The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks Sign Burmistrov

I like these signings. This is exactly what we needed. Low, medium risk, solid term and salary signings. All 3 would be a welcome addition to the team. Burmi, Gagner add much needed offensive skill. Won't  light it up but they'll be good enough playmakers for the kids plus being able to score as well will certainly be a confidence booster for the young guns. Then Del Zotto, Nilsson all have stop gap goodies for both the backend and crease respectively. Can't wait to see what else JB has in store today!::D

57 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

Someone's prob getting moved and my money's on that guy..

I hope not because Sutter for me is our best all around player other than Horvat and it will be a step back losing him. He's a guy I really respect and sure he's the type of guy the organization needs to show all the young forwards coming what it takes.

1 minute ago, JoesRooster said:

Travis Green must be licking his chops seeing all the talent GMJB is adding to our team. This gives Green oh so many options.

willie is probably starring at the tv with his jaw wide open lol.  he gets to coach canada though in south korea so not bad for willie. at least he is free now :D

19 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

1 year at $900K is great -- pretty much zero-risk, and we're getting a guy motivated to prove himself.  In the same camp as Rodin.

FAR preferred to bringing in Yakupov.

Amen brotha Wink!

3 minutes ago, Aircool said:

These aren't unconfirmed. They are just rumours. That's what unconfirmed means. It's quite plain that you are just trying to troll for "I got it first" status, which says a lot. Doesn't matter anyways, because when they are confirmed, someone (most likely VC) can and should create a new thread. it's really nonsensical to have a confirmed trade thread where the first 15 pages are just people talking about how they hope the trade happens. Makes it incredibly painful for those who might come read the thread in the next few days.

You are wrong.

1 minute ago, Hoosierdaddy said:

He clearly intent on not rushing a young player. I don't agree with it ... teams like Detroit did it and were successful but that day has gone. Kids are better prepared to play now than ever. The contract signed are all under 3 years which I think is an indicator of this. The reality is there are no guarantees to tanking so as long as the plan is to accumulate young players and draft picks still I'm fine with it. I do think the young guys need opportunity though. The Burmistov signing is the one I least understand. 

I understand your sentiments, but do see waiting for the younger guys to mature having two advantages: they enter their second contracts older, and we can have them arrive around the same time.

1 minute ago, Beary Sweet said:

I like these signings. This is exactly what we needed. Low, medium risk, solid term and salary signings. All 3 would be a welcome addition to the team. Burmi, Gagner add much needed offensive skill. Won't  light it up but they'll be good enough playmakers for the kids plus being able to score as well will certainly be a confidence booster for the young guns. Then Del Zotto, Nilsson all have stop gap goodies for both the backend and crease respectively. Can't wait to see what else JB has in store today!::D

by far. my favorite off season in jims tenure. the draft is great. free agency is looking great. #excitingtimes

3 minutes ago, The Big Luongo said:

I hope not because Sutter for me is our best all around player other than Horvat and it will be a step back losing him. He's a guy I really respect and sure he's the type of guy the organization needs to show all the young forwards coming what it takes.

What about when he ripped into Goldobin to the media? Don't get me wrong I like Sutter but for the right deal I'd trade him in a heartbeat. 

4 minutes ago, JoesRooster said:

What about when he ripped into Goldobin to the media? Don't get me wrong I like Sutter but for the right deal I'd trade him in a heartbeat. 

Pretty sure the Canucks or teammates will hold this 1 instance against him the guy works his a$$ off has good skill and loads of class.

If they do trade him I don't think they'd get enough value for Sutter he's underrated.

The Canucks are much better with Sutter in the lineup.

• b3. locked and unlocked this topic
36 minutes ago, JoesRooster said:

Not saying we're world beaters but people tend to forget how good our D core was at the start of last season.. should be interesting to see how they function with a clean slate. IMO this team might turn some heads.

I agree.

I'd say Stecher was our best overall defenseman last season and most have no idea he's even a Canucks regular lol.

Canucks are going to surprise media and teams next season they aren't the push over they think they'll be.

Archived