The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kadri starting new Barbering career post hockey

sonoman

8 hours ago, sonoman said:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/kadri-pulling-thorntons-beard-landed-bigger-punishment/

Lucky he didn't get his butt handed to him by Jumbo Joe

meh...I haven't forgotten the disrespect Jumbo Joe gave to Hank.

Course, **** Kadri on his attempts to actually injure Canucks.  Cheapshot artist punk.

4 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Course, **** Kadri on his attempts to actually injure Canucks.  Cheapshot artist punk.

I don't know why people still make such a big deal out of that incident. I thought it was just a bit of harmless fun. "Disrespect" is what Dave Bolland said about the Sedins or what Benn said or what Millbury said. Thornton waving a finger in Henrik's face was just him trying to get under the skin of a top 5 player in the league. Its the equivalent of giving a goalie a snow shower. A bit of gamesmanship has always been part of hockey. 

36 minutes ago, Toews said:

Its the equivalent of giving a goalie a snow shower.  

Disagree.   Snow spraying a goalie is complete disrespect.   Why do you think it something that warrants an unsportsmanlike penalty?  Or why do the defensive players often go ballistic if it's just 'gamesmanship'?  Do you think Joe would've done that to Scott Stevens or Chris Pronger...no, don't think so.

7 minutes ago, PlanB said:

Disagree.   Snow spraying a goalie is complete disrespect.   Why do you think it something that warrants an unsportsmanlike penalty?  Or why do the defensive players often go ballistic if it's just 'gamesmanship'?  Do you think Joe would've done that to Scott Stevens or Chris Pronger...no, don't think so.

Agree that it's not just gamesmanship but disrespect - that's why players snap when it happens.   Joe was absolutely being disrespectful - not malicious,  but disrespectful nevertheless.  

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

Agree that it's not just gamesmanship but disrespect - that's why players snap when it happens.   Joe was absolutely being disrespectful - not malicious,  but disrespectful nevertheless.  

Heh, there are times in a game when getting under the opponents skin is a valuable strategy.   Changing momentum .  Some players are better are picking the spot to do this though....

On 1/6/2018 at 3:25 AM, NewbieCanuckFan said:

oh easy now, that in itself showed how soft of a leader Henrik was. It should have been dealt with right then with a face wash back but nope.At the time Joe was in hot water over the image of not having the balls to lead his team in the playoffs... If this was the 90's and he did that to Linden, different result!

1 minute ago, Westcoasting said:

If this was the 90's and he did that to Linden, different result!

Unlikely....

I STILL remember the time the big fat tub of goo (ok, this was before he was on the lard diet) Keith Tkachuk did virtually the same thing to Trevor (only it was more physical).  Trevor just stood and took it (not that I blame him - he was NEVER a fighter & pre-fat Tkachuk would've cleaned his clock (that was his intention to draw him into a fight).

Fortunately our resident sheriff Momesso came in and cleaned house.

Who knows, maybe Trevor didn't forget that game & played a part in his son not be drafted by us (ok, now I"m reaching here...:P)

21 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Unlikely....

I STILL remember the time the big fat tub of goo (ok, this was before he was on the lard diet) Keith Tkachuk did virtually the same thing to Trevor (only it was more physical).  Trevor just stood and took it (not that I blame him - he was NEVER a fighter & pre-fat Tkachuk would've cleaned his clock (that was his intention to draw him into a fight).

Fortunately our resident sheriff Momesso came in and cleaned house.

Who knows, maybe Trevor didn't forget that game & played a part in his son not be drafted by us (ok, now I"m reaching here...:P)

Was that the game where Courtnall punched Selanne in the face? Lmao, Courtnall was a beauty at times! Yeah i didn't mean that Trevor was tough, but he wouldn't just take bs after bs like the Sedins have done.

Archived