The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Rick Nash submits no-trade list to Rangers

21 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

What a return of Nash would look like.. i have no  idea.  anyone know the term left on his deal?

If he has 1 year left with his 7.9 cap hit.  If NYR ate that.. man a team looking to get a push to get themselves over the hump.. he could be that piece.  he has 25 points in 52 games.  So just around second line production.  A veteran like him though always has the chance to elevate their game if they feel this could be their last chance at a cup run.  I could see him fitting in nicely in Tampa to be honest.  I just do not know if they can afford him or if he would be worth bumping a guy out of the lineup.  They got a pretty good thing going on in Tampa.  Anaheim, Winnipeg, or even Boston could be good fits.  (I'd imagine he'd say no to the peg).  Probably out east is his best spot unless LA or a border line team wants to pony up.  I would pay a reasonable price if my team was either entering or currently in its prime.    Damn this throws a big fish into the little bowl of free agency.

2.png

3 minutes ago, mll said:

UFA at 7.8M with NYR willing to retain 50%.

Half cap hit eaten makes his contract 3.9 million I believe it is.  That's a hefty contract but a team looking to make a push he could be a very valuable asset.  But the way of vets coming in to save the day is starting to go out the window.  I am very curious.  he could alter some cup favorites.  I could see a revitalized Nash.  I would send them Vanek but obviously that does not make sense unless they want to shed cap to make a push.  the rangers are only 2 points out of the final wildcard spot.  

1 hour ago, b3. said:

Guaranteed every single Canadian franchise are one of those no go teams.

Pretty sure it was Nash that refused to be traded to a Canadian team when the Blue Jackets were shopping him. Kind of annoys me that a lot of Canadian players refuse to play in their own country. 

With the rumours of NY ready to eat half of Nash and McDonagh and Tampa's history of trades with the Rangers as well as their rumoured interest in McDonagh

One has to wonder if Tampa wouldn't offer an absolute ransom for Nash and McDonagh

2018 and 2019 1sts and 3rds, Foote, Johnson for Nash and McDonagh at 50% retained on both players

Tell me that wouldn't make Tampa the most clear cut favorite in decades

1 hour ago, apollo said:

You could be right.

I really have no respect for Canadian players that don't wana play for their home country though and chose dumpsters like NY to play. 

Playing for a team located in Canada =/= playing FOR Canada

6 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

Playing for a team located in Canada =/= playing FOR Canada

I disagree with that statement. 

When Burnaby Colorado Loving Joe won cups for the Avs he brought joy to Americans. Had he done it in Vancouver, he would be bringing joy to millions of Canadians instead. 

You bring joy to Canadians when you play at home. Not when you play in the US.

14 minutes ago, apollo said:

I disagree with that statement. 

When Burnaby Colorado Loving Joe won cups for the Avs he brought joy to Americans. Had he done it in Vancouver, he would be bringing joy to millions of Canadians instead. 

You bring joy to Canadians when you play at home. Not when you play in the US.

Right so in the Super Bowl last night, which country won? The Americans or the Americans? 

12 minutes ago, rekker said:

Unless your 2011  Canucks. The country hated us. CBC didn't do much to help.

I mean in all fairness, I'd rather see any American team win the cup over Edmonton or Toronto. To simpler minds that may seem "unpatriotic" or something, but what can you do.

3 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

I mean in all fairness, I'd rather see any American team win the cup over Edmonton or Toronto. To simpler minds that may seem "unpatriotic" or something, but what can you do.

Oh 100 percent behind you on that. Except I would add the Flames to the list. 

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

With the rumours of NY ready to eat half of Nash and McDonagh and Tampa's history of trades with the Rangers as well as their rumoured interest in McDonagh

One has to wonder if Tampa wouldn't offer an absolute ransom for Nash and McDonagh

2018 and 2019 1sts and 3rds, Foote, Johnson for Nash and McDonagh at 50% retained on both players

Tell me that wouldn't make Tampa the most clear cut favorite in decades

I wouldn't put it pass them that they may go for a veteran backup goalie too.  Louis Domingue has been average on a very good team, I'd think Steve Yzerman might look for a cheap veteran goalie to give insurance to Andrei Vasilevsky.

Is it crazy to suggest...back to Columbus?

Blue Jackets are strong in net and on the blueline. Since the emergence of PLD, they are pretty strong down the middle too. They could probably use more size and scoring on the wing, though, and a bit more veteran presence never hurts. They have $4.9 mil of pro-rated cap space, so they could add him without subtracting anything.

Add in Nash playing for Torts for a year (2012-13 lockout shortened season, in which he had 21 goals in 44 games), plus the additional fan interest, and it seems like a perfect fit.

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Back in 2011/2012 Nahs refused to go to Canada and stated he didn't want the pressure of playing in the microscope of Canadian markets.  Plus he's a depth guy now.  The Jets might be the best fit but hard to see who he displaces

Brampton-raised Rick Nash — a power forward looking for a way out of the lowly Columbus Blue Jackets — will not approve a trade to his once-beloved Maple Leafs.

The Columbus Dispatch uncovered the six teams that Nash would approve a trade to, and none of them are in Canada.

Nash’s list of “approved” destinations are: Boston, Detroit, New York Rangers, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and San Jose.

Nash has represented Canada seven times internationally, winning Olympic gold in 2010 and world championship gold in 2007. But it appears to NBC analyst Brian Engblom that Nash wants to avoid the microscope that comes with playing hockey in Canada.

“It says he wants to get away,” Engblom, now an NBC analyst, told the Dispatch. “Every guy is different. Look at the kid (Justin Schultz) that just signed with Edmonton as a free agent. From what I could tell, he only wanted to play in Canada. I played in Canadian and U.S. markets, and I can tell you, it is different. To each his own. Some guys thrive on being under that microscope, of having that daily pressure of everybody watching you. And some guys really don’t like that.”

oh really

so we might hear an announcement out of new york that "rick nash has been traded to the rangers for future considerations and the team is retaining 50% of his contract value for the current season"

does anyone else find it odd/curious that the islanders and new jersey did not make his list?  these 2 teams are pretty local to where he presently lives and both have prospects of some success in a playoff run.. well i guess the islanders do need to improve quickly just to make the playoffs

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I wouldn't put it pass them that they may go for a veteran backup goalie too.  Louis Domingue has been average on a very good team, I'd think Steve Yzerman might look for a cheap veteran goalie to give insurance to Andrei Vasilevsky.

Here's the awesome thing.

As of the TDL, if they added the combined $6.1 million for Nash and McDonagh, they'd STILL have over $3 million in cap space to add another piece.

It's hard to argue that Yzerman isn't doing an amazing job right now.  He trained under Bowman in Det as coach for over a decade, he trained under Bowman again as VP and alt governor until 2010.  That gives him some pretty amazing chops to walk in to a GM role

Then he walked in to a Tampa club with Hedman/Stamkos and some pretty awesome depth, he also managed to cash in on St Louis and net himself a pretty 3rd overall and absolutely slaughtered the 2011 and 2012 drafts while netting a few more gems along the way in Point and some NCAA names.  

This guy literally had everything laid out for him after training under one of the greats and if he doesn't win a cup in the next 3 years I'll wear a bolts jersey every nucks game for a full season

2 hours ago, Bitter Melon said:

Right so in the Super Bowl last night, which country won? The Americans or the Americans? 

It was US team vs US team... 

IDC if it's the Leafs in the final, the Jets, Oilers, w.e... I'll %100 cheer for the Canadian team over any team in America.

Archived