The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks planning to qualify Cramarossa

3 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Glad to see you're finally putting Brock into the lineup and not Utica.

Expect he would, he wants to play in the NHL.  And has anyone considered -- Rodin could well be a candidate for Vegas.  A risk certainly, but still a former SEL MVP and will come relatively cheap.

Boeser/Goldobin :P

He brings much needed sandpaper to a fairly very soft line up. We can't have all these kids being pushed around. Along with Dorsett and Gudbranson, he's some good push back.  Sure, he's not the shiniest toy, but absolutely necessary. 

11 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

So did Edmonton &^@# up by not letting mcDavid develop his backcheck and board battles for a couple years in the ahl? 

Is Goldobin as good as McDavid? 

Just now, J.R. said:

Is Goldobin as good as McDavid? 

What's that have to do with anything? You're arguing that a pure one way forward should get polished into a 2-way player. Most times that extinguishes a players elite skill. 

It's like trying to make a race horse pull an OX cart. You're saying with that comment that it's okay for the winning racehorse to keep running races but if one finishes ooohh let's say 5th, you want him to learn how to pull an Ox cart.

It's really quite a stupid plan actually and that's the reason why this team only has an elite forward about once every 10-15 years and a cup shot every 20 or so years. 

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

Sorry, but on what planet does batting for/winning puck possession not lead to more scoring?

Planet Defenso where skill goes to die.  I didn't say he shouldn't try and win puck battles. But most skill players typically don't fight board battles and play a defense first style.  They are waiting for the opportunity to do something with it when players who do that pass it to them .  Like the Sedins made a career of (ala Burrows et al)

7 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

What's that have to do with anything? You're arguing that a pure one way forward should get polished into a 2-way player. Most times that extinguishes a players elite skill. 

It's like trying to make a race horse pull an OX cart. You're saying with that comment that it's okay for the winning racehorse to keep running races but if one finishes ooohh let's say 5th, you want him to learn how to pull an Ox cart.

It's really quite a stupid plan actually and that's the reason why this team only has an elite forward about once every 10-15 years and a cup shot every 20 or so years. 

Puck pursuit is not exclusive to 2 way grinders.

See: Crosby. 

You're entire premise is flawed. 

McDavid also pursues pucks fyi.

Edit: But even he is 'struggling' as he learns to do that consistently in the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, J.R. said:

Puck pursuit is not exclusive to 2 way grinders.

See: Crosby. 

You're entire premise is flawed. 

McDavid also pursues pucks fyi. 

You're contradicting yourself. But anyways welcome to hockey. I hope you learn much in the next few years and become an avid fan of the game. Best of luck to you.

Just now, Standing_Tall#37 said:

You're contradicting yourself. But anyways welcome to hockey. I hope you learn much in the next few years and become an avid fan of the game. Best of luck to you.

Lol. Sure. 

2 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

So it's only plugs that are supposed to win board battles, have puck pursuit, and backcheck?

It is pretty obvious that he is going to be playing with the big club next year and will get the same treatment guys like Baertchi and Gran got especially the former.    

This idea that you keep sending guys down is the same as sitting guys on the bench for not making the right play.    You don't learn to play NHL hockey playing in the AHL.

Lastly, Goldy has leverage over the club like all Russians - see Nikita example.  

1 hour ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Where has he contradicted himself?

7 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Would love to see Dorsett back.  Love that exit presser.  That boy is MOTIVATED!!

Neck injuries are tricky.  If he can't go, Cramarossa would be a great guy to have in the system.  Him and/or Skille.

On Rodin.  The trick knee would strike him off my list if I were George McPhee.  Does Benning spend a contract for Rodin to come to camp or just give him a PTO.  Depth is better this year.  They have Boeser, Goldobin, Virtanen, Boucher, Dahlen all possibles for the 3rd line.  It would take a very impressive camp on Rodin's part to get a sniff at top 6 imo.

Having said all that, I would love him to be successful with a come back.  (if you can call it that)

He was in my top 5 players who impressed me with his preseason work. He was always noticeable, it's too bad the injury derailed his season completely. I saw a lot to like and want to see him at his full capacity. I also want Boucher back to see what he can do. He's got the scoring touch and if he can improve his skating like Bo watch out he'll be pushing top 6. Anyone heard anything about what's happening with him?

Archived