The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks interested in Krueger for Head Coach

Ossi Vaananen

16 minutes ago, soshified said:

Capitals lose to Leafs.

Caps blow up team by trades and firing Trotz.

Canucks hire Trotz.

You heard it here first folks. Canucks are waiting for the end of round 1.

13 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Entire league would be lining up to hire Trotz. What makes you think he would want to come to a 29th place team?

Somebody's gotta coach Ovie when we throw the Miller/Burrows/Hansen money at him to come here...

11 minutes ago, soshified said:

im joking around lmao

me too :(

Well, Luca Sbisa was on Team Europe..........kidding

It's outta the box, maybe even off of the grid but the more I think about it, Kruger is probably a decent candidate.  He won Silver with Team Europe in the World Cup last year so he has something after 3 years mostly out of hockey.

1 hour ago, drummerboy said:

I never even thought of him.  

Pretty decent option.  

He did a good enough job with Team Europe, and has a ton of international experience, but not a whole lot of real success. 

He sucked with the Oilers tho.  

IMO, I say nope.  

Are u serious ? Here. I will post this again.....

krueger was the best pre mcdavid coach the oliers had with the current core. He is an awesome coach. Look at the wins and losses around 2012 2013 to compare.

He was almost at .500. If u add the points pace to 82 games , they would have finished with 87. Pretty friggin good considering the following years were in the 60's. Doesn't take a genius to connect the dots.  He had them finish the highest in their division in almost a decade. 

1 hour ago, MJDDawg said:

It would be so Canuck-like wouldn't it to hire a guy who was an NHL head coach for one season AND hasn't even been in this league for three years.

This is happening.

The thing is Krueger's actually a decent coach. Almost took that Edmonton team a few years ago to the playoffs and coached Team Europe to the Finals that they probably had no business being in. He'd probably be #3 on my list after Crawford and Green. 

6 minutes ago, Pears said:

The thing is Krueger's actually a decent coach. Almost took that Edmonton team a few years ago to the playoffs and coached Team Europe to the Finals that they probably had no business being in. He'd probably be #3 on my list after Crawford and Green. 

He is 1 on my list out of current availables for this team   , just thought he was done with hockey ( for obvious reasons)

Friedman is a lot more reliable than someone like Dreger.

Interesting and completely out of the box option.

I think we should go with a guy that has experience rather than another rookie.

It is entirely possible that this is just making sure you have some back up plans in place, in case Green gets an offer he wants more.

Have the Canucks even started interviewing candidates yet? Heard absolutely nothing. Meanwhile, other teams are hiring replacements while there doesn't seem to be any urgency or hurry from Canucks despite them wanting to have someone in place before the draft. 

I still expect Travis or Crawford to be hired as new Coach which is another huge mistake and step back.

2 minutes ago, fivethej said:

Have the Canucks even started interviewing candidates yet? Heard absolutely nothing. Meanwhile, other teams are hiring replacements while there doesn't seem to be any urgency or hurry from Canucks despite them wanting to have someone in place before the draft. 

I still expect Travis or Crawford to be hired as new Coach which is another huge mistake and step back.

so you're in a hurry for them to make a mistake? 

15 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

No need to go green. That combo works just fine without him. 

well... its a darn interesting pair. I wonder who they'd pick up for a D coach? 

Also, Paul Maurice seems to think quite highly of him: 

Maurice was named an assistant coach on Krueger's staff for Team Europe at the event, which will be held Sept. 17-Oct. 1 at Air Canada Centre in Toronto.

"Very excited to work with Ralph," Maurice said from Dallas, where the Jets play at the Dallas Stars on Thursday. "He's a real interesting guy. He's been around hockey for an awfully long time but done a tremendous amount of work in leadership and building organizations and motivating them. So it'll be a great opportunity. A bunch of players I've never worked with before and a great challenge."

Maurice and Krueger got to know each other when Krueger, who was coaching Switzerland's national team, did European scouting and player recruitment work for the Hurricanes while Maurice was Hurricanes coach.

"We weren't at the business end of the draft table and we'd spend 10 hours talking hockey and hit it off," Maurice said. "I liked the way his Edmonton Oilers [Krueger coached the Oilers in 2012-13] played with what he had there. I thought he did a fantastic job in Edmonton, and his teams were always competitive in international competition with a whole lot less to offer.

https://www.nhl.com/news/maurice-krueger-reunite-on-team-europe-staff/c-787641

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

well... its a darn interesting pair. I wonder who they'd pick up for a D coach? 

Also, Paul Maurice seems to think quite highly of him: 

Maurice was named an assistant coach on Krueger's staff for Team Europe at the event, which will be held Sept. 17-Oct. 1 at Air Canada Centre in Toronto.

"Very excited to work with Ralph," Maurice said from Dallas, where the Jets play at the Dallas Stars on Thursday. "He's a real interesting guy. He's been around hockey for an awfully long time but done a tremendous amount of work in leadership and building organizations and motivating them. So it'll be a great opportunity. A bunch of players I've never worked with before and a great challenge."

Maurice and Krueger got to know each other when Krueger, who was coaching Switzerland's national team, did European scouting and player recruitment work for the Hurricanes while Maurice was Hurricanes coach.

"We weren't at the business end of the draft table and we'd spend 10 hours talking hockey and hit it off," Maurice said. "I liked the way his Edmonton Oilers [Krueger coached the Oilers in 2012-13] played with what he had there. I thought he did a fantastic job in Edmonton, and his teams were always competitive in international competition with a whole lot less to offer.

https://www.nhl.com/news/maurice-krueger-reunite-on-team-europe-staff/c-787641

Hmmm. Interesting read. Not sayin I would hate the duo with green , but I highly doubt krueger would leave southhampton fc to be an assistant coach for the Vancouver Canucks.  

12 minutes ago, fivethej said:

Where did I say that. Not hearing anything about interviews leads me to believe Travis already has been given the job.

I highly doubt Green is guaranteed the canucks gig. I'm sure they have along list of candidates and will do thr due diligence before hiring someone. 

21 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Hmmm. Interesting read. Not sayin I would hate the duo with green , but I highly doubt krueger would leave southhampton fc to be an assistant coach for the Vancouver Canucks.  

Depending on how interested we are, if Krueger is at or near the top of the list Aquilini is gonna throw a ton of money at him. 

Archived