The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks being approached about Tanev

42 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

Thats an understatement...Tryamkins gone,Sbisa will most likely get claimed by LV....If you take Tanev out as well,there's a legit cause for grave concern on the Canucks back end.

I agree.

But we would have an extra expansion slot for Sbisa, if we traded Tanev before the expansion draft.  I still agree.

(I believe Biega has enough games to qualify as our D expansion requirement?)

Someone else, I think it was The Minister, speculated that once the expansion draft had passed, along with any related shuffling by other teams, that there would probably a more stable opportunity to sell Tanev for value.  NYI will be trying to sell one, maybe two of De Haan, Hamonic & Pullock before the draft. Anaheim Vatanen. CBJ Ryan Murray. Florida Petrovic or Demers. But rather than compete to sell our D in a buyers market? There will be one or more teams who have lost a D, or several, back in the market. 

Washington for example may have lost Shattenkirk & Alzner to free agency,  plus Orpik (I would expose him) or Schmidt to Vegas. 

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Stop...please...

As for 1st overall picks busting being rare.

Hall

RNH

Yakupov

For their draft positions....they're incredible disappointments 

Hall is a top 5-10 LW in the league when healthy. He's far from a disappointment.

PunjabiCanuck posted that according to TSN it is rumoured that Dallas wants Tanev and both 2nd rounders for the 3rd OA

I'd say Tanev plus a 2nd round pick and  a prospect  (Goldy/Subban/Boucher), for Dallas' 3rd OA pick.

After expansion, if CBJ lost Murray, might make a great potential partner?

I'll let someone else speculate if Tanev could command Pierre Luc Dubois.  William Karlsson could be an ideal long term 3C / 4C + Sonny Milano is a 6'2'' NHL ready strong talent with speed??

Center depth; Horvat, Petterson, Gaudette, Karlsson, with Sutter & Hank to usher them in.

LW depth Milano, Dahlen, Jake, Baertschi with Granlund also avail as multi C/LW and Danny to usher them in.

7 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

PunjabiCanuck posted that according to TSN it is rumoured that Dallas wants Tanev and both 2nd rounders for the 3rd OA

I'd say Tanev plus a 2nd round pick and  a prospect for Dallas' 3rd OA pick.

Then Dallas can get bent.

9 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I'm pretty sure we can keep our 2nd and get that deal done.

Even more sure we can keep both by eating a contract

1 hour ago, nowhereman said:

Johansen? Tarasenko? Kuznetsov? 

Seguin 427 pts

Hall 381 pts

Johansen 288 pts

Tarasenko 284 pts

Kuznetsov 182 pts

This despite hall having a couple injury plagued seasons and one in NJ as the one man show.

14 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I'd say Tanev plus a 2nd round pick and  a prospect  (Goldy/Subban/Boucher), for Dallas' 3rd OA pick.

Tanev and CBJ 2nd?....sure. Both...nope.

Still rather move him to ARZ.

8 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I don't understand how magic beans, especially in a mediocre draft, get valued so highly.  The player taken 3OA may not even turn out as to be as good as Tanev. 

No way is Benning trading his best defenseman PLUS other picks let alone PLUS a prospect for a one-shot gamble, and no way is Dallas getting anything close to that value for that pick.  They already said what they want for it -- an established top-6 forward or a top-4 dman.  Tanev for the pick straight-up is as good as it gets, and JB likely won't even take that.

Trading Tanev just to move up 4 spots in the draft is perhaps even more loopy, considering the 5OA could also better the 1OA in the future.

14 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Then Dallas can get bent.

I dunno... 2nd rounders have a 44% chance of playing 50 to 100 games, a 3rd oa over 80%. Plus the way the lotto works we may never get to pick 3rd again, ever. 

You have to overpay to get a team to give up a 1st. No crap contract back, no known prospects lost, free Torts pick..... picking 3rd and 5th this year would be a huge step forward with a much higher chance of success than keeping the 33rd or 55th. And thats for a D thats actually never played a full season. Honestly I'd be just fine with this. 

Just now, S'all Good Man said:

I dunno... 2nd rounders have a 44% chance of playing 50 to 100 games, a 3rd oa over 80%. Plus the way the lotto works we may never get to pick 3rd again, ever. 

You have to overpay to get a team to give up a 1st. No crap contract back, no known prospects lost, free Torts pick..... picking 3rd and 5th this year would be a huge step forward with a much higher chance of success than keeping the 33rd or 55th.  

They can still get bent.

20 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Dallas needs Tanev more than we need the Dallas 3rd overall. If that's the best offer out of Dallas, then I don't think they will be getting Tanev.

I'm not overvaluing Tanev, I'm being realistic about the going price for solid D in this league. 

Personally, I would not do Tanev straight up for the 3rd, there's too much question about how anything after the first 2, project for their careers.

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

And a +1 to as well!

The chances of either 2nd rounder ever having the ceiling of Vilardi or Heiskanen is pretty low. Not to mention we still get to pick Glass, Makar or Tippett at 5th. Isn't that worth it?

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

The chances of either 2nd rounder ever having the ceiling of Vilardi or Heiskanen is pretty low. Not to mention we still get to pick Glass, Makar or Tippett at 5th. Isn't that worth it?

Yeah but Gaglardi and Nil want to grind the Aquilinis and Benning down. Chris Tanev and the Columbus 2nd should suffice.

And Shea Weber and Duncan Keith were second rounders who weren't anything special in the drafts they were acquired in.....

13 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Tanev and CBJ 2nd?....sure. Both...nope.

Still rather move him to ARZ.

I'm in the minority...I would do Tanev and two 2nd's for the 3OA...It would clearly be a benchmark for an accelerated rebuild.....It's a gamble,I admit..but it's quality over quantity.

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Yeah but Gaglardi and Nil want to grind the Aquilinis and Benning down. Chris Tanev and the Columbus 2nd should suffice.

Sure, but its not the worst trade I've ever seen... I like Tanev but his career high is 70 games.... 4 year avg is 64 games 

If this is real and it happened I think you could learn to live with it. 

Archived