The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] With Juices Contract Up Do The Canucks Bring Him Back?

Why?......WHY? Do people think this guy is a good mentor or role model?

He's lackadaisical at best lazy at worst and a totally self-absorbed player.

"Do I feel like pinching? Ya.....Do I feel like hitting? mm....not tonight......That was my guy who scored? You're ALL my guys, so shut up"

Do you ever remember him fighting to defend a teamate? I don't, I remember him fighting if someone pissed HIM off......and if he felt like fighting. Kesler was the same way.

He was good to have here when he helped form part of our identity (remember when everyone hated us?)

But he never has and never will be a mentor..........unless he feels like it

1 minute ago, terrible.dee said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

You don't have to be a star at something to be a good coach at it. Look at almost every NHL coach who never made the NHL.

I think you are a bit off base with Juice.  He never stuck up for his team mates?  All he cared for was himself?  I guess you know him pretty well to give such insight.  Did he live next door to you and kicked your Dog?  He seemed liked by his team mates, wore an "A" and I remember a game against Calgary where he stepped up to trade places with Calum Laine so he wouldn't have to fight such a big guy in the first second of his first NHL game.  Sounds like a good guy that would be a good mentor.  Top it all off, he did a great job for the Canucks "Hockey Talks" in memory of his good friend, the late Rick Rypien.

I don't believe Kevin ever made Vancouver his home. He's an Ontario guy. If the Ducks buy out his final year I could see him catching on with Ottawa or Toronto in a mentoring role on a one year low dollar deal maybe. The man is 36 after all. Great character guy though. Great Canuck.

Archived