The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

8 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Wayne Gretzky on Elias Pettersson:

“To see this young man come in and excite the crowd and put on a show every night is nothing but a positive for our game. I have had a chance to see him a few times and he is so fun to watch and plays with so much passion.”

“Comparisons are what sports are all about. From my point of view he has a lot of my similarities. His hockey sense and play making abilities are as good as any one right now.”

”He is so smart and knows where to put himself on the ice. The smarts are just so developed already. People in Vancouver have to be excited because there is a strong core of younger guys and good things are coming to that city.”

“It is different today. Now days if you took 10 kids to a pond they would wait for someone to tell them what to do. That is where sports are going, everything is designed for a purpose. Saying that, the game is way better today.”

Unreal praise.  This is one of the highest I’ve seen of his comments in regards to a player.  Heck even mcdavid, Matthews or Mack didn’t get this praise from the great one,  the only other hype was the great one saying Crosby will break some of his records.

On 2018-11-10 at 8:26 PM, smokes said:

I'm starting to get worried about EP. Is it not playing with Brock? Does he have an injury?

Your foresight makes me think you are in a pitch black room and are afraid of the dark. Find a light switch, turn it on, and stop crying chicken little over 2 games. I'm trying to save you from your own ulcers here. There's no reason to panic. Really. :)

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

PETEY.gif

If that trip doesn't happen, EP scores the OT game winner and probably wraps up the NHL's "goal of the year" honours for 2018-19.

Instead, we're talking about 1 assist in two games.

Holy cow...I missed that game. How did I miss this play. That is Bure-esque.

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

PETEY.gif

If that trip doesn't happen, EP scores the OT game winner and probably wraps up the NHL's "goal of the year" honours for 2018-19.

Our 140lb Elias would have beat 4 players at the same time to score  ;)

• Haha 1

On 11/10/2018 at 8:26 PM, smokes said:

I'm starting to get worried about EP. Is it not playing with Brock? Does he have an injury?

LOL.   I take it you are posting in jest but some may take it seriously.    Thought he played really well past two games and things didn't bounce his way.   That is hockey.

McDavid didn't register a point yesterday and only one assist in past two games.   Gaudreau has gone three without any points.    Is it their linemates (far better than what EP40 has had, just sayin') or are they injured?    Can go on about any number of the game's superstars so the fact a raw rookie who hasn't played 20 games in NHL yet can have a few games without getting bushels of points - it's due to the fact he plays hockey and that is how hockey works.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Wayne Gretzky on Elias Pettersson:

“To see this young man come in and excite the crowd and put on a show every night is nothing but a positive for our game. I have had a chance to see him a few times and he is so fun to watch and plays with so much passion.”

“Comparisons are what sports are all about. From my point of view he has a lot of my similarities. His hockey sense and play making abilities are as good as any one right now.”

”He is so smart and knows where to put himself on the ice. The smarts are just so developed already. People in Vancouver have to be excited because there is a strong core of younger guys and good things are coming to that city.”

“It is different today. Now days if you took 10 kids to a pond they would wait for someone to tell them what to do. That is where sports are going, everything is designed for a purpose. Saying that, the game is way better today.”

Interesting read.   Do you have the full article?

2 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

PETEY.gif

It was just incredible to watch... Thought he had pulled it off for a split second.

Pure magic...

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

PETEY.gif

That trip stopped a sure goal. Dang.