The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Los Angeles Kings

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:
Boeser is only rookie at 1 Pt per game pace. 14 games 5 goals, 9 assists for 14 Pts. 1 ppg and +1

Keller has 3 more points but also played 5 more games. He's at .89 ppg and -7

Nico Hischier is close and he's 2 years younger. 17 games 14 points. 

Hischier is heating up. Keller cooling off. 

1 minute ago, FijianCanuck said:

Hischier is heating up. Keller cooling off. 

Yeah, HIschier had a slow start. Took a bit to get going. 

Sergachev is the steal of last year's draft. He's a beast. 6'3  215 lbs only 19. 

18 games 4g 8a 12pts. +6

Plays on a great team but Hischier plays on a very good team as well. 

Only got to catch the second period. It stuck out to me that the Sedins with Eriksson were pretty good. Controlling the puck in the offensive zone and contributing a goal.

It seems like Eriksson's defensive game and his understanding of the Sedins's game make the trio a very effective second line. 

9 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Yeah, HIschier had a slow start. Took a bit to get going. 

Sergachev is the steal of last year's draft. He's a beast. 6'3  215 lbs only 19. 

18 games 4g 8a 12pts. +6

Plays on a great team but Hischier plays on a very good team as well. 

How he dropped to 9th I have no idea. Should have gone in the top 5 for sure. 

7 minutes ago, LarsEller said:

How he dropped to 9th I have no idea. Should have gone in the top 5 for sure. 

Imagine Benning picked him instead. How great would this young D core look. I wanted Juolevi as well. He looked so good at the time. But Serachev is a beast. 

45 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Benning has wanted him since WPG, he made a good offer then, He's also tried to get him out of BUF. 

I think he'll pay 7mill per year 8 years and get it done. Front load the contract a bit. This guy is about to hit his prime. I think Benning will try his best. I think he pbbly will get traded at TDL but he'll go UFA and explore his options.

I agree he might like where he is traded to. But he'll consider Benning's offer before signing anywhere. 

We have 30 mill cap space next year, around 20 mill will get our UFA's and RFA's signed. Give around 7 to KAne and we still have 3 mill to spare. 

I would also like Evander Kane but 7x8? That is a bit much I think. I don't think it's a good idea to destroy our cap structure -- playing a winger more than Horvat when his contribution is not going to be greater than Horvat. Imagine what Boeser would commend if we paid Kane 7 mil.

I think it also depends on the next year's draft. I think we need to draft one more D to round out our top 4 moving forward (aside from Juolevi and Stecher, I don't see a top 4 among our young players). But by some chance we draft a winger, then it doesn't make sense to sign Kane to a long term contract.

I like the way this team is set up at the moment. Horvat's contract really paved the road towards seamlessly fitting in various players under the cap. I can see Boeser signing for around 6 mil after his ELC and Baertschi around 4.5 mil after his current contract. That gets us an affordable first line at 16 mil, which serves as an upper ceiling on the second line to be made up of Pettersson and Dahlen (that is of course, unless Pettersson destroys all expectation in the first couple years of his ELC and takes over as the first line center). 

If we can get a top 2 D in the next draft, then we will be ready to contend in a few years. At which point the cap will probably reach around 80 mil and I think with our cap structure, we will be in an advantageous position where we can make Hossa type signing to put us over the top. Signing Kane at 7 mil might throw that advantage out the window.

I think a fair price to pay for Evander Kane is 5.5. And for that amount, there is no way he comes over to Vancouver.

2 minutes ago, khay said:

I would also like Evander Kane but 7x8? That is a bit much I think. I don't think it's a good idea to destroy our cap structure -- playing a winger more than Horvat when his contribution is not going to be greater than Horvat. Imagine what Boeser would commend if we paid Kane 7 mil.

UFA vs RFA, gotta pay to get the player. HE's only 26, you front load the contract and make last 2 years at around 4 mill salary and can trade him at that time when he's 32, at that time the kids will be in prime and need new contracts.

This is a rebuilding team. We won't be in cap trouble for a while. Lots of young kids on the team. 

Benning has tried to trade for Kane twice in last couple of years. I don't see how he won't make a major push to sign him. 

Keep the PP simple and they'll get rewarded - hard shot points with rebounds, traffic and no need for fancy cross-crease passes. Boeser's shot, Horvat's net presence and a scavenger like Baertschi is all you really need on the PP.

We should emulate this success across all the PP units, but ideally that hard shot comes from a defenceman.

Great job by the team coming back from 2-0 down on the road against one of the hottest teams in the league, this is a big win for the Canucks. Sedins are able to contribute every now and then which is great to see and Eriksson having a big game is a massive boost for the team.

3 hours ago, LarsEller said:

Pedan was more just to balance the contracts basically. He was never going to play nhl hockey. Way to slow and unable to follow the play. The 4th was the main piece. 

pedan  won  canucks fastest skater  at skills comp 2 yrs ago what are you talking about 

2 hours ago, oldnews said:

Yeah, I remember being repeatedly mocked when I suggested that this team has far better depth than it's had in recent years....

me to but they needed a coach like green craz how our offense is better this yr no megna chaput playing first line minutes willie was a joke of a coach.

1 hour ago, khay said:

I think it also depends on the next year's draft. I think we need to draft one more D to round out our top 4 moving forward (aside from Juolevi and Stecher, I don't see a top 4 among our young players). But by some chance we draft a winger, then it doesn't make sense to sign Kane to a long term contract.

I like the way this team is set up at the moment. Horvat's contract really paved the road towards seamlessly fitting in various players under the cap. I can see Boeser signing for around 6 mil after his ELC and Baertschi around 4.5 mil after his current contract. That gets us an affordable first line at 16 mil, which serves as an upper ceiling on the second line to be made up of Pettersson and Dahlen (that is of course, unless Pettersson destroys all expectation in the first couple years of his ELC and takes over as the first line center). 

If we can get a top 2 D in the next draft, then we will be ready to contend in a few years. At which point the cap will probably reach around 80 mil and I think with our cap structure, we will be in an advantageous position where we can make Hossa type signing to put us over the top. Signing Kane at 7 mil might throw that advantage out the window.

I think a fair price to pay for Evander Kane is 5.5. And for that amount, there is no way he comes over to Vancouver.

kane has more offensive talent than horvat. Regardless boeser will cost qoot to resign one his entry level deal expires. hopefully benning gets kane at 6.75 for 6 yrs 

6 hours ago, LarsEller said:

Pedan was more just to balance the contracts basically. He was never going to play nhl hockey. Way to slow and unable to follow the play. The 4th was the main piece. 

In fairness to Pedan, reports are he's been incredible in Wilkes-Barre since he got there. And his stats look beastly:

13GP 1G 5A 23PIMs +8

So if he keeps this up, he may actually get a shot in Pittsburgh. Of course, even if he does, we still got a fantastic deal.

6 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Ya, I think he's gonna end up signing here. 4 years around 4 mill per year. 

Just look at what Dorsey did after the 1st LA goal. Those things can't be measured in stats but it's huge for a team. Gudbranson is needed here. Even as a 3rd pair guy when all Dmen are healthy. But he can play 2nd pair and against physical teams he's desperately needed to play big minutes as he was tonight. 

You put gubranson on the third pairing and he doesn't sign here

24 minutes ago, D-Money said:

In fairness to Pedan, reports are he's been incredible in Wilkes-Barre since he got there. And his stats look beastly:

13GP 1G 5A 23PIMs +8

So if he keeps this up, he may actually get a shot in Pittsburgh. Of course, even if he does, we still got a fantastic deal.

Lol is that the standard for beastly stats? Less than .5 ppg?

Evan Mceneny must be a &^@#ing legend then. Give him a spot in the hof now lol.

Archived