The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Wow, that is an impressive highlight package.  I hope the hype for him does not get carried away......he is still a year or 2 away from being ready.  I would be very interested to see who Benning would have taken if he had a top 4 pick?  I'll  bet he would have had Hirchier, then Pettersson.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BCNate said:

Wow, that is an impressive highlight package.  I hope the hype for him does not get carried away......he is still a year or 2 away from being ready.  I would be very interested to see who Benning would have taken if he had a top 4 pick?  I'll  bet he would have had Hirchier, then Pettersson.

Disagree completely, and this is without today's game, I see him on the opening roster next season easily. Kid is way too good.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Bigturk8 said:

"I hope the Canucks get the 1st overall pick so Elias can never do that to me again."

- Rasmus Dahlin, Probably

"The Vancouver Canucks select with 1st overall pick, Andrei Svechnikov from Barrie Colts."

Rasmus Dahlin: "Doh!"

1 minute ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, if he manages to maintain anything close to this kind of scoring pace over the remainder of the SHL season, it's probably fair to pencil him in as a lock for the 2018-19 Canucks lineup (and that's regardless of where he's at with his weight and strength training). 

Shaping up to be a fun camp next year.

Even more so if Gaudette also goes pro next year. I loved how Adam made the summer prospects game seem like a competition between himself and Pettersson and how he basically called out Elias and said he's coming for his spot. I don't believe Gaudette necessarily has the elite level offensive talent to truly compete with Pettersson for a front end scoring role, but it'd sure be fun if those two (and maybe Dahlén) can push each other to even greater heights during their NHL rookie seasons.

Yeah next season will be fun to see how many kids make the team. I feel Gaudette might turn pro and play a few games at the end of this season.

28 minutes ago, BCNate said:

What a boring dad post. Don't suck the fun man!

Hat trick and 5 points for Elias tonight in the top Swedish league. He went 8 games without a goal so keep it real.

torsdag 26 Oktober
120.png
Hemma
Växjö
7 - 3
Slut
P1 P2 P3
Växjö 1 2 4
Frölunda 1 2 0
120.png

Period 1
Tid Mål Lag Målskytt
03:57 1-0 VLH 40 Elias Pettersson Assist: (utan assist)
14:09 1-1 FHC 27 Ponthus Westerholm Assist: 61 L Andersson, 15 M Donovan
Period 2
Tid Mål Lag Målskytt
02:05 1-2 FHC 11 Victor Olofsson Assist: 81 R Lasch, 12 M Friberg
10:12 2-2 VLH 87 Robert Rosén Assist: 40 E Pettersson, 94 J Persson
16:41 3-2 VLH 40 Elias Pettersson Assist: 94 J Persson, 87 R Rosén
17:46 3-3 FHC 3 Carl Grundström Assist: 81 R Lasch
Period 3
Tid Mål Lag Målskytt
03:05 4-3 VLH 40 Elias Pettersson Assist: (utan assist)
12:08 5-3 VLH 77 Pontus Netterberg Assist: 3 O Bohm
12:54 6-3 VLH 87 Robert Rosén Assist: 40 E Pettersson, 19 T Kiiskinen
18:43 7-3 VLH 85 Liam Reddox Assist: 67 L Fröberg, 88 A Brodecki

• Upvote 1

EP likely had the highest ceiling in the draft and whether he fulfills that potential is just a matter of wait see.   I was optimistic he would be good but even in my most optimistic moments did I think he would be this good this fast.   The Canucks may have the most gifted offensive player in their system since Bure and someone who has the potential to exceed a point per game in today's NHL.   

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

What a boring dad post. Don't suck the fun man!

Ha!  Sorry, not trying to be the buzz kill.  I expect that we will see Gaudette and Goldobin in Van next year and Pettersson, Joulevi the following year.  Hopefully they are so good this year that they prove me wrong!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Had we not finished 2nd worst we'd not have been able to draft him with the 5th overall. 

Did you remember he had a deal with buffalo to trade back to the 8th pick but nixed it on the draft floor when NYR got the 7th pick. JB see him still available at 8th so we still had a good chance of drafting him outside of the top 5.

2 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Did you remember he had a deal with buffalo to trade back to the 8th pick but nixed it on the draft floor when NYR got the 7th pick. JB see him still available at 8th so we still had a good chance of drafting him outside of the top 5.

Yep and I also remember JB saying we'd possibly trade down if we won the lottery, but the point remain.  We finished 29th overall and ended reaping the benefits because of it.