The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Maketherightmove said:

This is the response one receives to saying they think Hughes could use another year of development? 

Are you a child? 

That was a response one receives after joining 3 days ago to claim Hughes has looked worse than shaky.

No I am not.

Just now, 73 Percent said:

That was a response one receives after joining 3 days ago to claim Hughes has looked worse than shaky.

No I am not.

You can fanboy like crazy about him, I was just being realistic. 

Rathbone has looked better overall, and in MY opinion Hughes would be better served with another year of development. 

I know that’s an unpopular opinion but I don’t think it’s worthy of you getting your panties in a knot. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Maketherightmove said:

Rathbone has looked better overall, and in MY opinion Hughes would be better served with another year of development. 

I know that’s an unpopular opinion but I don’t think it’s worthy of you getting your panties in a knot. 

If we're basing a players level off of one shinny prospects game then I guess Palmu and DiPietro should be in the nhl next season.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, tas said:

would you rather have somewhere between $70,000 usd and $3,750,000 usd or $0 usd?

having watched quinn's interviews in their entirety, and having the benefit of tone, inflection and context, rather than merely reading transcribed snippets, I really don't get the impression that he'd prefer college over the ahl.

I watched his interview and heard the opposite.  His goal is to make the NHL but he said he'd do what management wants. Up until then, I thought great. Following that, he added if he doesn't make it the the NHL, he would like to go back to Michigan. This then made me realize his personal preference is to go back to Michigan but at the end of the day, he is a pro and will do what the team will think is best.

• Upvote 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

If we're basing a players level off of one shinny prospects game then I guess Palmu and DiPietro should be in the nhl next season.

I would say today Palmu is more seasoned and NHL ready, and if he performs in the AHL might see some time in the show. 

Unfortunately for Quinn his decision has to be made imminently, so this game is a valuable indicator of he’s ready or not unless they’re going to let him work it out in the A. 

All I said was I think he would be well suited with another year in the NCAA. Sue me. 

21 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

How did Hughes perform tonight???  Looks NHL ready? 

There will soon be six teams wondering how they could be so stupid to pass over Hughes.  He will, by far, be the most impactful playing in his draft.  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

There will soon be six teams wondering how they could be so stupid to pass over Hughes.  He will, by far, be the most impactful playing in his draft.  

Well Buffalo and Carolina gets a pass on this one. its the next 4 teams will look like dummies.  especially Phoenix and Montreal.

• Cheers 1

Just now, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Well Buffalo and Carolina gets a pass on this one. its the next 4 teams will look like dummies.  especially Phoenix and Montreal.

What the hell were the Habs and Yotes thinking?  I’m glad they were dumb, because their stupidity got us Hughes, of course.  

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Maketherightmove said:

I would say today Palmu is more seasoned and NHL ready, and if he performs in the AHL might see some time in the show. 

Unfortunately for Quinn his decision has to be made imminently, so this game is a valuable indicator of he’s ready or not unless they’re going to let him work it out in the A. 

All I said was I think he would be well suited with another year in the NCAA. Sue me. 

im not going to debate whether he should make the team already, but claiming this game is a valuable indicator is kinda far fetched.  Did you see him play with star NHLers at the world Championships where he did not look out of place?  I bet they are weighing those games a little more heavily than a shinny game where a bunch of guys he played with couldnt handle his passes.  in the end ill trust whatever decision they make.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Alflives said:

At most, 5. I don't think Buffalo will never regret drafting Dahlin. Though I do like Hughes chances to have bigger successes at the NHL level ahead of any of the 5 guys drafted from 2-6.

9 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I am really looking forward to this season. Having a fast, skilled, and physical Canucks team with Petterson and Hughes joining the corps is just too great. I think this team will make some noise and make life hell for other teams.

OK... please don't let me down by declaring Hughes is gonna make the team and it doesn't happen! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maketherightmove said:

What would Quinn gain with another year in college?  Will he grow more inches as a 19 year old? Unlikely.  Would he get more points? Probably, but due to being more familiar with his line mates not because he became more talented all of a sudden.  Instead of wasting a year getting him more acquainted with his Michigan teammates why not spend that year getting him more framiliar with Pettersson and Boeser?  He will gain some more weight, but wouldn’t it be better if he was with the Canucks so they can closely monitor that?  We don’t want him “bulking up” we want him to grow into his body naturally, but in all honesty I think what you see is what you’ll probably get. I don’t think he’ll get any heavier than 180/185.  Answer me, why do other good teams get to paly their players right out of the draft and have successful seasons, but the Canucks aren’t allowed to?  Dinosaur thinking.  Kids are proving they’re able to play in the NHL more and more all the time.   I say sign Quinn Hughes and give him a chance to show us what he can do.    

The difference between Hughes and Rathbone is Hughes was playing against men last year and Rathbone was playing in high school.  

Edited by Pure961089
  • Cheers 2