The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks Sign Burmistrov

Ferraro thinks we will still finish near to dead last but now won't get embarrassed doing so whereas O'Neil thinks the veteran signings will make us move back up into mediocreville, thus screwing us over at the draft next year for some franchise-changing players. 

What do you think? 

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

Ferraro thinks we will still finish near to dead last but now won't get embarrassed doing so whereas O'Neil thinks the veteran signings will make us move back up into mediocreville, thus screwing us over at the draft next year for some franchise-changing players. 

What do you think? 

I think we still finish bottom 10'ish. And after this year's lottery, we could still pick top 3 :lol:

2 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

What do you think? 

Looking forward to another too 5 pick.

4 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

What do you think? 

What veteran?

EDIT: ok forgot about Gagner... but he won't bring up back to med-ville.

3 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

What do you think? 

Considering the past two years we sucked and still got jacked at the draft, might as well at least try to be respectable.  Highly doubtful we'll be a playoff bubble team, and the draft has a good amount of top-end talent.  It'll also create more interest in the team while we wait for the kids -- it's not like we're signing busts and scrubs.

6 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

What do you think? 

I think I appreciate a team that's at least trying to be competitive. 

6 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

What do you think? 

The Canucks will still be bottom 5 in the league come April. They might stay in that 10-11 spot in the West for a while, but without having a top 2 dman, they won't be able to sustain pace.

45 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

We do seem to have a lot of centers now.

Hank
Bo
Gagne (if signed)
Sutter

Burmistrov

Boucher

Chaput

Gaunce

Move Gaunce to wing, Sutter as your fourth line center and all is good.  Or......

43 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

Someone's prob getting moved and my money's on that guy..

That would work just fine.

5 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I think we still finish bottom 10'ish. And after this year's lottery, we could still pick top 3 :lol:

4 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Looking forward to another too 5 pick.

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Considering the past two years we sucked and still got jacked at the draft, might as well at least try to be respectable.  Highly doubtful we'll be a playoff bubble team, and the draft has a good amount of top-end talent.  It'll also create more interest in the team while we wait for the kids -- it's not like we're signing busts and scrubs.

I guess this all begs the question as to what the direction of management is now, are we trying to get better already or trying to go full rebuild with top end draft picks? Are we going to miss out, yet again, on a draft with a potential franchise player? We can get jacked at the draft every year, can we? 

I feel like we will move up from last year's 29th and I'm weary about landing with only a top 10 pick, but I do want to be competitive. Such a tug o war situation. I guess we will just have to wait and see. 

Archived