The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks planning to qualify Cramarossa

3 hours ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

You aren't getting the point...

To be a competitive team, your 'depth' has to be a hell of a lot deeper than this!  Back when we were a good team, our 'depth' and 'role players' were 30 point players.  Today they are 10 point players.  We don't need 10 point players.  We need 20+ and 30+ point scorers instead.  10 point players guarantee we finish at the bottom of the league.

Mate, you gotta come to terms with gravity. Y'know that thingy where Galileo dropped two balls from the Leaning Tower of Pisa? We were good..drafted badly..say hello to gravity.

Acceptance is the 5th stage of grieving. The sun rises tomorrow. Can assure you this, because it's AM here now, & the damn thing rose again.

6 hours ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

Go do a mock-draft - and you will easily see that Vegas will (almost certainly) have a better team than us next year!

Think about that for a second!  Our GM has left us in a position where we'd be better off cancelling all of our contracts and entering the expansion draft as a completely new team.  We could make a better team out of everyone else's cast-offs than what we have today.

Think of how badly your team has to be managed - and for how many seasons in a row - before this sort of thing would ever happen!  It's not something that can happen overnight, it takes many years of concerted effort to achieve.

Actually, it should never happen.  Ever.  Ever.  Ever. 

Allow me to explain:

Cast-offs are available 24/7/365 in the NHL.  We could pick up as many of these players as we want.  At any time.  So, to allow your entire team to fall below the cast-off level is...  Well, it's the height of incompetence, for starters.  Because, whenever your skill level drops below cast-off level - you can just go pick up some more cast-offs and bring yourself back up to that level.  So, it should be nearly impossible for a team to fall below this level.

Yet, our team has managed it!

you mean like the ones where Granlund wasn't protected? 

dwell in the sewer of negativity if you want to but you're way off base, we don't know yet what kinds of trades Jim will make, UFAs, etc and teams may end up doing things to make Vegas even worse. 

2 hours ago, J.R. said:

Don't be surprised...

Of course he wants another shot, so do I. But the dude's bottom line is what?... 3 games played in 9 years of eligibility. Who should sit for him granlund? Baertschi Goldobi, sutter?, horvat? The Sedins? Eriksson? Boeser? Dahlin? 

I think there's about 12 guys ahead of him on the depth chart for a top 9 role. 

1 minute ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Of course he wants another shot, so do I. But the dude's bottom line is what?... 3 games played in 9 years of eligibility. Who should sit for him granlund? Baertschi Goldobi, sutter?, horvat? The Sedins? Eriksson? Boeser? Dahlin? 

Kids in Utica, that's where. If he kills it, great, pump and dump him at the TDL. If he Larsen's it, you recall a prospect.

7 hours ago, J.R. said:

13th forward...great!

Baer, Horvat, Eriksson

Sedin, Sedin, Granlund,

Rodin, UFA, Boeser

Gaunce, Sutter, Dorsett

Cramarossa

2 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

he's got a great shot, and in the limited time we saw him seemed like he knew where to be offensively, even skating on one leg. If he's healthy he could still be a high value guy. 

8 hours ago, J.R. said:

13th forward...great!

Baer, Horvat, Eriksson

Sedin, Sedin, Granlund,

Rodin, UFA, Boeser

Gaunce, Sutter, Dorsett

Cramarossa

Glad to see you're finally putting Brock into the lineup and not Utica.

Expect he would, he wants to play in the NHL.  And has anyone considered -- Rodin could well be a candidate for Vegas.  A risk certainly, but still a former SEL MVP and will come relatively cheap.

Would love to see Dorsett back.  Love that exit presser.  That boy is MOTIVATED!!

Neck injuries are tricky.  If he can't go, Cramarossa would be a great guy to have in the system.  Him and/or Skille.

On Rodin.  The trick knee would strike him off my list if I were George McPhee.  Does Benning spend a contract for Rodin to come to camp or just give him a PTO.  Depth is better this year.  They have Boeser, Goldobin, Virtanen, Boucher, Dahlen all possibles for the 3rd line.  It would take a very impressive camp on Rodin's part to get a sniff at top 6 imo.

Having said all that, I would love him to be successful with a come back.  (if you can call it that)

8 hours ago, J.R. said:

Utica. Along with Virtanen (and ideally Dahlen). Let them dominate and build chemistry at that level, get a ton of practice and gym time and generally kick arse.

Between call ups for injuries and after trading some more guys at the TDL (I'd pump and dump Rodin, move Dorsett and possibly that UFA C), they'll still get lots of NHL time next year.

You haven't watch Goldy very much then.  He has nothing to learning in the A.  He will 100% be on the team next year - bank on it.  What he needs to learn can only be in the NHL.   Comical how dismissive some people are of him - yeah just toss him in the A until we need him.  Do that and you better trade him quickly because he will be gone.

23 minutes ago, samurai said:

You haven't watch Goldy very much then.  He has nothing to learning in the A.  He will 100% be on the team next year - bank on it.  What he needs to learn can only be in the NHL.   Comical how dismissive some people are of him - yeah just toss him in the A until we need him.  Do that and you better trade him quickly because he will be gone.

You can't learn how to win board battles, puck pursuit, back checking etc in the A? News to me. 

47 minutes ago, J.R. said:

You can't learn how to win board battles, puck pursuit, back checking etc in the A? News to me. 

Not everyone is a two way forward.  This team needs scoring.  A team with depth plays a team defense concept meaning some players have more defensive responsibility when playing with certain skill players.  This way the scorers can score and the checkers can check, when everyone is on the same page.  I get the no floating........ but skill does earn some leeway. Look at the teams in the final 8 they all have high end skill.  (Well higher than the current Canucks)

53 minutes ago, J.R. said:

its a get it done league, not ... oh wait, wrong league. 

Archived