The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

4 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I agree, although it is likely that Sutt's NTC includes Edm as a team he can't be traded to. 

Edm could use more cap space

How 'bout Kris Russell cap dump 2yrs/ $4m and B. Manning (buried) 1yr/ 1.75m  Total  5.175m

LD still on ELC not named Juolevi.  They would probably pick Brisbois or Sautner

2nd round pick. 

The Sutters are from Alberta and I'm pretty sure he off-season's there. So I'm not sure that would be an issue for him....plus there's always the **McJesus!!!** draw.

I'd take Russel for a couple years, perfect timing coming off the books for Hughes/Pettersson's next deals and would likely allow us to move Hutton for a needed RD. Doubt that garner's 8th OA though.

59 minutes ago, aGENT said:

No Lucic. I wouldn't take on that contract for 8th OA alone.

I'd certainly consider Sutter @ 50%, our 2nd and another piece though.

That's probably not even close to getting it done.

Would you do our 10th OA for Wennberg (50% retained) + 2nd + Murray? That's a comparable deal value wise and when the positional need is in the bottom 6 it does not warrant losing value on an asset (8th OA).

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

The Sutters are from Alberta and I'm pretty sure he off-season's there. So I'm not sure that would be an issue for him....plus there's always the **McJesus!!!** draw.

I'd take Russel for a couple years, perfect timing coming off the books for Hughes/Pettersson's next deals and would likely allow us to move Hutton for a needed RD. Doubt that garner's 8th OA though.

Russell has a NMC until July 1st when he has to submit a 10 team list he will accept a trade to. He might be willing to waive to stay in Western Canada but this may make this deal a little more difficult to get done before, or at, the draft.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Horvat is a Boss said:

Would you do our 10th OA for Wennberg (50% retained) + 2nd + Murray? That's a comparable deal value wise and when the positional need is in the bottom 6 it does not warrant losing value on an asset (8th OA).

Wennberg has been trending downwards and got supplanted by Dubois and Duchene as the top 6 centres. I am not liking that trade at all and I would just hang up

5 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

We have different needs than EDM.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, aGENT said:

We have different needs than EDM.

Getting a 3C is not worth losing value on a prime asset like an 8th OA pick. The only way we land it is trading up (involving 10th OA) or a deal where we take back Lucic. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

He's EXACTLY what they need. Depend on how desperate they are to actually try to make playoffs though.

@Warhippy I might even consider our 2020 1st....

With Looch on the team that would have to be top 10 protected 

Edited by Warhippy

49 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Getting a 3C is not worth losing value on a prime asset like an 8th OA pick. The only way we land it is trading up (involving 10th OA) or a deal where we take back Lucic. 

Well they'd be getting said 3C at 50% off plus a pick and likely a 3rd asset. I agree it's no slam dunk but it's in the ballpark IMO.

50 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Not that different, Top 6 wingers and defencemen. 

Different needs as in they need to contend NOW and need cap space/good value players. We're still in the tail end of a rebuild and while we certainly need to keep improving are only expected to push for a bubble/wildcard spot and have tens of millions in cap space. Different needs.

17 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

With Looch on the team that would have to be top 10 protected 

No Looch. But yes indeed.

Edited by aGENT

2 hours ago, higgyfan said:

I agree, although it is likely that Sutt's NTC includes Edm as a team he can't be traded to. 

Edm could use more cap space

How 'bout Kris Russell cap dump 2yrs/ $4m and B. Manning (buried) 1yr/ 1.75m  Total  5.175m

LD still on ELC not named Juolevi.  They would probably pick Brisbois or Sautner

2nd round pick. 

I dunno - he's got lots of history and family in AB. He might be fine with it. 

I prefer them getting the guys we don't want here :lol: but Russel would be a bottom 6 rhd upgrade so thats fine too and that Manning cap dump also fits the bill. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I dunno - he's got lots of history and family in AB. He might be fine with it. 

I prefer them getting the guys we don't want here :lol: but Russel would be a bottom 6 rhd upgrade so thats fine too and that Manning cap dump also fits the bill. 

I Russel right shot?  I thought he was left shot.  

No to Lucic unless Loui goes the other way.  Would we have to protect those two in the Seattle draft?  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I Russel right shot?  I thought he was left shot.  

No to Lucic unless Loui goes the other way.  Would we have to protect those two in the Seattle draft?  

damn. thanks for the catch, for some reason I thought he was was a right side d. And I forgot about his NMC so yeah he would need protection, so hard pass on Russel. Did I get into your scotch last night?

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Well they'd be getting said 3C at 50% off plus a pick and likely a 3rd asset. I agree it's no slam dunk but it's in the ballpark IMO.

Different needs as in they need to contend NOW and need cap space/good value players. We're still in the tail end of a rebuild and while we certainly need to keep improving are only expected to push for a bubble/wildcard spot and have tens of millions in cap space. Different needs.

No Looch. But yes indeed.

I think both teams will face major pressure to make the playoffs from ownership and they should be competing hard against each other for likely one of the wild card spots. Edmonton is for sure more desperate at this point, but I dont see to much difference between the two. 

Edited by Bure_Pavel

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

damn. thanks for the catch, for some reason I thought he was was a right side d. And I forgot about his NMC so yeah he would need protection, so hard pass on Russel. Did I get into your scotch last night?

Russell's NMC expires this July 1. Lucic has two more years on his. WAY HARDER PASS. Not even for Eriksson.

• Cheers 1