The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Latecomers are welcome. Although the seats are quickly filling up.

I suppose?

1 hour ago, JamesBlondage said:

See Adam French (hockeybuzz blogger) has jumped on the Pettersson hype train...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Adam-French/Best-Player-Outside-The-NHL/155/89470

I have a bit of disdain for this article. Not his take on Petterson.  The source?

''I waited to write this because I hadn’t actually caught him in a game yet. I don’t watch a lot of the Elitserien as the time differential is difficult to manage these days. I did however get to see his amazing performance yesterday against Farjestad.''

This dipwhit readily admits he had never watched a single game of his?  Then watches a single game so he could feel the credibility / entitlement to write an article. :lol:

#HOCKEYBUZZOFFASBLOG SITE

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

I can say I'm not totally fine that we got screwed in the lottery last year with how great Petterson looks. I can't imagine that the players ahead of him were all that better and really happy that we ended up with him over Makar or Heiskenan.

Still sour we didn't end up with Laine or Matthews the year before though!

This year it looks like we will come out of the draft with a great player anywhere in the top 10 as well so it's nice seeing us winning hockey games rather than full tank. Hopefully our luck continues and we end up jumping the lottery like philly last year and still have an enjoyable season.

• Cheers 2

45 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Meet me in the drinking car. I’m flush and the beers are on me. :) 

What about for people who are adversely affected by alcohol, & start acting like an un-jungled primate(asking for a friend:^)?

They should add an option where you can give someone a Tim's coffee & fritter..or perhaps just a drink/timbit if their insights are well-intentioned, but not really convincing?

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Feeling a bit of the holiday cheer (or maybe it’s just the magic of the Pettersson thread) and decided to buy everyone a round.

Beers for everyone! :) 

Also, I’m curious if the hydration rep button is infinite because I’ve hit 15 pages already and still haven’t run out of beers.

Was wondering what all the delayed notifications were for :lol:

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

What about for people who are adversely affected by alcohol, & start acting like an un-jungled primate(asking for a friend:^)?

They should add an option where you can give someone a Tim's coffee & fritter..or perhaps just a drink/timbit if their insights are well-intentioned, but not really convincing?

Just gave you a near beer. For your friend, of course. ;) 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

18 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Can't we have good coffee instead? Some Cafe Artigiano/Delany's/JJ Bean?

• Cheers 1

So honest question, EP is tearing up the SHL at near 1.5ppg vs men, I am impressed and I want to see him here next season.

This upcoming WJC EP will be playing against "kids" per say, what should his realistic totals be, 2 ppg minimum? higher, could he set the WJC pt total record for a single tournament?

All Time WJC scoring list below:

http://www.quanthockey.com/wjc-u20/en/records/most-points-in-one-season-by-wjc-u20-players.html

Edited by Yotes
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Yotes said:

So honest question, EP is tearing up the SHL at near 1.5ppg vs men, I am impressed and I want to see him here next season.

This upcoming WJC EP will be playing against "kids" per say, what should his realistic totals be, 2 ppg minimum? higher, could he set the WJC pt total record for a single tournament?

he would need to score 32 points to beat that record.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Yotes said:

Yup i just posted a link to the list. 20ish points though maybe?

honestly it all depends on how bad certain teams are Japan was in it the year Forsberg set the record and he got 10 points against them. I think 20 points is pretty crazy with how good teams are now even the worst teams will only let in 10 goals max.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1