The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson scores an unreal goal

thejazz97

7 hours ago, The Lock said:

Can't really say I have much of an opinion on this to be honest. I have more of a feeling that the argument over whether shootouts should be around or not will be between the older crowd and the younger crowd, basically dependent on what they grew up watching. lol

Probably true.   With points meaning a lot more than when more teams made the playoffs things were getting a little drab late in the third when bubble teams laid back trying to get their one for sure point in a tie.   Adjusting the OT period helped break those ties which I guess will have to be the happy medium.

And on this move, it's nice to know we have an Uber skilled guy coming up!

9 hours ago, IBatch said:

I'm not sure the sacrcasm is warranted. The shoot out gimmick has gone on too long, there is nothing wrong with ties, especially with the new OT rules.  Pretty hard to sit back and play the trap with three guys hoping for the point.  Time to get rid of the loser point, and make getting 100 points a big deal again.  

Going to a game and having it end in a tie is like going on a date and getting a handshake at the end.

5 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

3 pts..reg win

2 pts..OT win, loser gets 1 pt

2 pts SO win. Loser gets the proverbial arsekick from frozen mukluk(zero pts)

Shootouts would get pretty intense.(make a rule to cut the coasting-in, bullsh*t)

...btw, nice moves!

Not sure about the 2 points for SO win and none for losing SO. Feel they should drop the SO and just give them 1 point each, but definitely 3 points for reg win. Makes all the team wanna try to win it more... Helped football big time when it was introduced...

And yeah sweet moves...

I know it's a nothing goal in a nothing shootout but it just shows how good his hands are. The Canucks haven't had someone with this much skill and stick-handling ability as far as I can remember. Probably have to go back to Bure. The Sedins never had hands this quick. Naslund never did. Suddenly we've got a fast sick stick-handler and that seems to be the way the NHL is trending - skill and speed. I've got a feeling JB is going to get lauded with praises for this pick in the years to come.

Those hands and his defensive awareness reminds me a bit of Datsyuk to be honest. If he fills out physically we'll have just drafted a Datsyuk which is more than anyone could have asked for from an average draft.

Archived