The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Los Angeles Kings

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, bree2 said:

ok this is first time posting , so if I do something wrong, sorry , ahead of time. first off the canucks played a great game last night after the 10 minute mark.   Eriksson had a good game, and I feel the goals will start coming.  pouliet has really been a nice surprise. I was not happy with jake sitting his second game out , when gaunce is out playing more minutes than jake has gotten. i just don't think gaunce is nhl material.

Welcome Bree. I agree about Gaunce, I've wondered why they're showing such great patience with this guy, seeing as he's had great difficulty scoring (providing offence), and doesn't seem to hit enough or drop the gloves when necessary (play gritty) with his size. But in a way I'm glad they're being patient with him. He is good defensively, good on the PK, It would also suck if we traded him for peanuts and he suddenly starts producing.  

6 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Welcome Bree. I agree about Gaunce, I've wondered why they're showing such great patience with this guy, seeing as he's had great difficulty scoring (providing offence), and doesn't seem to hit enough or drop the gloves when necessary (play gritty) with his size. But in a way I'm glad they're being patient with him. He is good defensively, good on the PK, It would also suck if we traded him for peanuts and he suddenly starts producing.  

Green didn't even use Gaunce on the PK yesterday and the Canucks took so many penalties.  

7 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Honestly, as likeable of a guy as Gaunce is... I doubt we could even trade him for peanuts. I think if he was to be waived, he'd go through with ease.

He's not a bad hockey player or a defensive liability or anything... but he just can't produce. I hope he proves me wrong and starts producing but I doubt it and I'd rather see Jake back in the lineup.

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

to be fair that unsettles a lot of teams. But for sure we need to set the pace early to be successful most days. I think Green's style allows for comebacks though because they don't give up on pressuring even when they are down, so when the chance does come to shift momentum they seize it. When they haven't played well, which is really a handful of games, they weren't pressuring as hard. 

Edler-Pouliot might be a real lucky break for us, it seems to be a solid pairing so Tanev can be freed up for other pairings. 

Enjoyed that Courier article, JM. Imagine if Pouliot becomes 'found $' on par with the great CT?!

But I like the proposed pairings laid out, above^

2 hours ago, PCprincipal said:

When were healthy -

Del Zotto Tanev

Elder Stecher

Pouliot Gudbranson

So you pair Hutton with another nice piece..perhaps we could land another 2018 1st(desperate team with injuries)?

43 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I missed this game and haven't read through the GDT/PGT. Were the twins and Eriksson as good as their game stats suggest. The numbers suggest they dominated shot shares and produced very impressive rates on controlled entries. Extremely solid on the fancy stats side. Did the eye test agree?

They looked good and I thought the fact they were playing well with Eriksson gave them all a shot in the arm. At one point, I think it was Daniel, looked at Eriksson and kind of gave him a "yes, that's it" kind of gesture. I think they might just get each other going, we'll have to see.

16 hours ago, Odd. said:

After thinking about it, how did Benning manage to grab a top 4 defenseman for a career AHL'er/fringe NHL depth guy (whatever he is) in Pedan? That has to be one of the best moves he's made as GM and in a few years might prove to be one of the biggest steals ever for this franchise.

I think another thing to know is that in his last 2 games as a lefthanded defenseman playing on the right side, he's posting better CF 5v5 which is above 70% in both.

Pouliot's going to be our next best defenseman. Keep him up for the rest of the year. A full season in the NHL will do wonders for this kid.

They don`t really have a choice, sending him down means waivers and Pit can re-claim him.  That`s why they traded him in the first place because he would have been lost for nothing.

I'm sure it was a pleasant flight home for the boys, after a big win to end their road trip. Always difficult to win in California. Any idea when Stecher is back? I hear Tanev is around 1-2 weeks away. I don't want to see Pouliot sitting in the press box once the D is healthy (if they're all healthy that is). I'd rather Hutton sit a while. I would also be okay if Benning could package Hutton in a trade. Keep (and re-sign) Gudbranson, as we may lose Edler at the TDL as well.

Edler - Stecher

Del Zotto - Tanev

Pouliot - Gudbranson

Hutton

12 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I'm sure it was a pleasant flight home for the boys, after a big win to end their road trip. Always difficult to win in California. Any idea when Stecher is back? I hear Tanev is around 1-2 weeks away. I don't want to see Pouliot sitting in the press box once the D is healthy (if they're all healthy that is). I'd rather Hutton sit a while. I would also be okay if Benning could package Hutton in a trade. Keep (and re-sign) Gudbranson, as we may lose Edler at the TDL as well.

Edler - Stecher

Del Zotto - Tanev

Pouliot - Gudbranson

Hutton

Wasn't Stecher said to be out for 2 months? I'd say hes another month away possibly.

2 hours ago, Erik Karlsson said:

And the poster who wants to sign Kane for 7 million for 8 years... Seriously? That's another Eriksson/Gagner contract. 

Not to mention the fact that an 8 year contract would require him to be already on the team, which would mean giving up assets to acquire him first.

Archived