The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

I see a lot of back and forth, arguments for whether or not Pettersson should be on the team next year or not.

I believe that he has nothing left to prove in the SHL and that there's no benefit in leaving him there another year. That does not mean that he's completely NHL ready.

I think simplest solution is, sign him to an ELC, bring him to camp and if he's ready for the NHL, he's going to show it. If he's getting knocked off the puck too much and struggling, spending time in Utica, isn't the end of the world. Let him dominate there for awhile and then bring him in. He's dripping talent, let's not pull an Edmonton and rush him, we'll know based on his play that he's ready to be in the NHL.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

What A Shot!   Kid may need some weight but can this kid ever shoot the puck.  Nice goal.

This kid will be even better than Hank was on the half-wall.  He can really shoot the puck!

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

Out of the players JB took last year, 5 or 6 have a decent chances to become NHL players.  Has anyone ever seen that high of a percentage actually becoming players in the NHL?

Since the 2000 draft I think our Canucks have only drafted 17 players with 100+ games on their resume. Our 04 draft class has the highest percentage that have played over a 100 games. (Schneider, Edler, Brown and Hansen) I know JB hgad some solid picks last summer but let's give it another year or four before we call that draft a success. 

14 minutes ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

Was this on tv?  I saw the Team Canada game but not this one, I checked all TSN channels too

Lots of TV cameras there including Canadian TV stations so not sure where they were hiding it in your 3989 channel package but should have been somewhere.