The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

Honestly blew my mind at the draft that he dropped outta the first round. 

I know his stats were good but I don’t recall him making a lot of top 30 lists. Did Lind really fall that much? He was clearly higher on Bennings list given his comments at the draft but I thought Linds spread was 26-35 pick. A guy to fall about 5 spots isn’t too crazy at least in my mind. I’m extremely happy he did because he’s playing way above his draft position and is a great prospect to have. I’d save the mind blowns for prospects who fall around 15-20 spots like Eeli Tolvanen.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

I know his stats were good but I don’t recall him making a lot of top 30 lists. Did Lind really fall that much? He was clearly higher on Bennings list given his comments at the draft but I thought Linds spread was 26-35 pick. A guy to fall about 5 spots isn’t too crazy at least in my mind. I’m extremely happy he did because he’s playing way above his draft position and is a great prospect to have. I’d save the mind blowns for prospects who fall around 15-20 spots like Eeli Tolvanen.

Benning had his great quote "why isn't anyone taking Kole Lind".  Does anyone know which pick he said that after?  

10 minutes ago, BCNate said:

This is the Boesser pick, not Lind.  

oops I mis-read you and thought you were implying that Benning said similar things to Boeser. My guess was that Benning said "why hasn't anyone taken Kole Lind" after the first round, which is after the 31st pick.

8 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

oops I mis-read you and thought you were implying that Benning said similar things to Boeser. My guess was that Benning said "why hasn't anyone taken Kole Lind" after the first round, which is after the 31st pick.

That is kind of what I had figured.  I am just curious as to how high Benning would have had him on his list.  I'll bet he would go top 25 today based on his performance since the draft.

22 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

• THW (Pike’s Picks): 21st (final)
  • Future Considerations: 38th (final)
  • ISS: 24th (May)
  • Bob McKenzie: 33rd (Mid-season)
  • Craig Button: 54th (final)
  • The Hockey News: 27th (final)

You're right, he didn't fall very far in the rankings. I think management thought he would go in the 20s and were surprised to see him available at 33. I'm guessing our scouts had him around ISS's number.

Edited by MattJVD
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Derp... said:

Lol I remember wanting Ty Ronning so bad and was furious when the canucks selected Brett McKenzie instead of him and David Quenneville.

If we ever make a trade with NYR, Ronning has to be included. Guys a steal.