The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Provincial Election Thread

JM_

CDC Votes!  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Poll doesn't work, as both fields are required.

Voting NDP, Christy has been a disaster. She made it into the times last month for accepting $50,000. She's as dim as they come. I'm not a big Horgan fan, but I'd set a pretty low bar of being incorruptible. 

:blush: ack! sorry OV its my first multi poll. I don't know how to fix that so I added in a 5th option in the 2nd question so it can be answered properly. 

2 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

I'm centre right politically.  Right about where the Liberals are but Christy lost me years ago.  Don't like her at all.

NDP is pretty left and the Greens are even more left.

The thing that I'm afraid of is that the left will be split and we'll have to endure another 4 years of Christy :blink:

Played rugby with Andrew Weaver.  The man is off the charts smart.  Maybe I park my vote there.

Thats the impression I got - interesting to get the 1st hand view. 

2 hours ago, Heretic said:

LOL - there's a "People's Front"!

Reminds me of my old Quake clan name:

Quakean Peoples Front!

http://met.ca/qpf/

Oh yah there are some gems. The BC Excalibur Party is a good one too. Or The Platinum Party of Employers Who Think and Act to Increase Awareness. But my personal favourite is the "Work Less Party". http://elections.bc.ca/docs/fin/Registered-Political-Parties-Information.pdf

10 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Thats the impression I got - interesting to get the 1st hand view. 

Weaver won the Governor Generals Award in 83 or 84 as one of the top scholars in the country in his senior year at UVic.  He went on to study in Oxford and ultimately returned to UVic as a professor.  He is a recognized authority as a Climate Scientist and was a frequent guest on the Bill Good Show.  I haven't talked to him since the early 80's.

My riding's been NDP for years and I'd be shocked if that changed; the Liberal candidate here always ends up being some throwaway because they know they can't win it. Back when I was in high school we had a candidates forum and the Liberal candidate didn't even show up, it was just the NDP incumbent and some wacky Green lady who was unintentionally hilarious.

I'm undecided at the moment but I already know that the NDP will win my riding anyway. I'll still vote, though.

(Edit: although going purely off of their Nardwuar interviews and nothing else, Weaver would be my pick, followed by Clark and then Horgan. :lol:)

As someone mentioned earlier, the Green and NDP parties shoot themselves in the foot with people splitting between them, while the right side has no Conservative Party to split with Liberals. Older age population isn't reflected well on CDC, but the big thing for them is primarily taxes, and Liberals - hate them or love them - have managed to keep provincial taxes at the same level, while NDP and Green parties would need to raise taxes, albeit for mostly deserved programs / reasons. All-in-all, Liberals haven't done enough damage to change the majority of minds out there, and they'll win again, as NDP hasn't stepped up nearly enough and Green had too much gap to close.

What a choice! The NDP have shown repeatedly in the past that they couldn't run a fish and chip shop successfully, if the Green Party were to get in they'd have no option but to change 95% of their purported agenda, so that would be pointless, that leaves us with the Liberals. They IMHO have the best chance of keeping this province in a healthy state. Unfortunately, their leader is almost universally disliked/distrusted/hated so there's going to be some reluctance even among lifetime Liberals/Socreds to vote for them. Ain't life grand ::D

We currently have the biggest tax and spend party in our history. With several supreme court losses for contract breaking we are hemorrhaging cash. One has to laugh or you would cry at the blind continuing to drink the koolaid and toe the Liberal party line that the NDP would wreck the economy. Lets get this correct - BC Liberal supports love taxation. If they had any concern over wasted taxes they would have stopped supporting them after hundreds of millions of tax dollars were paid to settle the lawsuits. The NDP left a balanced budget - one can argue they didn't grow the economy as much as some wanted wreck the economy? Not even close. It's time we bring in an idiot tax - tax every worker 40% at the source and call it "you keep buying Liberal propaganda without any fact checking - here is your sign"

Might as well be completely honest with what the taxes are for.  Recent ads cheering new investment in education which is actually court settlements and tonights add where she professes leaders need to be open and honest? Huh Really ? Its a true statement regarding any leader - she carefully works it to imply she is the only one - without every claiming to be.

The BC Dipper party ( BC Liberals ) are getting a free pass thanks to a support base that will buy anything - hook line and sinker. 

If one should never vote NDP every again as the BC Liberal party adds say - 2 questions.... given that the BC Liberals are the BC Socreds shouldn't that mean we can never vote for them? Lastly BC Liberals feel no one should ever vote NDP - Think about that for a bit ....... think democracy then think dictatorship. After 16 years in power the fact that they are running fear mongering attack adds pretty much sums up what they think of voter intelligence.... yet the sheep keep following.

And sadly outside of a few riding's a vote for the greens is a vote for the BC Liberals.  And to be clear I respect people who dislike either party for logical reasons. The folks crying the sky would fall are the ones doing a disservice to democracy in BC. If you blindly follow your party without ever challenging them ..... your the problem. I vote NDP and I also voice my concerns if they say or do anything I disagree with. I let my membership expire when they elected Adrian to voice my concern and re upped with John Horgan.

In any event make sure you vote.... our voter turn out is pathetic and until voters take there responsibility to make informed voting choices - we will get the crappy government we deserve sadly.

Archived