The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Van-Edm - the faint hope trade

JM_

To Vancouver: Jesse Puljujarvi, Erik Gryba

To Edmonton: Tanev, Vanek, Boucher

Edmonton isn't going to part with its 1st rounder at this point with it being a potential lotto ticket, but if they can fix their PK - Tanev, improve their PP - Vanek and add some potential scoring depth in the bottom 6 - Boucher - they may have a chance to salvage their year (thats the faint hope part). 

We get JP and depth RHD, using one A level D player and two that cost us nothing to pick up. 

If were trading Tanev, I want a great young defenseman in return. Our forward core is looking good right now, particularly in the prospects department, so Puljujarvi isn't that necessary. I feel we have a much greater need for good young defensemen coming up.

If Benning could get Pool Party without having to give up one of our top young prospects or a high pick, then he needs to do it.

I'm not sure that's enough though. Vanek (UFA) and Boucher (RFA) are free agents so basically Tanev for Pool party.  Oilers could definitely get more for Pool Party.

Now that I think about it, giving up a good young prospect might still be worth doing.  Pool Party is going to be a stud.

21 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

If were trading Tanev, I want a great young defenseman in return. Our forward core is looking good right now, particularly in the prospects department, so Puljujarvi isn't that necessary. I feel we have a much greater need for good young defensemen coming up.

I hear that, but I think we're going to get that with our 1st round pick and maybe with the Guddy trade too. JP would sure round out the future top 6.

24 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

If Benning could get Pool Party without having to give up a young prospect or pick, then he needs to do it.

I'm not sure though that's enough thought. Vanek (UFA) and Boucher (RFA) are free agents so basically Tanev for Pool party.  Oilers could definitely get more for Pool Party.

Not sure which non-playoff team has a better PK player than Tanev though... and I'm hoping for a little bit of desperation on PC's part. 

15 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

EDM should just pull the plug. Mtl's DESPERATE for a big, true C

Draisatl to Mtl, for...

2018 1st, & Gallagher or Galchunky

Then they'd have two shots at Dahlin. Also relieve their 2018-19 cap-crunch.

Good thinking but the last thing I want is for Edm to have 2 cracks at no 1. What a brutal organization! They need to just keep rotting.

1 minute ago, groovy said:

Good thinking but the last thing I want is for Edm to have 2 cracks at no 1. What a brutal organization! They need to just keep rotting.

But from their pov..even if they didn't land Dahlin, they could still add 2 great D prospects to build around McD, RNH, Poolparty & Nurse.

Easy to sell that to any fanbase, I'd guess?..

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

To Vancouver: Jesse Puljujarvi, Erik Gryba

To Edmonton: Tanev, Vanek, Boucher

Edmonton isn't going to part with its 1st rounder at this point with it being a potential lotto ticket, but if they can fix their PK - Tanev, improve their PP - Vanek and add some potential scoring depth in the bottom 6 - Boucher - they may have a chance to salvage their year (thats the faint hope part). 

We get JP and depth RHD, using one A level D player and two that cost us nothing to pick up. 

Trading Tanev in any deal has to start with a 1st round pick or an A defensive prospect. Period.

2 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

But from their pov..even if they didn't land Dahlin, they could still add 2 great D prospects to build around McD, RNH, Poolparty & Nurse.

Easy to sell that to any fanbase, I'd guess?..

I already agreed with the logic. I do not want to see Edmonton do well is all. That organization should be challenging for a cup by now with all the picks they have had in recent years. Time for us to get a little lotto luck. Either way we are building a good pipeline and will get a great player around 5.

Just now, Sbriggs said:

Trading Tanev in any deal has to start with a 1st round pick or an A defensive prospect. Period.

JP is a very valuable asset though.  Perhaps, in a year or two, we trade him for that elite dman - much like the RJ for Jones deal?  

1 minute ago, groovy said:

I already agreed with the logic. I do not want to see Edmonton do well is all. That organization should be challenging for a cup by now with all the picks they have had in recent years. Time for us to get a little lotto luck. Either way we are building a good pipeline and will get a great player around 5.

Yeah, & I vividly remember suffering thru them 80's too. Still I'll always maintain an ounce of compassion, for humans forced to reside in ugly Edmonchuk. They'll never amount to much again, as vets don't wanna' live there.

Maple Fleas on the other hand..don't even consider that corporate entity a Canadian franchise anymore. There's a group of overhyped blow-hards I can't stand.

Archived