The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks being approached about Tanev

3 hours ago, ice orca said:

TSN reported a lot of teams are very interested in Vatenen, i wonder if that will affect the price on Tanev?

6 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Difference being that we don't have to move Tanev. ANA needs to move a D. They'll likely get less than Vatanan's worth and we might get more than Tanev is.

Would not be shocked if the values are pretty darn close.

Agreed on the urgency of ANA. 

Depends on team need. one team could value Tanev more than Vatanan, vise versa. 

With no urgency to get a deal done, JB will get more out of Tanev than ANA gets out of Vantanan. 

1 hour ago, cuporbust said:

We were a 100 point team for the better part of a decade. 8 full seasons over a 100 points actually. We had a long run.  Not sure what u mean by a quick derail man. 

*sigh*

Allow me to clarify my statement.

How long after  Bertizzi went nuts did the team hit the gutter?  

How did Kesler's choice to check out, demand a trade and restrict that trade to the Hawks or Ducks impact the team?

Bothe these choices quickly derailed the team.   In Bertuzzi's case a good team went in the crapper.   In Kesler's case a team that had given him his start and made him a star was handicapped and could not get anywhere near fair market value when they needed it most. 

A team need to be good in the first place to be taken off track.   

That clear things up for ya?

On 6/8/2017 at 0:30 AM, Wolfgang Durst said:

Well said, very well said. It's all about timing. If Dallas get no offers from other teams before draft day for their #3rd overall and with offers I mean a Top-4 D-Man the Canucks would hold a very very strong position. If this scenario would  become reality  that  would be pure luck for the Canucks. Dallas  need a  shutdown D-Man like Tanev with three year more on a very favourable contract desperately. Word is that JB hasn't talked to Dallas, yet. He is pretty clever waiting for the right time. Well done JB, so far...!

Another GM gets the pick = GMJB schooled by a smarter pure-skilled GM

Listen to banter around the team's wanting D.  Some do not want or need a Vatanen type but rather a solid shutdown guy.  So in some ways there isn't a direct asset competition.

Kuzma on 1040 today stating that he does not think that JB will trade Tanev at the draft...So a bit of a back-pedal there from him (after he quoted his sources in Dallas earlier last week) ...I would like to see Tanev traded for the 3OA,but realistically..I don't see it happening.

1 hour ago, Honky Cat said:

Kuzma on 1040 today stating that he does not think that JB will trade Tanev at the draft...So a bit of a back-pedal there from him (after he quoted his sources in Dallas earlier last week) ...I would like to see Tanev traded for the 3OA,but realistically..I don't see it happening.

Maybe if DAL will sweeten the pot....

8 hours ago, Screw said:

*sigh*

Allow me to clarify my statement.

How long after  Bertizzi went nuts did the team hit the gutter?  

How did Kesler's choice to check out, demand a trade and restrict that trade to the Hawks or Ducks impact the team?

Bothe these choices quickly derailed the team.   In Bertuzzi's case a good team went in the crapper.   In Kesler's case a team that had given him his start and made him a star was handicapped and could not get anywhere near fair market value when they needed it most. 

A team need to be good in the first place to be taken off track.   

That clear things up for ya?

Bertuzzi netted us Luongo,  who immediately turned us into a playoff team. The year Kesler was traded, we made the playoffs with 101 points. So that's not really derailing. We are currently derailing due to a combination of: injuries to top 4 d, the sedin decline in the last 2 years, the growing pains of young players (Horvat, Baertschi, Virtanen, Mccann, Hutton, Tryamkin, Gaunce etc...), the lack of depth we have in nhl ready prospects (thank you gills), and the complete bust that eriksson was this year. 

So Kuzma goes on the radio and says he thinks the Canucks are likely not to deal Tanev...  and everyone starts backing off the hype train.  Hes also the same guy to basically begin the hot rumour.

Kuzma is fairly close with Linden FWIW. If I was trying to negotiate a deal, Id probably ask the media Im close with to name drop and back off to help potentially drive up an asking price.

Not sayin thats whats happening, but I still think Tanev is VERY much in play, and that there are other deals on the burner as well.  

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-might-waive-no-move-clause-ahead-expansion-draft/

Watch New Jersey in the lead-up to the draft. There is a growing suspicion the Devils feel their greatest need is on the blue line, and there are some good ones they like (Miro Heiskanen? Cale Makar?). Anyway, would GM Ray Shero take one of them at the top, or would he move down just a little bit, adding something else, if he knew he could still get what he wanted? Vancouver could use a centre, for example. The compensatory pick from Columbus for hiring John Tortorella (55th overall) is something they dangled to see if it could help them move, but so far, no dice.

On 6/9/2017 at 10:44 AM, TheHockeyNerds said:

Vancouver is probably looks at something close to a hall return for Tanev! Obviously won't get a player of the caliber but there asking price will be about in that range 

Couldn't agree more. We don't have to trade Tanev. Only trade him if a team pays up. Tanev is an essential piece to our rebuild. Only trade him to Dallas if the deal is:

To Vancouver 3rd overall pick, Honka, Nishuskin, one of their overpriced G (salary dump to help them with their cap)
To Dallas Tanev &  2nd round pick from Jackets

Flip the 3rd for 2 later high enough picks in the first round. with the 3 picks plus our 2nd round pick draft Glass, Patersson, Liljegren, Klim Kostin. 
Offseason done:

Vancouver off season additions :  

Cody Glass (Big pass first Center that can grind) 

Elias Pattersson (Creative, skilled C)

Tim Liljegren (Offensive Dman)

Julius Honka (Two way D)

Klim Kostin (Size and skill)

Valeri Nishuskin (Power forward)

Rebuild fast forwarded. One can dream

19 minutes ago, Nucktika said:

Couldn't agree more. We don't have to trade Tanev. Only trade him if a team pays up. Tanev is an essential piece to our rebuild. Only trade him to Dallas if the deal is:

To Vancouver 3rd overall pick, Honka, Nishuskin, one of their overpriced G (salary dump to help them with their cap)

Flip the 3rd for 2 later high enough picks in the first round. with the 3 picks plus our 2nd round pick draft Glass, Patersson, Liljegren, Klim Kostin. 
Offseason done:

Julius Honka (Two way D)

I haven't posted in a long time, but this drew me in. My lord, those must be some good bath salts lol

3 hours ago, Nucktika said:

Offseason done:

Julius Honka (Two way D)

Do any teams own two later high enough picks in the first round that we could flip the 3rd pick too? I am too lazy to look it up, but if there aren't, we can't split the 3rd pick in half, how would you manage to pull that off?

3 hours ago, Nucktika said:

Offseason done:

Julius Honka (Two way D)

Why dont we ask them to toss in Benn and Seguin as wel lol.  This is why people often laugh at our message boards...such unrealistic/lopsided proposals. 

Dont get me wrong i would love to see that deal go down but JB would have to offer up his left nut ++ to make that deal work!  

Pretty sure they are very high on Honka.  Nichuskin could be a beast IF he comes back to NHL so cant see them moving both those guys plus #3.

I would be stoked if we can obtain the 3rd overall pick.  We really need some sort of excitement surrounding this team and 2 top 5 picks in the draft would be dooope!

Come on JB lets make Vancouver great again!

Archived