The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Maple Leafs Have Interest In Erik Gudbranson

Bo53Horvat

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Laffs fans still convinced dermott and a 2nd get them choice of any d man on the market.

OEL, dermott and a 2nd.  Gudbranson, dermott and a 2nd.  Karlsson is available, dermott and a 2nd

Completely ridiculous player evaluations aren't just limited to Leafs fans unfortunately 

2 hours ago, rekker said:

Marner seems to be the whipping boy lately. Demoted to fourth line again today in practice. I wonder if TO starts shopping him for a Dman. I don't see him as a fit here. 

You what?! He's literally the perfect linemate for Boeser...

3 hours ago, rekker said:

Marner seems to be the whipping boy lately. Demoted to fourth line again today in practice. I wonder if TO starts shopping him for a Dman. I don't see him as a fit here. 

Leafs are stupid if they trade Marner.  He’s one of the best at driving play through the neutral zone, forcing d to back off the blue line, and creating space above the dots.  If they don’t want him, then we will gladly take him.  

Any new news on the D market?  I guess we have to wait for the first domino to fall before we can expect any major trade flurries.  Hopefully Gudbranson is part of that trade whirlwind.  I can see him going to Chicago, Anaheim, maybe even Pittsburgh.

2 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

As did I although I think Tanev is the superior defenseman

No question.  Tanev is elite as a shut down/ shot suppression dman.  If Larsen cost Hall, then Tanev might cost Marner.  As I said earlier, Leafs are stupid if they trade Marner.  They would be better off trading Kadri, Bozak, or JVR.  But I wouldn’t trade Tanev for any of those.  Heck, I would not trade Guddy for those guys.  

I just don't see Guddy fetching a great return this year.  His value must be at an all time low......  sad to say.

Really hoping he get pick up his game from now till the TDL so we can at least get something decent in return for him.....

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I just don't see Guddy fetching a great return this year.  His value must be at an all time low......  sad to say.

Really hoping he get pick up his game from now till the TDL so we can at least get something decent in return for him.....

He's been playing better lately. But ya, how he plays from now till the deadline will dictate his value.

17 minutes ago, rekker said:

He's been playing better lately. But ya, how he plays from now till the deadline will dictate his value.

Doubtful. Scouts inform GMs based on years of analysis. At this point, every GM in the league knows what they’d be getting with him. They won’t be looking at 20 games leading up to the deadline, but his entire NHL career, especially the last few years.

4 minutes ago, Monty said:

Doubtful. Scouts inform GMs based on years of analysis. At this point, every GM in the league knows what they’d be getting with him. They won’t be looking at 20 games leading up to the deadline, but his entire NHL career, especially the last few years.

I would think a bit of both. Of the utmost importance is that he can stay healthy. Hopefully we just re-sign him to a reasonable deal. 

I wish Marner was available despite being in the doghouse in T.O.

Even though, the price would be set too high for what they'd be asking. Defensemen in his prime with years (Tanev), a top 6 roster player (Bärtschi), and a pick (late first - early second).

10 minutes ago, shiznak said:

I wish Marner was available despite being in the doghouse in T.O.

Even though, the price would be set too high for what they'd be asking. Defensemen in his prime with years (Tanev), a top 6 roster player (Bärtschi), and a pick (late first - early second).

You think Marner is worth that much? Seems kind of high. 

2 minutes ago, rekker said:

You think Marner is worth that much? Seems kind of high. 

If we could pry Marner from the Loser Leafs for Tanev + Baer + a pick that’s fifty or later, then I would hope JB would do that.  Yes, the price might appear a little high, but Marner (IMHAO) is a player who can carry a top two line.  

Archived