The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks being approached about Tanev

4 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

So are we better off long term with......

Tanev + 5th OA - Sbisa +33 OA

or

3rd OA + 5th OA + Sbisa - 33 OA

In my opinion we are better with Dallas's 3rd OA longterm

Yes

Easily 3'rd OA + Sbisa > Tanev + 33 OA but I'd try to hold onto 33 and I think it can be done. 

3 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

So are we better off long term with......

Tanev + 5th OA - Sbisa +33 OA

or

3rd OA + 5th OA + Sbisa - 33 OA

In my opinion we are better with Dallas's 3rd OA longterm

I think the latter too. I feel our team will be peeking in 5 years, and id rather have a 3rd oa peek with them than Tanev at 32ish years old. Plus it would be super exciting to pick 3rd and 5th this year and see our organization oozing with young talent. 

5 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

PunjabiCanuck posted that according to TSN it is rumoured that Dallas wants Tanev and both 2nd rounders for the 3rd OA

I'd say Tanev plus a 2nd round pick and  a prospect  (Goldy/Subban/Boucher), for Dallas' 3rd OA pick.

Anyone see TSN report this? 

9 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

If we're giving up two 2nd's then we have have to get Honka coming back. 

Honka 

+

Vilardi/ Heiskanen

+

Makar/ Mittelstadt 

This would immensely improve our prospect pool and give us somewhat of a replacement for Tanev if one of Chatfield or Holm cannot by the beginning of camp. Then at 55 you can shoot for the stars with a Lodnia or Popugaev. 

Does Dallas still have their 2nd? What about Tanev + both 2nds for 3rd OA and Dallas' 2nd rounder?

This reminds me of the show "The Shark Tank" and the promotor gets what he wants and tries to squeeze just a little bit more out of the Sharks.........

The Sharks then say.....we are out of here...." You should have taken the deal offered"

If we have the 3rd OA, The 5th OA, the 66th OA and 2 - 4ths............we should be happy! Very Happy!

That and a free ride to a top 5 pick OA in 2018.......... 

18 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

This reminds me of the show "The Shark Tank" and the promotor gets what he wants and tries to squeeze just a little bit more out of the Sharks.........

The Sharks then say.....we are out of here...." You should have taken the deal offered"

If we have the 3rd OA, The 5th OA, the 66th OA and 2 - 4ths............we should be happy! Very Happy!

That and a free ride to a top 5 pick OA in 2018.......... 

This should be CDC mantra. Tanev is very good and all but we are bottom feeders for at least two more years. Might as well get some amazing young pieces while we can. Preferably before ED so we can keep Sbisa. 

On 6/4/2017 at 6:22 PM, Odd. said:

Fits Benning's criteria of players he's looking for: playmaking centerman. The biggest question is will he be able to adapt to NA ice. He's struggled on it especially during the World Juniors.

I do think he has the highest upside out of anyone in the top 10. Could be a Niklas Backstrom type player.

If he comes anywhere near Backstrom that would be the perfect 1C for our snipers

33 minutes ago, 19naslund19 said:

As Dallas has two 1st rounders what about....

To Dallas:

Tanev, 33rd OA and 55th OA

To Vancouver:

3 OA and 29th OA

We'd have 3 first rounders! But we'd have to add another player to even it up

4 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'd be willing to do something along the lines of

To Van

3rd overall

Niemi

6th/7th depth dman

To Dallas

Tanev

Columbus 2nd

I'd want a depth D coming back for taking a cap dump AND giving them a 2nd.

56 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

If we're giving up two 2nd's then we have have to get Honka coming back. 

Honka 

+

Vilardi/ Heiskanen

+

Makar/ Mittelstadt 

This would immensely improve our prospect pool and give us somewhat of a replacement for Tanev if one of Chatfield or Holm cannot by the beginning of camp. Then at 55 you can shoot for the stars with a Lodnia or Popugaev. 

Not going to get Honka. Johns on the other hand...

Tanev + CBJ 2nd for Lehtonen, 3rd OA and Johns.

Edler, Stecher

Hutton, Gudbranson

Holm, Johns

Pedan, McEneny, Biega etc

Are you kidding, if Dallas wants Tanev plus the two 2nd round picks, take it and run, we could get something like Vilardi and Makar in return, who cares about those 2nd round picks if we have those 2 in our prospect pool.  Can you imagine Makar on our back end with Juolevi?  This team has never had someone on the back end with offensive potential like Makar.

7 hours ago, Honky Cat said:

Thats an understatement...Tryamkins gone,Sbisa will most likely get claimed by LV....If you take Tanev out as well,there's a legit cause for grave concern on the Canucks back end.

Yes absolutely agree it will be a problem, but he's missed progressively more games each season as his career goes on. He puts himself out there and as a result his body is starting to break down and he is becoming injury prone. We will absolutely miss his presence, but he can get us some good assets for the future that I don't think he himself would be able to contribute much to as a player.

1 hour ago, Honky Cat said:

It would be a trade that both fanbases wouldn't like ...We overpaid with picks....Dallas gives up 3OA,and does not get a 'shiny new toy'.....Both teams urgent needs would be fulfilled..

I still don't think that Dallas will give up the 3OA though...

That pretty much means it's realistic then.

Both teams have multiple picks in the 29-70 range, so there is a lot of room for juggling to "even things out".

Van:   33rd, 55th, 64th

Dal:    29th, 39th, 70th

When looking at the base trade of Tanev for Dallas's 3rd Overall pick, its relatively easy to adjust the value depending on which picks are added.

33rd for 29th if Van needs a bit more value.   33rd for 39th if Dallas needs a bit more value. 55th for 70th, 64th for 70th, 55th for 39th and so on.

Adding a cap dump goalie and/or a depth D coming back to Van, can also help adjust the value and/or the desired picks going each way.

Lot and lots of combinations, so really, they SHOULD be able to work something out that both teams can live with.

13 hours ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Don't underestimate Neilson or Dermott. Both had amazing rookie seasons for Marlies. We have enough Kapanens in Dahlin, Baertschi,  Goldobin, Boeser. Sure I would be happy to have him but a couple of developed D prospects would be better

Best ever!

Dahlin on the Vancouver Canucks roster.

I love it.

Hope dream comes true and Canucks land Dahlin at the NHL draft 2018. :P

19 hours ago, smithers joe said:

the worst part in all of this is, if benning doesn't make any of the deals, some fans seem to be hoping for, they will be putting benning down as a poor GM. 

We still have posters who are criticizing Benning after he only gave a 2nd for Baertschi, Eddie Lack for Brisebois, Shinkaruk for Granlund, Mccann + 2nd + 4th for Gudbranson + 5th, Hansen for Goldobin + a 4th and Burrows for Dahlen. Some will never be satisfied no matter what he does, but imo if we didn't have Benning we'd be 2-3 years behind where we're at in the rebuilding process right now. Thank god he knows what he's doing.

13 hours ago, Honky Cat said:

Thats an understatement...Tryamkins gone,Sbisa will most likely get claimed by LV....If you take Tanev out as well,there's a legit cause for grave concern on the Canucks back end.

If Tanev is traded we don't lose Sbisa.

Archived