoffs and close to the top of their division. 

For available coaches now, I like Patrick Roy and Dallas Eakins. Roy was great in Colorado and Eakins has been great in the AHL but not so great for the Oilers but they were a terrible team before getting McDavid. 

1 hour ago, morrissex95 said:

Roy was great in Colorado

No, no he was not (see below). They were also among the worst in the league (I believe last in the league in 2015-2016 as well) in puck possession. He was downright awful. His only saving grace to perhaps getting back into the NHL as a head coach is that the Avs were somehow worse this year. Although, him leaving weeks before the season started certainly won't appeal to GMs around the league. Ditching your responsibilities doesn't sit well with employers.

IMG_1456.PNG

1 hour ago, morrissex95 said:

If Guy Boucher ever becomes available again, that's who we should get. Fantastic coach, getting two second-tier Lightning and Senators teams into the playoffs and close to the top of their division. 

For available coaches now, I like Patrick Roy and Dallas Eakins. Roy was great in Colorado and Eakins has been great in the AHL but not so great for the Oilers but they were a terrible team before getting McDavid. 

I like Boucher but you have got to be kidding W Roy/Eakins. I would love to hear your case for bringing in a Coach who failed to develop a young team of elite prospects (Eakins) and a guy who makes Torts look level headed (Roy).... Do indulge please!  

5 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I like Boucher but you have got to be kidding W Roy/Eakins. I would love to hear your case for bringing in a Coach who failed to develop a young team of elite prospects (Eakins) and a guy who makes Torts look level headed (Roy).... Do indulge please!  

I don't really have much of an explanation I like them.

Eakins had no defense in Edmonton. Scotty Bowman in his prime couldn't win with that team.

Archived