The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

22 hours ago, cyoung said:

You are delusional about Rodin. 

Don't know if he's delusional about Rodin. IMO there's an NHL player in there if he didn't have such awful, recurring, bad injury luck.

The situation/relationship with the Canucks though, yup, delusional :lol:

16 minutes ago, RJ Fletcher said:

Hey guys, hard to tell listening to the announcers, but is Dahlin playing? More importantly, is anyone else playing?

I also enjoyed the clip they showed praising Liljegren for his pinch, ignoring the fact the it resulted in an odd man rush. Hah. 

Dahlin assisted on Pettersson's goal. If you mean Dahlen he is too old now for the tournament.....

30 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Don't know if he's delusional about Rodin. IMO there's an NHL player in there if he didn't have such awful, recurring, bad injury luck.

The situation/relationship with the Canucks though, yup, delusional :lol:

...I have said just about all I want to say on Rodin but if anybody thinks Gagme outplayed Rodin....they are nuts....JB signed Gagme for 3 years...he had to play him so he tossede the dice on Rodin and sent him down and Cull played his guys and left the him on the bench due the veteran rule ...give me a break.....

...if that is delusional...then I also must have been delusional argueing with people about how good Horvat was going to be or Boeser or Stecher (who has way more up his sleeve)...

....just watch Rodin come back to bite our collective asses...that is illusional....

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Daniel is not a top winger now, but even back when he was, he was never known to be great in his own end. His forte was keeping the puck in the offensive zone and now that part of his game is no longer dominant, the defensive side stands out even more in a bad way.

There is going to be a matter of opinion on what a top 2 dman is and it'll depend on their respective teams on how they're deployed. Tanev (and another example like Methot with Karlsson), imo, are not top 2 dman even though they may be played in that way. They compliment top defenders that more well rounded, but they were not brought into the team with the expectation of being a top 2 dman. I view a top 2 dman being not quite as elite as a Karlsson or Burns, but someone that can step up into that type of role when called upon like Subban. Subban has his gaffes when trying to make his rushes, but he plays big minutes on the penalty kill and that speaks volumes about his defensive play. It's a matter of opinion on how "outstanding" he is defensively, but he can for sure handle himself amongst the best. If you simply want to look at playing time, Subban is arguably the #3 dman for Nashville behind Ekholm and Josi, but clearly he's viewed as a top 2 dman in the league.

Having more forwards in the league is definitely the reason why having quality dmen is more important. With more forwards, there are more roles for players to fill out, which is why it's manageable for a winger to focus more on one part of their game when there are others to handle other duties. As a defender, you are more likely to come across all situations and it is absolutely necessary when you are a top 2 defender. You could face the top forwards or even some bruisers looking to weaken your game over time. A top winger is mostly concerned with facing those top 2 defenders.

To me, Subban is a #1 D no question about it. I'd put guys like Vlasic, Hamhuis (in his Vancouver days), Seabrook, Tanev etc in the top 2 D men category.

I think Pettersson has looked as good as he possibly could considering how off his linemmates look and the ice time he's getting.

Besides the snipe could have easily had a couple assists if teammates capitalized also had a very good shot block led to the 1 Sweden goal and before another goal took a pass off shinpads back onto his tape and made some nifty plays under pressure to keep pucks in that lead to another shortly after.

Obviously very impressive seeing Pettersson make the big plays but just as important also doing all the little things right which is the recipe for successful winning hockey!

We've got a real winner here!

Edited by The Big Luongo
  • Like 1

EP has looked "Dominant"  to me...although due to the feed I missed quite a bit ...but everytime he has the puck he is dominant with it and makes the right play....

One play EP spotted a guy about to steal the puck...he skated from his right side spot on the offense all the way to the left side boards...arriving just after the guy stole the puck from a Swede and EP stole the puck back and made a niffty play to keep in the zone...a dominant play.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

EP has looked "Dominant"  to me...although due to the feed I missed quite a bit ...but everytime he has the puck he is dominant with it and makes the right play....

One play EP spotted a guy about to steal the puck...he skated from his right side spot on the offense all the way to the left side boards...arriving just after the guy stole the puck from a Swede and EP stole the puck back and made a niffty play to keep in the zone...a dominant play.

Yep, Just drew a penalty with his great puck possession.

He is so smooth with his play and he really liked to look to use his teammates.

** Edit **

Just got the second assist on the PP

Edited by R35Godz1lla