The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Maple Leafs Have Interest In Erik Gudbranson

Bo53Horvat

48 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Pulock steps right into our top 6 imo

Future D pair of Juolevi and Pulock could do well

It could.  I have my reservations about him still though.  Does he have the offensive pop we would want with "Juolevi" on our possible top unit?  

Do not get my wrong. Juolevi may net 30-50 points a season on the high side but I would think you would want another Offensive guy to help share that burden and make that unit more dynamic.  I can see Juolevi and Stecher back together at times next season if he makes the D Core.

3 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

It could.  I have my reservations about him still though.  Does he have the offensive pop we would want with "Juolevi" on our possible top unit?  

Do not get my wrong. Juolevi may net 30-50 points a season on the high side but I would think you would want another Offensive guy to help share that burden and make that unit more dynamic.  I can see Juolevi and Stecher back together at times next season if he makes the D Core.

For sure. The kid is still developing and could go either way. He has a 46 point AHL season under his belt though. I'm not pretending to know of him that well. Anyone seen him play?

2 hours ago, Yotes said:

Would NYI give up that much? I know they have the picks but Guddy retained for Pulock & a 2nd?

Retaining money would really help them out as they will be in the market for adding a goalie as well.  It might have to become a conditional 2nd based on if they make playoffs or perhaps if they resign him, but I think it would be doable.  

4 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Retaining money would really help them out as they will be in the market for adding a goalie as well.  It might have to become a conditional 2nd based on if they make playoffs or perhaps if they resign him, but I think it would be doable.  

Good suggestion. Pulock and a conditional. Makes sense for both teams. 

18 minutes ago, rekker said:

Good suggestion. Pulock and a conditional. Makes sense for both teams. 

23 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I am not opposed just do not know enough about Pulock's play as of late. I know he was highly touted back in the day but I haven't paid attention to their play or his progression.  Those numbers someone quoted of 49 points or what not is pretty impressive.

17 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Hard to believe that this thread is up to 102 pages based solely on:

Toronto "MIGHT" have interest in Gudbranson

::D

on that note.  have we heard any new rumours where he could land or if he would be re signed? these boards are a tad to quiet lol.

its a bye week for the team! not us fans!! hockey speculation 24/7 baby!!

go cDC go!

18 hours ago, Rush17 said:

on that note.  have we heard any new rumours where he could land or if he would be re signed? these boards are a tad to quiet lol.

its a bye week for the team! not us fans!! hockey speculation 24/7 baby!!

go cDC go!

TSN & all other media throw names out their to stir the pot and get people excited about the TDL. We may see a trade or two in the next 3 weeks but most likely the majority of deals will happen near the end.

I hope if we do intend to move some players that we try to move them on the early side, so we dont get stuck at the end with a bad offer or end up keeping a player due to a lackluster offer. PLUS, it opens up some room on the roster to give some younger players an opportunity to play and we are at that stage as a team that we need to do that. Post TDL I would hope we see Virtanen play top 6 minutes to finish out the year, give the kid some confidence and a decent strech of games to try and succeed!

It sounds like the market for D might be pretty big come deadline, so Guddy may not be in that hot of demand or garner a big return. If we are to move him I wouldnt wait till the end after teams go after other players first. He is a useful add to a playoff team but it is TBD to see what a team will actually offer for him. Hopefully its no worse than a 2nd round pick

1 hour ago, Yotes said:

TSN & all other media throw names out their to stir the pot and get people excited about the TDL. We may see a trade or two in the next 3 weeks but most likely the majority of deals will happen near the end.

I hope if we do intend to move some players that we try to move them on the early side, so we dont get stuck at the end with a bad offer or end up keeping a player due to a lackluster offer. PLUS, it opens up some room on the roster to give some younger players an opportunity to play and we are at that stage as a team that we need to do that. Post TDL I would hope we see Virtanen play top 6 minutes to finish out the year, give the kid some confidence and a decent strech of games to try and succeed!

It sounds like the market for D might be pretty big come deadline, so Guddy may not be in that hot of demand or garner a big return. If we are to move him I wouldnt wait till the end after teams go after other players first. He is a useful add to a playoff team but it is TBD to see what a team will actually offer for him. Hopefully its no worse than a 2nd round pick

At the end of the day sports media is a business. Number of listeners = advertising revenue. I would not be surprised to find out that rates actually increase during the TDL period. Just like CUP media minutes go up. 

By extension media news rooms are also dominated by the need to generate revenue. Trump was very accurate when he told reporters during a presser that their companies business plans were failing. It has been a reality for many years now. MSM is failing, they are not called presstitutes for no reason. 

53 minutes ago, rekker said:

Laffs blow another lead yet again last night. Need help on D. I doubt any GM helps them out for cheap. Other GM's may enjoy watching beads of sweat starting on Lamarillo's forehead. 

was dermott in? or still in A?

25 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Laffs fans still convinced dermott and a 2nd get them choice of any d man on the market.

OEL, dermott and a 2nd.  Gudbranson, dermott and a 2nd.  Karlsson is available, dermott and a 2nd

F' the laffs. I have a feeling that Guddy ain't going anywhere. 

31 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Laffs fans still convinced dermott and a 2nd get them choice of any d man on the market.

OEL, dermott and a 2nd.  Gudbranson, dermott and a 2nd.  Karlsson is available, dermott and a 2nd

Lol. And Dreger will be leading the way on that front. 

Archived