The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT - VANCOUVER VS TAMPA BAY

Where'd Luongo?

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Methinks Benning isn't getting a new contract. Hopefully the same goes for the Sedins. 

None of the vets deserve to return and aside from  o, Brock and Troy, the rest should be availabe. 

Aside from some decent drafting, management has misread the team's abilities, mismanaged aging vets that could have added assets and brought in vets that bring nothing of value to a rebuilding team. 

Got a feeling aquaman is going to clean house.  Too many valuable young assets to leave in the hands of this group.

4 minutes ago, Isam said:

Who would you pick deniro? If we're not going with Benning, do we go with a brisebois or verbeek?

I haven't put too much thought into it to be honest. It would probably be someone no one thought of anyways.

I'm just thinking his ability to draft when we're continuing to get top 5 picks might be losing its luster. Building a team may be where we're at after this draft, and Bennings track record there leaves alot to be desired.

So much negativity and fire Jim chatter. Wow, the team has bottomed out and is re-stocking the cupboards after a huge gut towards a cup that almost succeeded. Give Benning a chance to get rid of some NM contracts and rebuild through the draft. It's going well in my opinion. I only wish we would have truly tanked last year.

2 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Even Brock has gravitated to play like the Sedins....now that is some strong leadership ...it reminds me of the "Married with Children" episode where the personal trainer started smoking and drinking beer...after trying to get Al or his wife in shape...take the path of least resistance.

he looks a bit off today, but i don't buy that. Rookie will slump once in a while. We expect him to wow us every game, but that not sustainable 

One last time, 

SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT 

Archived