The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks turned down offer of a 2nd and 4th for Gudbranson

Adarsh Sant

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

criticism used to mean a thoughtful analysis and conclusion on some topic. Now its who can fling poo the fastest in under 140 characters. Botchy doesn't criticize anything, he lights fires like a psychotic 10 year old and watches the action. 

It doesn't surprise me at all that he's found a home for himself on twitter, that forum lends itself to snap judgements, snarky remarks and very little room for actual debate. But I guess if you enjoy that fill your boots, at least its free. 

What’s an example of him doing that

2 hours ago, Rush17 said:

I think the only person worse in the Vancouver media is Tony Gallagher.  He is an angry old dude who only $&!# talks players and management.  I have no idea how he got into the bc hockey hall of fame. totally inappropriate the guy has lost his marbles.  maybe he was reputable when he was younger but man he's impossible to listen too.

he was always insufferable to listen to.  Unfortunately Vancouver has a rich history of sports media asshats and guys like Neil McRae easily lapped Tony Gallagher.  Tony had to amp up the whinging to earn some market share of the demographic that spoons off that stuff.

unfortunately any insular person can write bad sports journalism.

just google the crypt -keeper's article 'why the Neely trade cost the Canucks the 2011 Stanley Cup' and you'll see how bent in fantasy space he is - the perfect mentor to B-otch.

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

criticism used to mean a thoughtful analysis and conclusion on some topic. Now its who can fling poo the fastest in under 140 characters. Botchy doesn't criticize anything, he lights fires like a psychotic 10 year old and watches the action. 

I

If Gud uses his size and strength (his assets) to his advantage and plays physical every game, then  he will be invaluable to the Canucks in the next 3 years...and,

He doesn't even have to fight...unless the other team is picking a fight.

JV must also use his size and strength (his assets) to his advantage.

If both these things happen every game, the Canucks will be a force to contend, then factor in Archie, Tryamkin, Edler MacEwen, Horvat, and possibly Brady Tkachuk,, this team has become a force to play against....can also throw Kane in the mix...I really do think it's time for the Sedins to retire.

Gudbranson was so intimidating and scary on the PK against the Avs...honestly SHOCKING how the Avs scored 5 PP goals while he ws out there. He is easily the best PK'er on this team and with his size and STRENGTH and meanness, I'm incredibly shocked.

Shocked I say.

34 minutes ago, oldnews said:

he was always insufferable to listen to.  Unfortunately Vancouver has a rich history of sports media asshats and guys like Neil McRae easily lapped Tony Gallagher.  Tony had to amp up the whinging to earn some market share of the demographic that spoons off that stuff.

unfortunately any insular halfwit can write/spew bad sports journalism.

just google the crypt -keeper's article 'why the Neely trade cost the Canucks the 2011 Stanley Cup' and you'll see how bent in fantasy space he is - the perfect mentor to B-otch.

I believe that he is a mentor to Crotch, and Platersson.

Who knows, maybe it went something like this:

LL: Hi Jim, it's Lou

JB: Hey Lou, taking good care of Marner for us? lol

LL: Very funny Jim, but the reason I'm calling is we're looking for a big right shot Dman for our playoff run. I wonder what it would take to get Gudbranson from you.

JB: I don't know Lou, he's going to be a big part of our core going forward. But if I had to make an offer I'd say, 'how bout your 1st this year, or for Marner straight up?'

LL: Cmon Jim, Leafs fans would kill me. How about a 2nd and a 4th?

JB: Haha, really Lou? Sorry, we're not prepared to accept that offer. Gudbranson is worth more than that.

LL: Okay, well, I needed to try Jim.

JB: Nice try at that Lou. Have a good day.

(hangs up and hears a noise outside his office)

JB: Botchtroll? What are you doing here? Get away from my office! Security!

(and Botchtroll scurries away like the rat he is)

(Later on, in the sewers of Vancouver, Botchtroll carefully crafts a Tweet on the deal that never happened)

1 minute ago, Tony Romo said:

Is he supposed to name his source?

not saying he has one but if he does he wouldn’t name him

the question mark is a clear giveaway that he himself has no source.

and another poster has indicated where this originates - it was a IMac hypothetical.

So for example, say you and I are having a conversation and I suggest:

"wouldn't it suck if the Canucks dumped Hutton for a 7th round pick."

And you post on CDC:

"I heard the Canucks turned down a 7th round pick for Hutton."

This is the level of necessary-'substance' it takes for Botchford to introduce this Mr Floatie matter.

2nd + 4th... tempting, but I'm glad Jimbo didn't take it considering he managed to re-sign for 3 years 4 AAV.

If Guddy wanted Orpik money, like 5.5 over 6 years, then I'd have no problem trading him for a 2nd + 4th. 

Well done Jimbo! 

Archived