The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

That's an excellent point.  What would JB have to give up to get into the back half or the first round?  

Think Agent is close.

Possibly our second + a prospect or maybe even next years second/third. 

From 40 to 25... not sure how expensive it’ll be...

7 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Our 2nd +....?

Probably... don’t think we have enough in the ranks of value we can afford to give up...maybe. 

A lot of posters wanted to use Gaudette as bait... not sure. 

( not together w a 2nd though...)

Edited by spook007

Just now, spook007 said:

Think Agent is close.

Possibly our second + a prospect or maybe even next years second/third. 

From 40 to 25... not sure how expensive it’ll be...

What about moving Hutton to get another third?  Then packaging our third and the Hutton third with a prospect like Gadjovic?  I hope Benning is making such arrangements ahead of time with a couple teams drafting around 20.  Then if Seider is there, we can get him.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

What about moving Hutton to get another third?  Then packaging our third and the Hutton third with a prospect like Gadjovic?  I hope Benning is making such arrangements ahead of time with a couple teams drafting around 20.  Then if Seider is there, we can get him.  

If you could get that done, I’d be all for something along those lines...

I do like Gadj, but we are still in need of d prospects...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Unlike Zegras, Pettersson was almost always (except on PP) involved in the dirty areas.  Broberg is a D man, who is big, skates like the wind, and is also involved.

Zegras, is a perimiter player.  I hope we don't take him.  

Brobergs measurables are fantastic and I think he’s got the easiest floor to hit and become a steady top 4 dman but his offensive creativity and IQ is not there to be a top dman. Call me crazy but I don’t want to spend a top 10 pick on an all around dman. Offensively gifted dman like Hughes I’m game but when you have picks like that you should be drafting BPA and where the skills and traits look like that of a top player. I honestly wouldn’t draft Broberg until 15ish.

6 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Brobergs measurables are fantastic and I think he’s got the easiest floor to hit and become a steady top 4 dman but his offensive creativity and IQ is not there to be a top dman. Call me crazy but I don’t want to spend a top 10 pick on an all around dman. Offensively gifted dman like Hughes I’m game but when you have picks like that you should be drafting BPA and where the skills and traits look like that of a top player. I honestly wouldn’t draft Broberg until 15ish.

" 'Berg, Bro"

...famous last words uttered by the first mate to Captain, on THAT tragic ocean liner...

• Haha 3

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

" 'Berg, Bro"

...famous last words uttered by the first mate to Captain, on THAT tragic ocean liner...

Fair to say if they could get ‘Ice’ on the wing, they’d be heading for disaster ::D

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Deathrowe said:

Zegras is considered very feisty for his size. If you look at his stat line you'll see he had 94 pims last year. 25 of which came from a really greasy play where he stuck his knee out on someone (not a huge fan of that)... All in all, I think I would prefer Boldy due to his size and his ability to strip people of the puck but Zegras is way up there for me as well.

A few months ago I read someone comparing him to the rat... without the tongue. 

Very competitive with skills and some nastiness... have to admit, while The Rat still is poster boy on my dart board, I wouldn’t mind someone like that in our team... Being it on. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

https://www.sportsnet.ca/650/the-playbook/ryan-biech-breaks-things-prospects-moves-canucks-can-make/

Ryan Biech who is a writer for Canucks army and tracks a lot of draft prospects every single year (the only credible CA writer and prospect writer) made some very good assessments of some players such as Broberg, Krebs, Newhook.

I had asked about Broberg, and Biech mostly commented saying that Broberg lacks processing ability and often gets himself into trouble making bad decisions.  However, his physical tools are very impressing, but cautions about getting enamored with his physical skill set.  Biech said he would take Moritz Seider over Broberg

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY
  • Cheers 3

Just now, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/650/the-playbook/ryan-biech-breaks-things-prospects-moves-canucks-can-make/

Ryan Biech who is a writer for Canucks army and tracks a lot of draft prospects every single year (the only credible CA writer and prospect writer) made some very good assessments of some players such as Broberg, Krebs, Newhook.

I had asked about Broberg, and Biech mostly commented saying that Broberg lacks processing ability and often gets himself into trouble making bad decisions.  However, his physical tools are very impressing, but cautions about getting enamored with his physical skill set.

Sounds like Jake Virtanen on defence. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

Wow that latest ranking with Dach and Cozens dropping out of the top ten, gives me 2017 Petey and 2018 QH feels that we can steal a gem. Only a few more weeks until we see it unfold.

Turcotte ranked #10 too. Craig was dropping some hot takes on this ranking list

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I had asked about Broberg, and Biech mostly commented saying that Broberg lacks processing ability and often gets himself into trouble making bad decisions.  However, his physical tools are very impressing, but cautions about getting enamored with his physical skill set.  Biech said he would take Moritz Seider over Broberg

did Beach ever lace 'em up, and really play?

I do like Seider though.  I would not be at all disappointed if we took him at 10.