The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, plantheparade7979 said:

I like you if i remember correctly was huge on Bovqist. I still am. Funny thing I think him and Hughes will end up being the 2 most exciting D,s in the draft. I was hop[ing for Hughes. Just never imagined he would fall to us. If he gets a little bigger and starts to win more board battles Hughes is going to be a D that kids growing up model their game after. The way he can angle a player off and strip the puck is amazing. Bovqist im not sure how he will end up on D> He is for sure an adventure. One scout wrote in the Hockey news before the draft that if s team gets all of Adam to watch out. But he isn't sure if that will ever happen. 

I would have been fine with Smith over Dobson or especially Bouchard. We need that jump out of your seat type of guy. Who we def got in Q.

Anyone who thinks poorly of Adam is like Rob_Zepp said is a plastic fan.

Boqvist's ceiling is incredibly high, just like Hughes. It's why I was so high on him personally. He's not tiny, but not big either. The more I learn about Hughes the more I like him too. Good character, smart, just as high a ceiling as Boqvist. I dunno. I was going to be a kid on Christmas no matter who we drafted in the top 10 at the draft. So many exciting names and players. I'd have to find reasons to not be happy with anyone that could have been selected in the top 10. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Boqvist's ceiling is incredibly high, just like Hughes. It's why I was so high on him personally. He's not tiny, but not big either. The more I learn about Hughes the more I like him too. Good character, smart, just as high a ceiling as Boqvist. I dunno. I was going to be a kid on Christmas no matter who we drafted in the top 10 at the draft. So many exciting names and players. I'd have to find reasons to not be happy with anyone that could have been selected in the top 10. 

I really liked Boqvist as well....  but at the WJSS, the difference between him and Hughes is night and day. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 70seven said:

I really liked Boqvist as well....  but at the WJSS, the difference between him and Hughes is night and day. 

Quinn is almost a full year older than Adam and (at the moment) Boqvist is severely undersized.  His brother is 6' now, so hopefully he will inherit the same physique.  Similar players with great speed and IQ, but that shot of Boqvist's...

1 hour ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Quinn has the "Will to win" mentality that you absolutely need to win the Cup....

I think he has substantially more of that than any other player taken in the draft....period,.

Skill aside...we got the "Man"...!

Totally agree.  I think our last two top picks (Pettersson and Hughes) both have that “it” factor.  Clearly the two best players in their draft classes, because of “it” too.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Totally agree.  I think our last two top picks (Pettersson and Hughes) both have that “it” factor.  Clearly the two best players in their draft classes, because of “it” too.

Wish I had more of "it" myself....

The team we will see in 1 and a bit years will have 2 players with magic and grit as well as pure winners in Gaudette, Dahlen, Bo, Oli and Demko....

That is a playoff team ....and one that will strike fear into opposing goaltenders hearts....!

This must be worth a....

....Just watch...!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, 70seven said:

Hughes is like 10 months older no? May seem insignificant but it's something. Boqvist turns 18 in 2 days. Hughes turns 19 in October. I am not one to make my end all be all judgement over one event either. More of a big picture guy. All I am saying is the sky is the limit for all these kids and I would not have been unhappy if Benning selected Boqvist or Bouchard or Dobson. It's okay to be super excited about Hughes without degrading other prospects.

Edited by N7Nucks
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

Quinn is almost a full year older than Adam and (at the moment) Boqvist is severely undersized.  His brother is 6' now, so hopefully he will inherit the same physique.  Similar players with great speed and IQ, but that shot of Boqvist's...

Severely undersized?  

You know he is bigger than Hughes right?

37 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Severely undersized?  

You know he is bigger than Hughes right?

Has he grown since hockeydb?  

Adam Boqvist

Defense -- shoots R
Born Aug 15 2000 -- Falun, Sweden
[17 yrs. ago]
Height 5.09 -- Weight 154 [175 cm/70 kg]

57 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yup, and being VERY young for this draft, he's also got time to do so.

I really liked boqvist pre draft and was hoping the canucks would get him. And then Hughes fell. (thank you mtl and Arizona) 

I am curious how boqvist will do as he was who I had originally wanted. 

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

I really liked boqvist pre draft and was hoping the canucks would get him. And then Hughes fell. (thank you mtl and Arizona) 

I am curious how boqvist will do as he was who I had originally wanted. 

I dont think he makes a positive impact until age 25 at the NHL level if at all. He didnt look good at the summer showcase. Im glad they didnt take Noah Dobson.   

• Wat 1