The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

On 11/26/2017 at 9:44 AM, komodo0921 said:

I stand by what I said in that situation and still think it now.

Skipping steps is always a risk and the AHL, imo, is a necessary step in providing as much gaurentee, as a manager can, that a player is ready to play in the NHL. There is a vast difference between knowing a player after 42 games in the NCAA and knowing him after 70 games in the "A".

One must also remember that we're 23 games into the season and there's a lot of hockey left to play and the intensity is going to rise as the playoffs get closer. I'm going to be very interested to see how he does after the 43 game mark, which will represent the most games he's played since his USHL days. 

At the end of the day the chance may have worked out this time but I hope they don't make a habit of bypassing critical steps in attempts to speed up the rebuild. 

What are you talking about? So Boeser who is on pace to get more than 70 points should be in AHL?? I think all players develop differently so your logic is flawed. Players like Boeser, Matthews, Laine, McDavid are not your average type of young prospects that need seasoning in AHL in order to develop because they are already dominant in the NHL level. If Boeser was sent down to AHL, I would think it would stagnate his development compared to getting 16 minutes in the NHL and learning how to adapt to NHL schedule and the NHL grind. Not every prospect is the same and not every prospect should be treated the same.

18 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

....you want Pettersson to dominate the SHL for another year...then go to the AHL....

Not a day in the AHL for Pettersson and if he is not on the team next year I would be shocked and dismayed....some players ...Brock, Bo, many others AND particulaly Elias do not need to be punished in the AHL...

Lind however will need to spend some time in the AHL....but that is a good thing in his case....

Yep, I wouldn't want to see Pettersson dominating the AHL, when he can dominate the NHL. Obviously we would see how he would do at the NHL level first but I just don't see how he would be sent down to AHL unless he really failed in transitioning his game to the NHL level. He is much more talented than Nico Hischier and he already is getting more development time at the SHL, so it would not make sense at all to sent him to the AHL next year when Hischier would be in the NHL in his D+2 year. 

4 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Yep, I wouldn't want to see Pettersson dominating the AHL, when he can dominate the NHL. Obviously we would see how he would do at the NHL level first but I just don't see how he would be sent down to AHL unless he really failed in transitioning his game to the NHL level. He is much more talented than Nico Hischier and he already is getting more development time at the SHL, so it would not make sense at all to sent him to the AHL next year when Hischier would be in the NHL in his D+2 year. 

I'd guess if he's as close as he appears, he'll simply spend a year or two on W (likely middle 6) and slowly transition to a (top 6) C role in that time.

36 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Disturbing comments about Lind's health during the broadcast last night. Whatever is bothering him is not mono or a cold. He is being taken for more testing. I thought he had a real shot at the WJC but with this problem he is likely passed on. 

Seriously what is it with our prospects and health/injury issues....

23 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

New Jersey and NIco are the references I use...NJ had (maybe still does) 7 starter's that are 21 or younger...They are doing just fine and not looking like they are going to slow down anytime soon...

Nico is the 1st line centre...I think Elias has even more talent....all EP needs to be our first line centre NEXT year is 8-10 Lbs. of muscle and the chance.

There is magic in those hands ...put him between Brock and Baer (or Jake or MacEwen or Erikkson (if I have to ...I guess...),) for 2 games and that line will be the Next big thing

Lind thread....yikes.....

7 minutes ago, richado said:

Maybe other teams are sabotaging our prospects by seducing them with mono-carrying girls?

Yea

Maybe our prospects keep screwing the same girl

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1