The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Retirement] The Sedins to retire at the end of the season

HerrDrFunk

58 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Will these be the first true career Canucks in the HHOF?

Absolutely amazing that these two guys who weren't the biggest, the fastest, did not have big booming shots could have such amazing careers, even being the best in the league for a couple of years.  True testament to their character and work ethic,

On top of that they sound like truly amazing people, good family men and very involved in charities.  

Okay grammar police, does an apostrophe belong in Canucks when talking both in the possessive and plural?  Canucks, Canucks', Canuck's, Canuckses?

Not grammar police, but I used to be in the business of correcting grammar.  Usually I wouldn't bother, but since you asked ... Canucks' is the proper spelling as a plural possessive word.

In announcing their retirement, the Sedins were classy as usual.  They are making way for the young players even though they showed that they can still produce.  I guess they don't want to overstay and be a liability to the team in the future.  Now it's up to another pair of classy guys, Bo and Brock, to carry the torch. 

10 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Canuckseseseseses

Canucks'eses's feels right

The apostrophes represent tears for all the fans finding it 'sad'. I mean, my 9yr old cried but he's since found level ground and the beautiful careers this retirement represents.

We should all be happy for them

Sedinery will be missed...remember watching some games live in Cotown where they had so many shifts where they dominated.The building was 1/3 full of Canuck fans and the buzz they created with the fans was electrifying. It will be a good day watching their jerseys rise to the rafters.

It will def be bittersweet to see them go. Probably the first set of players that I really remember as rookies and watched throughout the years. Watched them grow as players and people, it's been great treat. It also kinda makes me feel old. ;)

Best of luck to them and their families where ever they end up.

22 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

image.jpeg.2bd225190e545c78e1244d45b191e080.jpeg

We shall rebuild by the light of the fire that the retired set ablaze

Keep the past in our hearts as we advance and ignite a new flame 

With this torch carried forth to burn our enemies, they will fall

Ride like lightning on the backs of the new leaders to win it all

TO WAR!

I wonder if we see Burr, Hansen, and / or Vanek Brought back. Both burr and Vanek could be great interim captians. (If the org felt them the right fit). Not sure if burr will be back in the NHL and whether Vanek wants that responsibility. Prob a guy who's currently on the roster.

A huge thank you to the Sedins. Too many memories to count. One thing I do remember is saying to my dad around d when they were winning the scoring titles was; “Dad, what we are witnessing here is something special”. 

From the Sedin drinking game early in their careers to the magic they created and the jaw dropping plays throughout. It was all fun. 

The only annoying part is that I normally only watch playoff hockey live on TV because of the time difference. Now, I’ll have to watch the next three all live, starting at 4am. 

Goodbye sleep, good bye to the Sedins.

Thank you

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

I wonder if we see Burr, Hansen, and / or Vanek Brought back. Both burr and Vanek could be great interim captians. (If the org felt them the right fit). Not sure if burr will be back in the NHL and whether Vanek wants that responsibility. Prob a guy who's currently on the roster.

Love Burr and Hansen, love em. But that's just hanging on. 

The twins retirement is an open door to letting go of the past and starting anew. 

You've had 8 hrs and now it's time to just embrace the youth movement. Don't go call an ex girlfriend/boyfriend. Get over it. That's what the twins would want

Archived