The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Provincial Election Thread

JM_

CDC Votes!  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Green party has a plan to reduce/get taxes from speculative purchasing which is one of the major reasons it's  a problem... just saying. 

Most of it is OK, I'm not thrilled with the new capital gains taxation he's promoting tho, that should be exempt for BC residents principle residences. 

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

Most of it is OK, I'm not thrilled with the new capital gains taxation he's promoting tho, that should be exempt for BC residents principle residences. 

It is. If you live there long enough.

There's plenty of speculators (including slimy realtors) flipping houses who are Canadian Citizens as well and doing their fair share of driving prices up.

Just now, J.R. said:

It is. If you live there long enough.

There's plenty of speculators (including slimy realtors) flipping houses who are Canadian Citizens as well and doing their fair share of driving prices up.

Are you sure? Didn't see that in the platform, it sounded like any cap gains >750k would be in play. That will effect a lot of people's retirement plans in a very significant way unless there's some kind of exemption. 

I do agree with the waiting period on flipping, or go ahead and flip but pay the big tax too. 

2 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Are you sure? Didn't see that in the platform, it sounded like any cap gains >750k would be in play. That will effect a lot of people's retirement plans in a very significant way unless there's some kind of exemption. 

I do agree with the waiting period on flipping, or go ahead and flip but pay the big tax too. 

Was in the debate. Can't recall his specific words/numbers but he said something like they have no plan to tax regular people who live in a house for 5+ years. They'd be going after the speculators who move and flip houses annually/biannually. 

3 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Was in the debate. Can't recall his specific words/numbers but he said something like they have no plan to tax regular people who live in a house for 5+ years. They'd be going after the speculators who move and flip houses annually/biannually. 

Ah ok, thats good to know. 

2 hours ago, cdubuya said:

Man some of you communists are in denial

A bit harsh.

When you come down to it, there more similarities than differences between the NDP, Liberals , and the Greens.

All of them are big government and big spenders.  So whoever gets elected, in the end taxpayer gets screwed.

So, when it comes to voting in BC, it is usually the lesser of two evils.  Depending on your political beliefs.

Just remember that a big part of your vote belongs to your local representative not just Clark vs Horgan.

I'll be voting Liberal in my riding even though I'm not a fan of Clark, but I'll never be voting for the NDP and the BC conservatives are still a broken party with no direction

2 minutes ago, mpt said:

Just remember that a big part of your vote belongs to your local representative not just Clark vs Horgan.

I'll be voting Liberal in my riding even though I'm not a fan of Clark, but I'll never be voting for the NDP and the BC conservatives are still a broken party with no direction

Why never ndp? 

15 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Actually, I doubt that Rod is one of those.

I believe he's in Kelowna, no? Even though that's a decent sized city, it's still small enough that word would get around about a shady Realtor.

Also, although Rod and I disagree on most everything, he does seem to be well liked in that community.

Archived