The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, R35Godz1lla said:

Man does Pettersson slow the game down once the puck hits his stick.

I also feel as though being used as the high man on the right point almost under utilizes his skill.

But then I have not watched his SHL games so maybe that is how he is utilized there as well.

EP plays the right sidewall on the Swede PP...it is more of 1-3-1 PP with a single point man...but of course he roams up and down the side wall....

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Don't know if he's delusional about Rodin. IMO there's an NHL player in there if he didn't have such awful, recurring, bad injury luck.

The situation/relationship with the Canucks though, yup, delusional :lol:

In the games that he did play, he lacked the confidence. He has the skill set but I rarely saw him actually use what he's got. It wasn't working out, he had bad luck and on top of that didn't take advantage of the times that he could show that he could play at that level. It's unfortunate. 

1 minute ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

EP plays the right sidewall on the Swede PP...it is more of 1-3-1 PP with a single point man...but of course he roams up and down the side wall....

Fair enough. Just seems like the directive is take a slot shot or move the puck to the left side high wall for Nylander.

Could just be how this game went but that seemed to be the way it was drawn up in practice lol.

2 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

Though Lilgiren is a Leafs prospect though... 

They tried their a$$ off to sell Liljegren after the draft but they failed. Watching this game tells me why they failed. Liljegren does not possess high hockey IQ to become a top 2 defender. His physical tools look pretty good but not elite enough to cover up for it. A (very) poor man's Jake Virtanen is the impression that I get from him. I think Liljegren is going to take quite a lot of time before he can become a top 4 defender, if ever. Just like how it's been 3 years for Jake and we are hopeful but still unsure if he will become a PF that we hoped he would become.

On EP, it looks like he possesses the precision and accuracy in his playmaking to run an NHL PP right now. 5-on-5 play, he reminded me a bit of Patrick Kane, minus the dynamic skating. His puck handling, playmaking (vision + passing), and how he backs off the defenders reminded me of Kane. The players driving the net, creating seams for EP to make passes was akin to Kane. Of course, this was against Belarus. I hope he can replicate this performance against the powerhouses.

Another player that I noticed was Dahlin. I think he can potentially overcome Erik Karlsson as the best Swedish defenceman. At the least, he will be among the top 3 Swedish defencemen with Karlsson and Hedman very soon.  It seems like he has the ability to do almost everything that Karlsson does plus, he is physical and defends better.

• Upvote 2