The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Leon Draisaitl may be traded this summer

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That's an interesting idea.  How about Tanev + + + for Draisatl?

I thought about it... but he likely is asking for north of 9 mill around 6-8 years... Seems very risky. 

I'd rather offer sheet a guy like Johansen

EDIT: guess it really depends what AAV he wants. At 9 or less, I'd trade Tanev + something(s)

Lets say bo Signs for 5 mill... tanev is around 4mill ... so are those two at 9 mill worth more or less than Leon at 9-11mill? Tough call.

On 7/2/2017 at 0:02 PM, Gollumpus said:

The Canucks offer sheet Draisaitl and get him. They lose their next 4 1st round picks (making the assumption that he gets paid a lot).

Edmonton offer sheets Horvat right back for the same amount (for the sake of argument) and get him. They lose their next 4 1st round picks. Or go ahead and look at it with a smaller amount being paid if it makes you feel better (Some will say that "Horvat isn't worth the rally big moneez!!!).

Who loses in this exchange?

regards,  G.

We lose because we lose Horvat!

I still think Horvat has a higher ceiling then most people think and Draisaitl stats were inflated playing with Mcpoops.

10 minutes ago, apollo said:

I thought about it... but he likely is asking for north of 9 mill around 6-8 years... Seems very risky. 

I'd rather offer sheet a guy like Johansen

EDIT: guess it really depends what AAV he wants. At 9 or less, I'd trade Tanev + something(s)

Lets say bo Signs for 5 mill... tanev is around 4mill ... so are those two at 9 mill worth more or less than Leon at 9-11mill? Tough call.

Draisatl sure did look like a dominant playoff guy - kind of like Malkin?  

3 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

So will Bo - kind of like Bergeron.

I love Bo!  We should not ever trade Bo.  Draisatl + Bo could be a really good 1 - 2?

Would the Oilers look at Sutter + Tanev for Draisatl and a Cap dump (do the Oilers even have a bad contract?)

I suspect Draisaitl will be overpaid going forward, like Ekblad. There still isn't sufficient evidence that he can carry a line on his own for the long-haul - which is something you want to confirm before shelling out over $7 million per for a player. What he did this year was impressive, but it's way too short of a sample size to start comparing him to Malkin.

If he's getting north of $8 million, there is a good chance that he will be an anchor that will hold the Oilers back going forward, as opposed to the solution to secondary scoring he's being touted as. But as a Canuck fan, I'm perfectly fine with that. ::D

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I love Bo!  We should not ever trade Bo.  Draisatl + Bo could be a really good 1 - 2?

Would the Oilers look at Sutter + Tanev for Draisatl and a Cap dump (do the Oilers even have a bad contract?)

Closets to a bad contract would be RNH or Sekera.... RNH's deal is better than Sutters so doubt that would work. 

Perhaps @oldnews could make a pitch to Ciarreli why Sutter + Tanev + 2nd for Leon + Sekera makes sense. No one can sell Sutter better than he can :P 

Sekera does have a 15 team NTC... I don't see why he wouldn't want to move from Edmonton to Vancouver... he does make 5.5 mill a year and could live a great life here. Unless he just wants to force the oilers to keep him so he has a shot at the cup this year. 

The way I see it 

Leon @ 9.5AAV >> Tanev @ 4.45 >>> Sutter @ 4.25 > Sekera @ 5.5 .... add a 2nd? Maybe we got a deal?  
Regardless, not sure I'd give Leon 9.5.

2 minutes ago, apollo said:

Closets to a bad contract would be RNH or Sekera.... RNH's deal is better than Sutters so doubt that would work. 

Perhaps @oldnews could make a pitch to Ciarreli why Sutter + Tanev + 2nd for Leon + Sekera makes sense. No one can sell Sutter better than he can :P 

Sekera does have a 15 team NTC... I don't see why he wouldn't want to move from Edmonton to Vancouver... he does make 5.5 mill a year and could live a great life here. Unless he just wants to force the oilers to keep him so he has a shot at the cup this year. 

The way I see it 

Leon @ 9.5AAV >> Tanev @ 4.45 >>> Sutter @ 4.25 > Sekera @ 5.5 .... add a 2nd? Maybe we got a deal?  
Regardless, not sure I'd give Leon 9.5.

Sutter would be a much better option for the Oiler's defensive centre over anyone they have now, that's for sure.  What if we floated Errikson their way too?  :lol:

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sutter would be a much better option for the Oiler's defensive centre over anyone they have now, that's for sure.  What if we floated Errikson their way too?  :lol:

I think you'd end up paying Sutter, Tanev and a 1st rounder for just Draisatl at this point in his career.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Weren't there a lot of people saying McDavid's was a bad contract? ::D

30 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Bo and Draisaitl unsigned. Incoming trade. :o 

No disrespect to Bo !

I do love him but if Draisaitl were offered straight up I would jump all over it.

Hell I would throw any one of 4,5,6 d man in An a third for there second  exchange of picks a first if Oilers win the cup or go to finals.

3 hours ago, bobbyg43 said:

No disrespect to Bo !

I do love him but if Draisaitl were offered straight up I would jump all over it.

Hell I would throw any one of 4,5,6 d man in An a third for there second  exchange of picks a first if Oilers win the cup or go to finals.

Draisaitl is the real deal.  Many considered him as a candidate to be the best in his draft class and they probably won't be wrong.  Not sure how much his stars are inflated playing with McDavid and when he's not, going against the weaker opposition.  To me he's a true star already though, he showed that in the playoffs.  Love to have him but realistically you can bet it will be Horvat and one of Boesser, Juolevi or Demko plus a draft pick to get him.

Archived