The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks recall Brendan Gaunce from Utica

Adarsh Sant

Megna and Chaput got time on the top line and the pp and still couldn’t produce yet repeatedly got gifted ice, not gaunce he got the limited 4th line and that’s it with pylon Linemates. So He became a good reliable two way forward who isn’t afraid of the corners, forechecking and does have decent hands if given an actual opportunity he can score. 

The biggest problem is who comes out to make room 

brumistrov has looked good as has virtanen in limited minutes 

vaneks on display 

gagner has had a few good moments and has that gross 3mill 3year contract alone should keep him in the lineup.(unfortunately)

When eriksson is back it would suck to lose gaunce on waivers because of vanek,gag or eriksson.

24 minutes ago, CanuckleHorse said:

I’ll take him over Gagner his all around game is awesome the kid can play a heavy game and a safe shut down game his offensive game will come around.

I mentioned in the GDT I want to see him with the twins. They need a guy who has size/speed and is solid defensively - he's all 3 of those things.
They don't need to score. Just go out there, play keep away, maybe chip i some points.

Some how some way I want to see Granlund let loose from that "defensive unit" with Sutter and Dorsett. Yes he's an excellent defensive forward, but he's also a 20+ goal scorer and this team still requires more offence. 

I'm sure Green will figure this all out in time. The last thing I wanna see is Eriksson gifted a spot back. He's neither fast, nor gritty. He's made a career out of being opportunistic... but it just hasn't happened for him here. There is WAY to much $ tied up in him + the twins. That has to change. Soon.

But getting back to Gaunce. I love this kid. I'm hoping under the new system he comes in and cements himself a spot. Is he playing tonight?

52 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

I mentioned in the GDT I want to see him with the twins. They need a guy who has size/speed and is solid defensively - he's all 3 of those things.
They don't need to score. Just go out there, play keep away, maybe chip i some points.

Some how some way I want to see Granlund let loose from that "defensive unit" with Sutter and Dorsett. Yes he's an excellent defensive forward, but he's also a 20+ goal scorer and this team still requires more offence. 

I'm sure Green will figure this all out in time. The last thing I wanna see is Eriksson gifted a spot back. He's neither fast, nor gritty. He's made a career out of being opportunistic... but it just hasn't happened for him here. There is WAY to much $ tied up in him + the twins. That has to change. Soon.

But getting back to Gaunce. I love this kid. I'm hoping under the new system he comes in and cements himself a spot. Is he playing tonight?

Gaunce is a left wing not a right wing and the Sedins need someone who can score/finish on their line because they can't anymore.

2-3 years ago Gaunce  may have worked, but now the Sedins have no finish. Once Gaunce shows he can score then maybe.  Otherwise the Sedin line with Gaunce becomes more of a liability.  Gaunce is better off playing with Burmistrov and whoever.

PS: This pains me to say because I am a huge Sedin fan.  It's sad to watch how much they have declined in their level of play.

1 hour ago, darkpoet said:

Sedins are most likely done after this year but we will be stuck with Eriksson for the next four years after this. Gaunce should sit on the bench for a while until the team starts to lose.

Archived