The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Get two 1st? -Trade Chris Tanev and our first to NYI

1 minute ago, Mr.hockey604 said:

How to get an additional 1st?

To NYI: Chris Tanev and our first.

To Vancouver: Both NYI first round picks (11,12) plus their second.

If Brady Tkatchuk falls to 7 we might get both 11 and 12 just for him.  Then we get to keep Tanev. 

I'd rather trade Tanev for a 1st and a prospect, and keep ours.  There are a lot of teams who's defence was exposed this year, and FA isn't looking strong for D, which means Tanev has solid value to someone who needs a responsible top pairing (second pairing on superior team) defensemen.

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If Brady Tkatchuk falls to 7 we might get both 11 and 12 just for him.  Then we get to keep Tanev. 

That would be phenomenal, depending on who else is on the board at that point (e.g. Hughes).  It would still also be possible to convert Tanev for another 1st.

I think there is going to be a massive premium on picks this year as some teams want in who are currently not.   More demand than supply will lead to overpayment.   I don't think Vancouver is deep enough to get into an overpayment situation.

39 minutes ago, Mr.hockey604 said:

According to Benning, there's a tier of 7 players they're really looking. Since I'm not a scout, I don't think that the drop is huge (e.g., Hughes, Boqvist, Dobson, Bouchard, Smith all have pluses and minuses; Tkachuk, Wahlstrom, Kotkaniemi all look good), but from how I read between the lines, I believe Benning thinks the drop is significant. If I were to guess, Tanev and the second for the 12 may not offset that drop. Here are some examples of why they may think there's a drop:

• maybe Benning does think that Boqvist has Karlsson potential
  • despite his lack of size, Quinn Hughes has looked very good so far playing against pros at the World Championships
  • some people actually think that Wahlstrom is a better talent than Tkachuk

33 minutes ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

According to Benning, there's a tier of 7 players they're really looking. Since I'm not a scout, I don't think that the drop is huge (e.g., Hughes, Boqvist, Dobson, Bouchard, Smith all have pluses and minuses; Tkachuk, Wahlstrom, Kotkaniemi all look good), but from how I read between the lines, I believe Benning thinks the drop is significant. If I were to guess, Tanev and the second for the 12 may not offset that drop. Here are some examples of why they may think there's a drop:

• maybe Benning does think that Boqvist has Karlsson potential
  • despite his lack of size, Quinn Hughes has looked very good so far playing against pros at the World Championships
  • some people actually think that Wahlstrom is a better talent than Tkachuk

He'd be best off saying this even if he was considering dropping down to maximize the return.  I'm strongly in favour of keeping the pick and giving Benning his first choice.

1 hour ago, Mr.hockey604 said:

NOOOOOOOOO. If there is a player at 7 the islanders wanted bad enough it’d cost em both of there picks just for ours. If they want tanev too. It’d also be 2019 1st plus a prospect. I’m all for adding another 1st but not overpaying for one.

2 hours ago, Mr.hockey604 said:

Response to your Proposal 

Ok,  I put some pretty questionable trade proposals on here, so I will answer you with this way......(probably another stupid post by me)

7th overall = 11th OA + 12 OA or pretty close

Tanev = mid 1st + mid 2nd

so

Vancouver gets 3 firsts and 1 second for what you offered

so 

Vancouver then offers Chicago

NYI's (12 OA) + Mid 1st (part of Tanev deal)

and gets Chicago's(8th) 

so Vancouver ends up with

- Chicago's 1st (8th OA) - one spot back of where we are now (7th OA)

- NYI's 1st (11th OA)

- The mid 2nd

I think you under estimated our 7th OA + Tanev

Where would their second be placed? Top 14? What was their pre lottery odds placement again?  

If it's the 

7th + Tanev

For the

11th + 12th + 40th

I have a hard time saying no to that.  Believe the word is the top 40 players have a lot of upside.  Having 4 picks in the top 40 would be huge.

I think we would almost be forced too. That would be huge step forward.

Edit: I looked it up it would be the 41st pick. Easy decision.  Let's make it happen Jimbo!

4 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Overpayment on our end. 

We get their second as well.

We would have picks:

Pick 11 (Round 1)

Pick 12 (Round 1)

Pick 37 (Round 2)

Pick 41 (Round 2)

Pick 68 (Round 3)

All in the first three rounds.  Plus we have roster pieces such as Sven Baertschi and Ben Hutton believed to be on the block. Toss in 2-3 more picks in those rounds if we don't get roster pieces back. Hard to say no to that.

4 hours ago, Type R said:

I'd rather trade Tanev for a 1st and a prospect, and keep ours.  There are a lot of teams who's defence was exposed this year, and FA isn't looking strong for D, which means Tanev has solid value to someone who needs a responsible top pairing (second pairing on superior team) defensemen.

Madison Bowey and Washington's 1st?

Or is their pick not worth it.  Where is Bowey at. Is he an everyday NHLer now?

Archived