The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do you want Jim Benning re-signed? (Discussion/Poll)

J.I.A.H.N

Do you want Jim Benning re-signed?  

245 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

get off the fence people

he either has proven himself in his current deal

and you resign him... 4 years.. to let him carry on his good work

or he has not proven himself

and you simply part ways with him

no tryout contract for 1 or 2 years

cuz that would give him a 6 year tryout

and that is just plain silly

1 minute ago, MrCanuck94 said:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/benning-vs-holland-if-you-could-only-pick-1-which-would-you-rather-have.2438373/

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/benning-vs-gillis.2434111/

Who are these people?!? Crazy.

Benning for 3 years, we're really gonna appreciate him later more so than right now.

Those guys are nuts.  I need a shower each time I go there and read the tripe.  Dont want to offend the young readers here but I suspect most of those guys are in their late teens to mid - 20s that have never seen the Canucks in a down cycle and need immediate gratification.

18 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

Trevor must do the dirty deed.   He is asking for it sooner rather than later.  Bennings words.

16 guys in 30 days its easy TREV. 

No he wants to know what his future is one way or the other. Is that too much to ask?

I'm sure it's stressful not knowing if he's going to have a job or where he's going to be living in 3 months.

No.

I like brock too but hitting on a bpa doesn't do enough for me.  Even if he is masterminding a rebuild (sure) one day we'll want to contend again and this is not the guy I trust to make the right moves to build a contender. Demote him to the scouting department since that's his first love and get a savvy GM in here 

PS, the poll forces you to choose a term.

51 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

it is too bad, we can't vote for new owners. they should leave hockey decisions to hockey people, no, not cdc.

Are you upset the poll is massively in favor of Benning?

3 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

Not how you approach this in the public eye.    Sure its stressful but that's what he signed up for.    Addressing   his childrens situation at school on a public interview is poor judgement from a professional as far as I'm concerned.   Maybe he should have brought that up to Trevor behind closed doors no?    Like if I'm his boss I'm going to say What's up with that Jim?  But I don't think that was just loose lips speaking.  It was a mercy call.    

Umm pretty sure players bring up their families all the time when it comes to negotiating contracts.

Nothing wrong with it at all.

44 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

get off the fence people

he either has proven himself in his current deal

and you resign him... 4 years.. to let him carry on his good work

or he has not proven himself

and you simply part ways with him

no tryout contract for 1 or 2 years

cuz that would give him a 6 year tryout

and that is just plain silly

It is a good point.......just wish you would show us how you voted......

Understanding that it is your right not to tell us.....just interested!

2 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

Not on a radio talk show that my kids are getting bullied.   What you thinks coming down the pipe now, Monday morning?    Poor judgement pure and simple.

Go address that stuff at school not on a radio talk show. dumb move.  He just singled out his kids.  geezuz    Not something I would do considering how many ways that could go sideways

Lol, who cares?

People complain when GMs give nothing in interviews and then complain when they're too candid. Give it a rest already.

I could care less what he says on a radio show. All I care about is that he does the job he was hired to do here. And so far he's done just that.

1 minute ago, chilliwiggins said:

Not on a radio talk show that my kids are getting bullied.   What you thinks coming down the pipe now, Monday morning?    Poor judgement pure and simple.

Go address that stuff at school not on a radio talk show. dumb move.  He just singled out his kids.  geezuz    Not something I would do considering how many ways that could go sideways

JB’s kids should be completely left alone at school, and elsewhere, when it concerns their dad and his job with the Canucks.  I can see why some hockey people take their talents to US cities, where they (and their families) can live in relative obscurity.  I just wish Aqualini would either sign JB to an extension or let him go.  What’s the point in letting JB dangle in the wind like this?  

Archived