The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Retirement] The Sedins to retire at the end of the season

HerrDrFunk

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

So, noticed as they were heading down the tunnel for the last time, one of the Ref's was waiting for them and pulled them both into the officiating room.

Some type of special presentation on behalf of the NHL Officials perhaps?

More likely, seeking autographs or other memorabilia, just like any other hockey fan.  If fellow players can ask for signed sticks and stuff, why not officials?

1 hour ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

The way they've shown respect and class despite a loss, has greatly shot up their standings in my books. The commaderie displayed in light of the emotional evening this already was, punched me right in the feels.

Shark fan here congratulating to the brothers for their amazing career. Made the league better with their incredible complimentary skills and total class act. 

Disappointing season for the fan base but this is something to celebrate as this is truely a unique story. 

Congrats to you fans fans as you witnessed something very special. See you next season as I know you guys will be back strong. 

#rivalsmakethegamegreat

3 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Draft lottery numbers 2 22 33 3, these numbers belong to the Vancouver Canucks!

make it happen hockey gods, Sedin's didn't win the cup, let us win the Lottery this year.  Dhalin is destined to play with Pettersson!

You may want to take a look at this guy for the not so distant future. 

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/23031303/meet-hughes-brothers-america-future-first-family-hockey-nhl

These two.   What more needs saying?

I can't remember the last time something rendered me speechless, but last night I was in awe as I watched their magic for the last time in person.  Every single second of it..from the way that they carry themselves on the ice to how they respond before and after.

I won't ramble on, this is totally about them and I just want to savour what I experienced last night.  I just wish them the very best of everything in life, for that's what they gave us when they were here.....

Archived