To Van: Erik Karlsson

To Ott: Erik Gudbranson

Jake Virtanen 

Nikolay Goldobin 

Julien Brisebois 

2019 1st round pick

2018 2nd round pick

2018 3rd round pick 

So, a pending UFA who looks to be testing free agency, a forward prospect that looks to be a bust at 6th overall, another forward prospect that hasn't made any waves whatsoever, not even the right Brisebois ( :picard: ), not the 2018 pick (which they'd want), a 2nd round pick (33% chance of making the NHL), and a 3rd (even less chance of making the NHL). For, quite literally, the best defenseman in the NHL.

Terrible.

39 minutes ago, HC20.0 said:

Not even close to enough for Karlsson. We'd have to give them Boeser + Horvat just to start with.

Likely starting with Boeser +, yeah.

Karlsson is not in the top 10 best defensemen in the NHL. He's the "Top 2". While Hedman and Doughty are phenomenal, both have years where they are slightly not as good or slightly better than previous. So, "slightly" off years. But it's easily arguable that Karlsson changes from best in the NHL, to 2nd best in the NHL, depending on what he does that week. Either way, he's the best of the best. No ifs, ands, or buts. You don't offer Gudbranson, Virtanen, Goldobin, the wrong Brisebois, and those picks, and realistically think the Sens are just going to hand him over. Watch EVERY team in the NHL think of a more attractive offer in a matter of seconds.

Here:

Edmonton: Puljujarvi and their 2018 1st (lottery pick)
Winnipeg: Trouba, Roslovic, and a 1st

Calgary: Fox, Kylington, Parsons, Stone, Bennett

Colorado: Jost, Landeskog

Montreal: Galchenyuk, 2018 1st

And even then, Ottawa probably says no, but all are more attractive than the slew of misfits they'd get in this deal from the Canucks.

2 hours ago, Monty said:

Edmonton: Puljujarvi and their 2018 1st (lottery pick)
Winnipeg: Trouba, Roslovic, and a 1st

Calgary: Fox, Kylington, Parsons, Stone, Bennett

Colorado: Jost, Landeskog

Montreal: Galchenyuk, 2018 1st

And even then, Ottawa probably says no, but all are more attractive than the slew of misfits they'd get in this deal from the Canucks.

As you mentioned, I still don't think Ottawa accepts any of those deals.  To be in the conversation it would have to be Draisaitl + Nurse.  I think the cost is that high, maybe even more.  One elite top young player plus one other very good young player.  

What about that suggestion: Draisaitl + Nurse for Karlsson.  Who wins?  Would either team do it?  Seems about fair in my mind as Edmonton needs a change and an elite d-man, Draisaitl is very expensive which offsets the cost that Karlsson will demand.  Ottawa gets a franchise centerman (sorry Duchene), and a likely #1 pairing d man.  Makes sense to me.  Obviously the major risk is if Karlsson ends up leaving. Maybe significant conditional picks, or a contract extension before the trade, would need to be included.

Karlsson will go the extent of his term into full Free Agency.  He will set the new standard.  

Which means Ottawa is probably going to lose him,. As will any other team that trades for him,. Which means that the closer he gets to Free Agency, the less Ottawa will probably get for him.

To have Karlsson, a legit #1 Dman, a Team Captain, a mentor, for one full season at 6.5m, with our D core, helping to develop the likes of a Stetcher, Pouliotte, Joulevi, Hutton, Mceneny, Brisboise, would be an outstanding move by the Canucks given where the Team is in development.

If we were one of the teams in on his list of 10 to be traded.

I would trade Tanev, Dahlen or Goldobrin (or both), and a 1st in 2019.

We then lose both, Karlsson at 6.5m and Edler 6m in 2019, by trade, or contract expiry.

Leaving approx 12m in capspace to Re-sign Karlsson, or go after another legit #1 Dman..  

the 2019-2020 season should be less about having a top 10pick, and more about solidifying or bolstering the Team that’s built.

15 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Someone had to do one! 

To Van: Erik Karlsson

To Ott: Erik Gudbranson

Jake Virtanen 

Nikolay Goldobin 

Julien Brisebois 

2019 1st round pick

2018 2nd round pick

2018 3rd round pick 

Maybe if were lucky we can sign Kane and draft Brady Tkachuk 

2018/2019 line up

Kane Horvat Boesser 

Pettersson Tkachuk Gagner 

Beartchi Sutter Granlund 

Gaunce Gaudette Eriksson 

Dowd

Edler Karlsson

Juolevi Stetcher 

Hutton Tanev 

Biega 

Markstrom 

Demko 

No way Not a chance not worth it

11 hours ago, rekker said:

If I'm Vegas. I would go after him hard. They have the assets and my guess is he would sign an extension there.

Vegas is in a really interesting spot.  Prior to the expansion draft they were taking bad contracts in exchange for young assets.  However now that they're so good, do they stick with the original plan, or do they compete now?  I wouldn't be suprised if they throw a boat load of money at Tavares this offseason and/or Karlsson or Ekman-Larson next off season.

3 minutes ago, underrated said:

Vegas is in a really interesting spot.  Prior to the expansion draft they were taking bad contracts in exchange for young assets.  However now that they're so good, do they stick with the original plan, or do they compete now?  I wouldn't be suprised if they throw a boat load of money at Tavares this offseason and/or Karlsson or Ekman-Larson next off season.

Agreed.

Some of these offers here are putrid bad. Seriously, no ones even offering up the 2018 draft 1st rounder. The guardian didn't even offer up a 1st! Granted at least Tanev was included.

Try 2018 1st, 2018 2nd, Juolevi, Demko, Stecher.

If they insist on trying to remain competitive swap Stecher for Tanev and adjust the deal

That is the minimum you would have to pay for a year and a half of Karlsson and other teams likely still put out better offers. Makes no sense gutting our prospects for a rental when were consistently near the bottom of the standings

Starts with Demko Pettersson and our 1st this year + more pieces. Maybe even ask for Boeser.

Jake is a 3rd liner right now and maybe only a 3rd liner. Goldy is bordering on a reclamation project territory. Brisebois at best could be a 6th D-man. Karlsson isn't just one of the best d-men in the league he is one of the best PLAYERS in the league. He's not worth it to acquire, especially for a team already hurting for elite young talent.

10 hours ago, underrated said:

Still no thoughts on Draisatl + Nurse for Karlsson if he agrees to a contract extension with Edmonton (around 10 mil a year)?

Karlsson will demand a bit more than 10. Drai and Nurse are both solid assets but I think it would take a sweetener to get the deal done. What that sweetener is I'm not entirely sure. Don't think its worth Edmonton to consider. Nurse and Drai are both near McDavids age and Edmonton can build around them

That said it would be pretty funny watching McDavid and Karlsson flying around on the same team

On 19/01/2018 at 10:37 PM, HC20.0 said:

Not even close to enough for Karlsson. We'd have to give them Boeser + Horvat just to start with.

Not so sure given that Karlsson huge pay day comes up in just over a year.  Maybe if he signed with us for term a deal like that could be done, if we only have his services for a year the OP isn't too unrealistic.

Archived