The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Kruger traded to Vegas

1 minute ago, alfstonker said:

You mean like Dorsett.

You are one of those who obviously underestimate him.

not at all, I believe Dorsett to be a valuable bottom six player when healthy for sure. Kruger doesn't carry that physical element nor does he fight, but he is a more offense first player and more reliable defensively. Take into account he is a few years younger and I feel he is the better player. Not underestimating Dorsett, merely suggesting Kruger is better.

7 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

not at all, I believe Dorsett to be a valuable bottom six player when healthy for sure. Kruger doesn't carry that physical element nor does he fight, but he is a more offense first player and more reliable defensively. Take into account he is a few years younger and I feel he is the better player. Not underestimating Dorsett, merely suggesting Kruger is better.

Past 3 seasons...

Kruger .198ppg (192 games 38 points)

Dorsett .274ppg (164 games 45 points)

If thats offense first I'd hate to see him as a defense first player. 

If Dorsett is exposed in the entry draft, I could see him being picked up.  His contact isn't great but as has been mentioned, he's still a decent 4th liner when healthy.  The Knights should be able to absorb his salary right now too (and might need to have a few overpaid played to reach the floor anyway).

I imagine Dorsett has a better reputation in the league as a 4th liner than Sbisa does as a top 4 dman.

19 hours ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

If Dorsett is exposed in the entry draft, I could see him being picked up.  His contact isn't great but as has been mentioned, he's still a decent 4th liner when healthy.  The Knights should be able to absorb his salary right now too (and might need to have a few overpaid played to reach the floor anyway).

I imagine Dorsett has a better reputation in the league as a 4th liner than Sbisa does as a top 4 dman.

When Vegas looks at Vancouvers list Dorsett would garner interest IMO. It all depends who they have picked from other teams. Dorsett is a fast physical player and that might appeal to Vegas. Realistically his career has peaked and there is no long term contract to deal with.  

Archived