The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks turned down offer of a 2nd and 4th for Gudbranson

Adarsh Sant

2 minutes ago, Screw said:

I think we all would jump for joy if we drafted a player like Gudbranson with a 2nd round pick.   Garbage offer.

Yes, it's a garbage offer, but Botchtroll makes it sound like Benning really messed up. A Leafs 2nd and 4th, for example, would almost be an early 3rd and 5th - for a 6'5" R-shot D entering his prime. Garbage offer.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

It would be nice to get some actual opinions from hockey professionals on this. I think it was LeBrun who had a quote from "one GM from a playoff team" that said he'd do that deal in a heartbeat (sorry can't find the quote anymore, maybe someone else has it). I'd really like to know what the majority of GMs think of the move, but thats like work man, effort and all  that. 

Here it is, Jimmy:

.@PierreVLeBrun: The first reaction I got from a GM yesterday (on the Gudbranson contract numbers)...was that he would do that in a heartbeat. And that was a playoff team #canucksNHL_2017_2018_Canucks.png

Notice that LeBrun/McKenzie/Dhaliwal don't really insert too much personal opinion into the mix.

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Here it is, Jimmy:

.@PierreVLeBrun: The first reaction I got from a GM yesterday (on the Gudbranson contract numbers)...was that he would do that in a heartbeat. And that was a playoff team #canucksNHL_2017_2018_Canucks.png

Notice that LeBrun/McKenzie/Dhaliwal don't really insert too much personal opinion into the mix.

I guess Pierre could have added "Damn....." at the end but that would have just made him look like an idiot. 

Seeing as this fool is a Canucks writer, shouldn't he be writing articles to appease fans and support the team? We get enough negativity and disrespect from the rest of the league and other fans. Why couldn't he write about what a good job JB did by hanging on to Guddy and not being fleeced by Lou or any other crooked GM out there. He negotiated an excellent contract for Gudbranson. Knowing the importance of keeping a player with size and snarl on the back end, how he will be great once the prospects arrive. Botchtroll is so negative, I wish there was something we could do to have him removed from being involved with the Canucks.

11 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Thoughts?

Thoughts? Botchford sucks at his job and has been on such an anti Guddy and Benning agenda I don't doubt he made this up.  

As for that offer....I'd rather a tough D man who can protect the kids we're about to bring up next year.  

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Seeing as this fool is a Canucks writer, shouldn't he be writing articles to appease fans and support the team? We get enough negativity and disrespect from the rest of the league and other fans. Why couldn't he write about what a good job JB did by hanging on to Guddy and not being fleeced by Lou or any other crooked GM out there. He negotiated an excellent contract for Gudbranson. Knowing the importance of keeping a player with size and snarl on the back end, how he will be great once the prospects arrive. Botchtroll is so negative, I wish there was something we could do to have him removed from being involved with the Canucks.

Crotchburn is either an employee of the Province or a freelance writer who sell his dreck to the Province. He is under no obligation to appease fans or support the team.

That being said, he should have any and all interview privileges revoked going forward, as he does anything and everything to undermine the team. He parrots the analytics "community's" approach to hockey completely.

9 hours ago, b3. said:

If this was true Dhaliwal would have tweeted about it.

Dhaliwal has become the #1 guy in Vancouver's sports media for me. Ran into him up here when we had training camp...nice dude and loved to chat about the team and Vancouver sports in general.  

9 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Crotchburn is either an employee of the Province or a freelance writer who sell his dreck to the Province. He is under no obligation to appease fans or support the team.

That being said, he should have any and all interview privileges revoked going forward, as he does anything and everything to undermine the team. He parrots the analytics "community's" approach to hockey completely.

I see, yes, that makes sense. He should be writing for the Enquirer instead.

I'd be curious to know if the other 6 Canadian teams media have writers just like Crotchburn (I like that one), who bash the home team's players and management like he does. 

4 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Dhaliwal has become the #1 guy in Vancouver's sports media for me. Ran into him up here when we had training camp...nice dude and loved to chat about the team and Vancouver sports in general.  

Totally agree.  He's a football guy, who knows his place in the hockey market is limited to presenting others' opinions, not his own.

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I'd be curious to know if the other 6 Canadian teams media have writers just like Crotchburn (I like that one), who bash the home team's players and management like he does. 

Occasionally. One of the more recent examples I can think of is the Edmonton press ****ing all over Al Montoya because he doesn't do pre-game interviews.

9 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I hear that Toronto and Montreal have pretty horrible media personnel too.

I think it's the way sports reporting has gone with the advent of Twitter, and the decline of writing skill and being unbiased and factual.

It's funny that a 2nd and a 4th was thrown out there. That's exactly what the snivellers wanted, so they could whine that we traded McCann for Candella.

BotchFergie, Crotchford, Crotchturd; among others. A well earned reputation from one of the worst of our local clowns.

9 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Just so we're clear.  Read through the comments on that tweet, he was asked numerous times to provide a source and refused too, then when called out as fake news threatened to block people.

So ya...grain of salt on this Botch please

His responses on that tweet are the definition of gutless. I love that folks are calling him out for being a complete oxygen thief.

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Totally agree.  He's a football guy, who knows his place in the hockey market is limited to presenting others' opinions, not his own.

I think the "football guy" you're thinking of is Farhan Lalji. He coaches High School in New West. Daliwall does a great job reporting Canuck NEWS, and doesn't have an axe to grind.

Archived