The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Maple Leafs Have Interest In Erik Gudbranson

Bo53Horvat

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

:blink:

We have one of the best D men in the league?

I know if we did and we offered it for Marner it would be a 1-1 or Toronto giving more up.  

But we don't so....

Tanev is definitely one of the best Dmen in the NHL. 

There are 31 teams and he'd be on the first pair on more than 25 of those teams. Give or take a couple.

5 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Tanev is definitely one of the best Dmen in the NHL. 

There are 31 teams and he'd be on the first pair on more than 25 of those teams. Give or take a couple.

And you think we'd have to give him ++ for Marner?  Who is so bad he's on the 4th line then?

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

And you think we'd have to give him ++ for Marner?  Who is so bad he's on the 4th line then?

No, I'm saying you don't give Tanev, Baer plus 2nd for Marner. I'm saying I would NOT give Tanev alone for Marner. 

I'm not saying Marner is so bad. He may well turn out to be very good. But right now he's not worth Tanev. 

23 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

No, I'm saying you don't give Tanev, Baer plus 2nd for Marner. I'm saying I would NOT give Tanev alone for Marner. 

I'm not saying Marner is so bad. He may well turn out to be very good. But right now he's not worth Tanev. 

I would agree. You have to be careful what you give up when trading Dr potential. 

1 hour ago, shiznak said:

Direct quote from your post, you worded it like he's already in his prime. 

That article is more so of his struggles in scoring goals, and not getting enough space to work with to be creative, which is his forte. You're not going to expect Marner to laid out someone and be noticeable in that way. It has never been that way for him. It's a learning curve, like I said, it was his rookie year and putting up 4 points in 6 games against the Predsident trophy winner is not what I call a poor performance.

But it's still potential. Some players no matter how talented never learn how to play both sides of the ice. You get away with it in junior but not in the bigs. It costs coaches their jobs. That's why you see guys like Gaunce stick around. 

2 hours ago, guntrix said:

Question - do you think Guddy is willing to take less/same as what he currently makes when he can wait a few months and be a UFA? For that price, I don't think anybody on this forum would have a problem with it.

It's about the term that brings security. If it takes 6 years so be it. Who will replace him?

If it was so easy to aquire a player like him we should have two.

IMHO. 

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Oh.

Ok gotcha.   Sounded like we gave everything up

44 minutes ago, riske1 said:

It's about the term that brings security. If it takes 6 years so be it. Who will replace him?

If it was so easy to aquire a player like him we should have two.

IMHO. 

The problem wasn't the term but the $$$. Not sure he takes 3.0/3.5 when he's currently making 3.5 and a few months away from free agency.

But crazier things have happened.

Just now, Rush17 said:

why has this become a tanev thread lol.  Trade guddy already jim damnit!  your stressing me out!  make the pro move!

Is JB even allowed to make trades now though, considering all the rumours swirling about us not resigning him, and wanting Holland instead?  Who knows what the heck to expect?  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Is JB even allowed to make trades now though, considering all the rumours swirling about us not resigning him, and wanting Holland instead?  Who knows what the heck to expect?  

There are no rumours.

There is tmz 1040 and not much else.

Holland without bowman is easy to see if one looks at the trades and signings of the wings from 2011 through 2017

Disaster....

40 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

There are no rumours.

There is tmz 1040 and not much else.

Holland without bowman is easy to see if one looks at the trades and signings of the wings from 2011 through 2017

Disaster....

I’m not saying Holland is better than JB.  Personally, I think JB should get a chance to finish what he started.  However, if there is a question from ownership about JB’s future, then JB might not get to make any trades at the deadline.  

I'm sure this is completely unrelated and doesn't actually mean anything, but I walked by Rogers arena on the way home from work tonight and noticed Guddys banner near gate 8 was taken down. Probably just being cleaned or something but I thought it was weird.

2 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

I'm sure this is completely unrelated and doesn't actually mean anything, but I walked by Rogers arena on the way home from work tonight and noticed Guddys banner near gate 8 was taken down. Probably just being cleaned or something but I thought it was weird.

Lol for real? 

Archived