The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

16 minutes ago, Odd. said:

This is the full media scrum.

At 9:11, Ben Kuzma, your typical vancouver journalist...god that made me sick

How many different ways can they ask and reword "do you want to play in the NHL next year?"  Just like questions about his size, you can tell he already knows the media here and how to cut them off when they get like that.

:unsure:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

How many different ways can they ask and reword "do you want to play in the NHL next year?"  Just like questions about his size, you can tell he already knows the media here and how to cut them off when they get like that.

When Quinn said he wanted to play in Canada and the spotlight he probably wasn’t specifically thinking of our obnoxious media cohort.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Yes Boeser was, he had already played the year before and was our best scorer in the time he played. Horvat was aswell, coming into his first season Horvat was already one of our best faceoff men from the start & he had improved his skating more than enough to play.

And yet, just like now with Gaudette and Pettersson, there was no shortage of people advocating they start in Utica.  It's become a young man's game, and players are ready a lot earlier now because of improvements in development programs.  When players are NHL-ready they should play in the NHL. 

Pettersson is NHL-ready.

Gaudette is NHL-ready.

Hughes is NHL-ready.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Totally.  Nice point about Loui as well... that’s his jam.

Plus, we can always find someone with a big shot to pair with him.  He’s a rover.. not a 6’4 cannon that has to stay on the point.  He’s all over the ice. 

...and it’s not like he won’t have a pair of cannons to feed in Brock and Elias!

Absolutely! Elias’s shot amazes me. How he generates so much power in his shot. Kids gotta have that wiry strength.

• Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, Deathbyoompa said:

Hughes shot is weak but, from what I’ve seen he gets it to the goalie. More important than having a huge shot imo( see ankle buster Edler). If he can continue to sneak shots thru at the nhl level maybe we see a resurgence of Erickson cleaning up the garbage around the net.

We need to buy contracts like Eicksson’s out.  Same with Gagner, give players like Goldobin and Dahlen a chance.  

Edited by Pure961089

48 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

And yet, just like now with Gaudette and Pettersson, there was no shortage of people advocating they start in Utica.  It's become a young man's game, and players are ready a lot earlier now because of improvements in development programs.  When players are NHL-ready they should play in the NHL. 

Pettersson is NHL-ready.

Gaudette is NHL-ready.

Hughes is NHL-ready.

Add Dhalin

13 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

We need to buy contracts like Eicksson’s out.  Same with Gagner, give players like Goldobin and Dahlen a chance.  

Iam not overly concerned about Erickson atm. Buyout for him seems highly unlikely. Gagme can hit the trail though. Rather redundant at this point with the likes of Goldy and Dahlen waiting in the wings. Given the nasty run of bad luck concerning injuries. I have little doubt those young guns get a chance to play regardless of Gagme being here.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

I believe the Canucks will ice the best team possible. They have lacked depth the last three years with all the injuries. Could we see a NHL contract or two buried in the AHL? When you have youth you have two or three years of bargain contract space, so things may not be as bad as we hear the Toronto media saying. I get it for sure, Eastern Media is worried we might be a head of the rebuild and that makes a lot of teams look bad.

10 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

I think Erickson is going to end up squeezing I guy like Dahlen out.  We need to bite the bullet on him to get out from under his constricting, stifling, bloated contract.  

There’s no player currently on the Canucks that will go to the net like Dahlen.  The last players we had that went to the net like this were Burrows and Jansen in their prime.  Bo Horvat does sometimes but Dahlen goes to the net like a pitbull with regularity.   Dahlen is Honeybadger 2.0

Edited by Pure961089
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

I think Erickson is going to end up squeezing I guy like Dahlen out.  We need to bite the bullet on him to get out from under his constricting, stifling, bloated contract.  

Should just call Toronto or Chicago and get advise on how to get rid of the contract without buying it out. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Pettersson is NHL-ready.

Gaudette is NHL-ready.

Hughes is NHL-ready.

Were Jake Virtanen & Jared McCann NHL-ready too? What about the people advocating for them to go back?

I certainly wasn't one advocating for Boeser & Horvat to not play. And unlike Hughes, they had gone back after the draft, in Brock's case multiple years. Same with Pettersson & Gaudette. 

2 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

It's just aweful. Jeff Patterson is the worst. I am sure he'll be asking Quinn why he doesn't tape his stick a certain way or something. 

42 minutes ago, Analyst82 said:

Should just call Toronto or Chicago and get advise on how to get rid of the contract without buying it out. 

Eriksson could either “fail his physical” or “allergic to hockey equipment.”

• Haha 1