The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks recall Brendan Gaunce from Utica

Adarsh Sant

He might be our Sutter replacement in 2 years. I'm really curious to see if Manny can help him become a solid face-off guy. He's a good skater with size, and seems to be developing a good defensive game. Lets give him a chance. 

56 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

He might be our Sutter replacement in 2 years. I'm really curious to see if Manny can help him become a solid face-off guy. He's a good skater with size, and seems to be developing a good defensive game. Lets give him a chance. 

He may be our replicant in a couple years instead ...

51853B9VP5L.jpg

You guys got to give it a rest.....not all players need to contribute goals to be an asset to a team........

Gaunce is just coming off an injury, and will need time to adjust 

He is a solid defensive player that can play a disciplined game.........he'll figure the rest out 

14 hours ago, Canucks-12 said:

hope he plays tomorrow 

I think Guance would give the Canucks a good solid boost.

I'd take Dorsett out he's looking tired and not playing very good at all looks very slow and sloppy. I really like the idea of Guance, Sutter and Granlund tandem I think they'd completely shutdown the Flames top line and give the Canucks best chance to win.

Guance will be much fresher and really help the pk which just might be a huge factor tonight in what I expect to be a tight battle.

I think it's a no brainer but unfortunately it will likely be Burmistrov who comes out.

6 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Judging from the number of minutes he played he may be being shopped.

That's a bizarre 'judgement' Guardian.

Judging by the number of minutes he played, he may have been playing his first game, after missing camp, preseason, and  the first 14 games after shoulder surgery.

Patience.

Seems to play well on the defensive side... otherwise brings nothing to the table. No hitting, no scoring, no play making, can't win draws, skating is weak but improved. These type of defensive fowards are merely stopgaps until you can find a defensive forward who brings "something" else to the table... classic example of the Canucks poor drafting record. Just my two cents.

9 hours ago, Canucklehead73 said:

Seems to play well on the defensive side... otherwise brings nothing to the table. No hitting, no scoring, no play making, can't win draws, skating is weak but improved. These type of defensive fowards are merely stopgaps until you can find a defensive forward who brings "something" else to the table... classic example of the Canucks poor drafting record. Just my two cents.

I agree. The Canucks need more forwards with speed, skill, toughness or intensity. Gaunce possesses none of those qualities.

I think maybe the coaching staff sees something in Gaunce that we don't. I'm sure TG wouldn't have sent him up from the farm to WD last year for kicks. And he wouldn't be playing now under TG on the big club if there was nothing there to work on. I think they believe Gaunce is a work in progress and he's a ready and willing participant in that endeavour. He's still young and obviously ahead of the Megna, Chaput and Bouchees of the Canuck farm team world.

Archived