The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

26 minutes ago, cyoung said:

He's American born.

25 minutes ago, Stamkos said:

He moved to the US when he was two. He’s from Uzbekistan. 

Doesnt matter. Still not a benning pick. 

Would be interesting to see if anyone could pick out who benning will draft the day before. After last years shuffle you might be better off going 1-7 on the lotto max. 

Edited by MystifyNCrucify
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Hughes

Kakko

Byram

Cozens

Dach

Turcotte

Podkolzin

Caufield

Zegras

Boldy

That’s my top 10 as of this point.

I think that is quite accurate.  From 3 to ten could be in a blender. It will be interesting to see who is there at 10. If someone reaches outside of that group it could leave us with choices.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, appleboy said:

I think that is quite accurate.  From 3 to ten could be in a blender. It will be interesting to see who is there at 10. If someone reaches outside of that group it could leave us with choices.

I’d be pretty happy if Turcotte, Cozens or Zegras drop to us.  Will certainly be interesting this year.

• Upvote 2

On 4/23/2019 at 4:05 PM, Seannnp said:

Wont drop to the teens. I don't see JB passing up on him at 10. Depends on how he interviews I guess, but I am taking him at 10 regardless of how is left on the board aside from Dach, Cozens and Byram and maybe, although to a lesser extent Turcotte.

Are you sure? Podkolzin isn’t blowing my socks off and the Russian factor is always in play as long as the KHL is around. I’m good with whoever we pick Benning has my faith after the last 2 drafts. I just hope we take the most skilled guy available and not draft for position. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, singing chef said:

The Canucks would have loved to have won the lottery (obviously) and likely select Jack Hughes, thereby uniting the 2 Hughes brothers.  With NJD now holding the #1 pick there have been posts suggesting possible trades with NJD for that #1 pick.

Instead, how about looking at it from a different angle.  What would NJD be prepared to offer us for Quinn Hughes ?  That must be enticing for them.  Would they consider Taylor Hall and Damon Severson for Quinn Hughes and Adam Gaudette (or Jake Virtanen) ?  Or Nico Hischier and Damon Severson for Q.H. and A.G. (or J.V.) ?  

I'd be up for that kind of trade.  Severson puts up good points and has good size.  It's an interesting thought.  

I had brought that up also. Most of CDC will be madly against it, but if NJD make an offer we cant refuse then you make that trade. It would have to have Severson a rhd we sorely need, Hischier would be ideal but I am sure NJ wants to keep him. Hall would be nice, bit injury prone and he is older. Not sure if there is the right fit for a trade but JB should answer Shero's call and at least listen to what he would have to offer

6 minutes ago, YearoftheNuck said:

Broberg - man I am so torn on this player. Every game he makes sick plays with his top notch skating and shot, but then he follows it up the next shift with a brutal give away or looks lax on getting back into the d zone, a few times resulting in goals against. I want to like him, I really do, but I see him frustrating the hell out of whichever fan base he’s playing for because they will see the great things he can do out there, and then the dog things as well. Kind of reminds me of Elder in that sense. 

So Edler 2.0 basically... I dont think we need to draft another lhd with a top pick we should have our top 2 LHD pairing D already with Hughes and OJ. hoping we add a quality winger and try to get a late 1st or early 2nd to get korczak the Canadian RHD who plays for the Rockets. I liked his game this tournament for Canada 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

So Edler 2.0 basically... I dont think we need to draft another lhd with a top pick we should have our top 2 LHD pairing D already with Hughes and OJ. hoping we add a quality winger and try to get a late 1st or early 2nd to get korczak the Canadian RHD who plays for the Rockets. I liked his game this tournament for Canada 

I couldn’t agree more, which is one of the reasons he was at the bottom of my list. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Hughes

Kakko

Byram

Cozens

Dach

Turcotte

Podkolzin

Caufield

Zegras

Boldy

That’s my top 10 as of this point.

Good list, but every year someone goes off the board

You have to wonder about Krebs, Newhook, York, Kaliyev, Harley, Soderstrom, Broberg, Lavoie

That is 8 of which I would bet at least 1 or 2 which could be top 10...…………….4 of which are Dmen

My bet if Caufield comes off your list and maybe Boldy

I could see any of Krebs, York, Harley or Soderstrom being considered...…..outside chance of Broberg…..(he might be too much for Anaheim to ignore)

• Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Who would u rather have in the playoffs, Zegras or Caufield?

Caufield 100%. Pure goal scorers like him don’t come around very often (DeBrincat). If he wasn’t so small he’d a top 5 talent. 

I know it's heresy to suggest anything other than BPA these days but I keep looking at the gaping hole at the 1st line LW spot and thinking we need to fill that sooner than later. It's quietly been our weakest position for well on a decade now but was always masked by the presence of Daniel Sedin. We can do another year, or two if necessary, of mid-20s reclamation projects there but we need someone coming up who can take that spot and run with it. I really really doubt that Lind or Gadjovich or whoever is gonna be that guy.

The names I keep circling around:

Boldy 

Krebs

Newhook

Kaliyev

Kaliyev doesn't strike me so much as a Benning pick, but I'd be down with the other 3. Truth be told I've been getting PLD flashbacks with Newhook, like I'm afraid to focus on him too much for fear of other teams honing in on him.

Of course by all means, if we get a repeat of last year where some of the top tier guys drop, stick with BPA. I'd be more than happy especially for Byram, Cozens or Turcotte, but otherwise I'm not against picking for position. Weighing BPA vs. Position has a lot to do with where you're at in your team building imo.

• Upvote 2