The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Atmosphere

Vancouvertillidie

4 hours ago, luckylager said:

Keep it clean or you got tossed

Not that hard.

Are you some puritan who believes alcohol controls people? Grow up

I've been stone cold sober at games and been warned about being rowdy just because I howled after a missed goal. It's gotten a little out of hand with the behaviour policing.

8 hours ago, coho8888 said:

No, the ones that pay millions of dollars for luxury suites, and tickets in the lower bowl so we can pay our players the 70 million bucks a year along with other costs like the building etc.. 

without corporate support, we no longer have a team get it?

So does every other team in the league, it doesn't seem to bother the suits in places like Montreal, Winnipeg, Chicago, Nashville, Philly, N.Y. and on and on.

8 hours ago, coho8888 said:

No, the ones that pay millions of dollars for luxury suites, and tickets in the lower bowl so we can pay our players the 70 million bucks a year along with other costs like the building etc.. 

Funny, before luxury suites, ads on boards, it was the fans paying at the gate, buying merchandize, watching on TV and Radio. Pretty sure without the regular fans all the corporate support would leave the team without 8000 seats, and we'd look like Arizona or Florida. Don't think a team would survive for long without fan support PERIOD. 

Where do you think the money from TV and Radio revenue comes from?

6 hours ago, BowtieCanuck said:

I've been stone cold sober at games and been warned about being rowdy just because I howled after a missed goal. It's gotten a little out of hand with the behaviour policing.

This 100%, I don't drink at games(I've never had a beer in my life).  Last time I sat in the lower bowl I sat down and yelled "Alright, Go Canucks!" and 5 suits in their 50's turn around and gave me a dirty look.  Like it's a effing sporting event ffs, not a corporate shindig were you can woo your effin clients.  Rogers Arena is the worst place in the NHL to go, watch and root for your team, the atmosphere is non-existent.  After that I vowed never to buy a ticket unless things drastically changed. 

No thanks to soccer fans in hockey. That's not the solution. (Even though I know there's not the best of times at Rogers right now. But hey, these things tend to go up and down. With better players, more wins, it'll come back!)

The best atmosphere is the one that gets alive on it's own when something happens on the ice, when the crowds gets going. That's real temper and support. Not a group of fans just singing songs all the game regardless of what's happening on the ice.

Unfortunately we have that in Sweden now. What it really does is that all others stops cheering. Like fully stops, and "rely" on the fans in one corner. It's not "real" and it doesn't follow the flow of the game. If I want to hear a choir sing, I'd rather go to a musical, opera or a soccer stadium where that is needed in a slow tempo sport.

When a brawl, goal or just exciting play happens on the ice and the whole barn just stands on the feet and cheer or shout, THAT is the best feeling ever. ::D It's real and I'm ok with that it won't happen in all games. Some games just aren't worth getting excited about. But when it happens, it can be insane.

I was at the Rogers the first 4 games last season, and no one can tell me that those games were boring. The atmosphere in all 4 games at the end were unbelievable!!! 

15 hours ago, luckylager said:

Keep it clean or you got tossed

Not that hard.

Are you some puritan who believes alcohol controls people? Grow up

I would rather listen to 18,000 Canucks fans swear in unison than ever see another Green Man. 

And to your second point, no. 

Weird, every game I've ever been to I've never had a problem. I yell and cheered and whatnot, though respected the youth around me and didn't scream obscenities. No security ever asked me to tone it down, no dirty looks from other fans (they were cheering too) Didn't see anyone else having a problem with security either. 

And let's not bring up how awesome Winnipeg fans are since only one of us has lost a team due to a lack of support and it wasn't Vancouver. 

Most Vancouver fans are great. Culturally we may not be as noisy as other cities anymore but we're still some of the best fans in the game. I can't think of any other team that loses as much as us and still has this level of devotion. 

14 hours ago, coho8888 said:

Keep your boring, deadpan, suited money zombies in the suites and out of the bowl please.

20 hours ago, luckylager said:

Back in the day you used to be able to get loaded, scream your face off and have as much fun as you wanted so long as you didnt swear or throw stuff.

But then all these corporate suited up losers and their clients decided a hockey game is the place to go to show face, talk business and be uptight wankers.

Fricken suits ruining everything

What's stopping you from doing that now?  In my experience ONE fan can turn the entire building into screaming fest.  At least that's what it was like in the early nineties, every game we'd get loaded and come home the next day with a sore throat and a happy hang over, especially when we won.  Really not much has changed other than I remember the games now mostly because I need to drive home.

I haven't been there in a decade, spend my hockey tickets at the Sens game.  The atmosphere there is always positive and upbeat, and a hearty banter between the blue and green in the crowd and the sea of red.  The last game I went to in Vancouver was with a friend in North Van.  It was awesome.  It saddens me to here that the TO epidemic of suits has entered your building.  

Paint yourself up, get loaded and get those suits off their phones.  

35 minutes ago, IBatch said:

What's stopping you from doing that now?  In my experience ONE fan can turn the entire building into screaming fest.  At least that's what it was like in the early nineties, every game we'd get loaded and come home the next day with a sore throat and a happy hang over, especially when we won.  Really not much has changed other than I remember the games now mostly because I need to drive home.

I haven't been there in a decade, spend my hockey tickets at the Sens game.  The atmosphere there is always positive and upbeat, and a hearty banter between the blue and green in the crowd and the sea of red.  The last game I went to in Vancouver was with a friend in North Van.  It was awesome.  It saddens me to here that the TO epidemic of suits has entered your building.  

Paint yourself up, get loaded and get those suits off their phones.  

You get warned by the fun police for raising your voice, chanting alor even smiling too big.

Plus, all the angry glares from uptight suits who look down on fun, makes me angry. No fun atmosphere

Archived